Anybody been to a bad show?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Re: Anybody been to a bad show?

Post by Swamp »

With the exception of my first show at the freebird in '03, the rest in that venue have sounded like shit. I would not recommend anybody
making a trip for a show in that venue. Also when they came to ponte vedra last summer, something was up with Cooley's PA.We had some
newbees in front of Cooley on the wall and they couldn't hear any of his lyrics. Matador wasn't at that show. The other 70+ shows have been
great!
It wasn't a bad show by any means but there was a gainesville show where I was filming. I had 3 so called friends standing behind me. They
let a guy through who promptly knocked me to the ground. They told me he was just having a good time. I know that shit wouldn't have
happened had the Wiscy boys been behind me. I hate when people fuck up and explain it away as "I was just having a good time"

Last edited by Swamp on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Flea

Post by Flea »

Swamp wrote: I had 3 so called friends standing behind me. They
let a guy through who promptly knocked me to the ground.
A Circle Of Trust violation from within? That should result in immediate revocation of doobie privileges.
Now it's dark.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Flea wrote:
Swamp wrote: I had 3 so called friends standing behind me. They
let a guy through who promptly knocked me to the ground.
A Circle Of Trust violation from within? That should result in immediate revocation of doobie privileges.
I'll remember that next time.

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

A bad DBT show? What is this, a joke?
I would like to apologize to anybody that I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

drommel56 wrote:A bad DBT show? What is this, a joke?
exactly!! 35 shows since 2005 and Never a bad one

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Never ever. Total badasses and this is what grabbed us all and pulled us in. 100% passion and commitment to the rock show. I don't know of anyone in any business with a vision and follow-through like Patterson & Co.

If you need a second opinion, just ask Patterson's flannels. Drenched in blood, sweat, tears and rock at every show.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Swamp wrote:I hate when people fuck up and explain it away as "I was just having a good time"
Dude sounds like an asshole. Yeah I was having a good time too 'til you knocked me over cause you can't handle your liquor.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Rocky wrote:
Swamp wrote:I hate when people fuck up and explain it away as "I was just having a good time"
Dude sounds like an asshole. Yeah I was having a good time too 'til you knocked me over cause you can't handle your liquor.
Sometimes it works out. Click to see how:

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Erdlivz wrote:Never ever. Total badasses and this is what grabbed us all and pulled us in. 100% passion and commitment to the rock show. I don't know of anyone in any business with a vision and follow-through like Patterson & Co.

If you need a second opinion, just ask Patterson's flannels. Drenched in blood, sweat, tears and rock at every show.
Maybe the question was worded wrong or the answer was worded wrong. No doubt they always come out blazing but no matter how much energy they
have if the sound isn't right. it ain't right. Maybe it's just a freebird thing. I hate that venue. DBT is the only band I would go there to see but then I know
all the words so I know what they're singing. ha ha What is really amazing is that people that have seen them far more times than me have never caught
a bad sounding show. As for Patterson's flannels, I own a few of them and they ain't never said shit to me :lol: