Lydia Loveless- Shonna

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bnzz

Lydia Loveless- Shonna

Post by bnzz »

After the Homecoming Shows, I have really gotten into Lydia Loveless. I am not sure how to word this, but Lydia Loveless sounds like I always hoped Shonna would have during her writing/singing days with DBT. I am not bagging on Shonna, just a thought I had going through my head. Anyone else out there have this thought?

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: Lydia Loveless- Shonna

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

bnzz wrote:After the Homecoming Shows, I have really gotten into Lydia Loveless. I am not sure how to word this, but Lydia Loveless sounds like I always hoped Shonna would have during her writing/singing days with DBT. I am not bagging on Shonna, just a thought I had going through my head. Anyone else out there have this thought?

Can't say that I have. Like many, I first heard her sing on "Like A Rolling Stone" and wondered if we'd ever hear her sing her own songs on a record. Of course, that happened but those songs may not have always lived up to our expectations. When I saw her with Eye Candy last year she debuted some new songs that I hope will one day find their way onto a record. At this point, I'm not sure what her game plan is or if she has one. Personally, I'm hoping that we haven't heard the last of Shonna.

Clams

Post by Clams »

bnzz wrote:After the Homecoming Shows, I have really gotten into Lydia Loveless. I am not sure how to word this, but Lydia Loveless sounds like I always hoped Shonna would have during her writing/singing days with DBT. I am not bagging on Shonna, just a thought I had going through my head. Anyone else out there have this thought?

Never even crossed my mind to compare them.
If you don't run you rust

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Not a comparison, just an observation I guess. Kudzu I think got close with his comment. Beauty of music... everyone gets what they get

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

I had exactly the same thought. She sounds like Shonna, with better projection, longer sustain, and better intonation. Precisely what you said, "What I always Shonna would."
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

gepman

Post by gepman »

I heard it too.
Never heard Lydia before, listened to the 40 Watt show that was posted.
On "Really Wanna See You" I thought abouther voice sounded very similar to Shonna's.

Since, I've gone and listened to the studio versions of these songs and I don't hear it there...
Last edited by gepman on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Not really comparing them, but to me they do sound a little alike. More of what GW had to say, with a bit of confidence and swagger thrown in.