Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bovine knievel

Re: Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Post by bovine knievel »

In. Napa!
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

walthers

Post by walthers »

The venue in Napa is cool. I saw Jerry Douglass there a year and half ago or so, very small, nice sound and a good time.

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

See ya'll in Boulder. I have pretty much taken a year off of listening to the Truckers...after 10 years of going to pretty much every show within 5 hours of me (and some travelling), I needed a break.

Thought about the Red Rocks show, but couldn't pull the trigger when it won't be a real "Rock Show."

Very glad to get this vs. a regular Rock Show though. The final night of the last Dirt Underneath show in Boulder last time around is still a Top 10 show for me (all bands).

Sort of wish it was at The Fox, but I don't mind the Boulder Theater for quieter shows. I don't like how it sounds in there loud...for stuff like this it's fine.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Cole Younger wrote:Man nary a Southern date on that list. I have to believe there will be more dates though. I would drive a ways for this.

I feel for you folks in the southeast seeing as you have so few chances to see the band perform live.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

sactochris wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:Man nary a Southern date on that list. I have to believe there will be more dates though. I would drive a ways for this.

I feel for you folks in the southeast seeing as you have so few chances to see the band perform live.

:lol:
ain't no static on the gospel radio

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

sactochris wrote:

Yeah, yeah...we are a little spoiled in this neck of the woods. If my calculations are correct they've played in NC alone 8 times in the past 12 months.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Gotta annual crawfish boil on that Saturday in Chicago, the Kentucky Derby, and like the long awaited Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, however I think that I'm gonna grab a pair of Iowa City tickets for the 2nd and figure it out along the way.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Yee-Haw! I'll see you boys at the First Ave!
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Iowan wrote:
Odds are I'll be able to make some (just based on weather and what not), but I can't really plan for it. I'll just have to hope the shows don't fully sell out.

Want me to snag an extra First Ave ticket for ya? I can always unload it on someone if you can't make 'er.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Are the KC, Iowa City and Minny shows likely to sell out w/in the first couple of days? I'd like a little time to be more sure of my plans, but if I need to cover my flank and get the tix first safe is definitely better than sorry.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:Are the KC, Iowa City and Minny shows likely to sell out w/in the first couple of days? I'd like a little time to be more sure of my plans, but if I need to cover my flank and get the tix first safe is definitely better than sorry.

First Ave might, others might know the other venues better than I.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

I don't think the First Ave will sell out in a few days - maybe a few weeks. But, I've been burned before, so I'm going to scoop up four (the max individual sale) right away. As of yet only two of those tickets will get used for sure, so I might be able to accommodate 3DD'ers late to the party.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

So the New Madrid in St. Louis--standing room or GA?

UPDATE: It looks like they put chairs out. I think I'll try Standing Room Only unless someone knows better and says so soon.

FURTHER UPDATE: On the other hand, it's all ages and I could take the daughter. So I've got to think this over.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I don't know if it was a damn good guess or inside information but a few posters here have been speculating that this would happen for a while now.

The first time I saw the band was in June 2007 and it was electric as Hell so I assume the Dirt Undernear acoustic tour was in the first part of that year? I have hoped they would do something like this for a LONG time. They have got to bring this to the east coast, right?
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

In for Boulder on 4/19. Tickets purchased.

Cannot wait.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Rocky wrote:The first time I saw the band was in June 2007 and it was electric as Hell so I assume the Dirt Undernear acoustic tour was in the first part of that year? I have hoped they would do something like this for a LONG time. They have got to bring this to the east coast, right?

The first Dirt Underneath tour started in April 2007 in Athens and wrapped up in October 2007 in Baltimore. There were also some normal rock shows interspersed in that time frame. More details at the link below…just scroll down to 2007.

http://drivebytruckers.com/pasttourdates.html
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Rocky wrote:I don't know if it was a damn good guess or inside information but a few posters here have been speculating that this would happen for a while now.

I think Patterson mentioned the possibility in one of his Word From the Hood missives in the latter part of 2014.

Rocky wrote:The first time I saw the band was in June 2007 and it was electric as Hell so I assume the Dirt Undernear acoustic tour was in the first part of that year? I have hoped they would do something like this for a LONG time. They have got to bring this to the east coast, right?

Since the idea for these tours started with their semi-acoustic (Earl played electric bass) shows at Pine Hill Farm in Durham, NC in 2001 and 2002, respectively and the previous Dirt Underneath tour passed the Triangle area by altogether, I'm hoping we get one in this area this time around.

BB Coach

Post by BB Coach »

IN for Iowa City May 2. Shaping up to be quite a week of music. Jay Farrar on Apr 24, James McMurtry Apr 27, capped off by the Dirt Underneath!! :D

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

$65 for Napa tickets... counting down to noon... that's a little unusual, isn't it?
OK got in... geez you guys are fast, best I could get is 3rd row.
See yall there.
Last edited by drommel56 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would like to apologize to anybody that I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you.

John A Arkansawyer

drommel56 wrote:$65 for Napa tickets... counting down to noon... that's a little unusual, isn't it?

I see the only thing available is Orchestra Center. Possibly the cheap seats go on sale later.

And from the theater's website, I see this is the case:

Doors:
April 25, 2015 8:00 pm $60/45/35
12+ (Under 16 With Adult) - See more at: http://www.uptowntheatrenapa.com/event/ ... KkJi7.dpuf
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

bovine knievel wrote:In. Napa!

Tix purchased... Row C seats 105-106
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

bovine knievel wrote:

We are C 107-108
I would like to apologize to anybody that I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you.

walthers

Post by walthers »

Boulder ticket purchased. Can't wait.

As for the above post about the $65 Napa ticket, unfortunately all the shows at that theater are expensive, I have never understood why but they are. I have seen shows in Sacramento, then went down to Napa the next day for the same show and it is almost twice as expensive.

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

walthers wrote:Boulder ticket purchased. Can't wait.

As for the above post about the $65 Napa ticket, unfortunately all the shows at that theater are expensive, I have never understood why but they are. I have seen shows in Sacramento, then went down to Napa the next day for the same show and it is almost twice as expensive.

Nice room though... https://www.google.com/maps/@38.296669, ... e2!6m1!1e1

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

drommel56 wrote:

Two Words! Wine Country...
Everything there is a bit overpriced as to the rest of Semi rural Nor Cal.
Not really much to do in Napa except for drink and watch the tidal river flow, if the tides in.
Just glad they booked this after the sparsly attended Patterson show at the City Winery last spring.
That said, no price is too high for some Dirt Underneath, you won't be disappointed,
I've been waiting almost 8 years to see them do this again, so awesome.
See your all there, so stoked!
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

John A Arkansawyer

PeterG wrote:
drommel56 wrote:

Two Words! Wine Country...
Everything there is a bit overpriced as to the rest of Semi rural Nor Cal.
Not really much to do in Napa except for drink and watch the tidal river flow, if the tides in.
Just glad they booked this after the sparsly attended Patterson show at the City Winery last spring.
That said, no price is too high for some Dirt Underneath, you won't be disappointed,
I've been waiting almost 8 years to see them do this again, so awesome.
See your all there, so stoked!

So I'm wondering--are C row seats worth it? Or is this a good enough room to get a cheap seat and enjoy that?

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

bovine knievel wrote:

See you there Bro!
Gonna be a good time,
Any chance on Monterey?
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I'm torn. I want to see the Napa show, but I also really want to see Lydia Loveless at Bottom Of The Hill in San Francisco that night. I've never seen her before, and I like that room.

walthers

Post by walthers »

It is a great room and small enough to have a nice view from anywhere. I would think that the sound would be good from anywhere but honestly I have only sat on the bottom section, never "up top." My apologies for not being more help there.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I just scored some orchestra center, row C for the Monterey show. I'm some what surprised those were still available an hour and fifteen minutes into the presale, especially since they are a third less than the ducats for the Napa show.