Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

uncle rickey

Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Post by uncle rickey »

Slew of dates just announced!

-edit- more to come. My phone just ate my post...

ford911

Re: Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Post by ford911 »

In 2007 there was The Dirt Underneath Tour. In 2015 The Dirt Underneath Tour rides again! Dates below. Tickets on sale tomorrow at Noon local time. See you at the dig site.
Apr 17 Columbia, MO - The Blue Note
Apr 18 Kansas City, MO - Madrid Theatre
Apr 19 Boulder, CO - Boulder Theater
Apr 21 Flagstaff, AZ - Orpheum Theater
Apr 22 Solana Beach, CA - Belly Up Tavern
Apr 23 Los Angeles, CA - The Regent Theater
Apr 24 Monterey, CA - Golden State Theatre
Apr 25 Napa, CA - Uptown Theatre
Apr 27 Portland, OR - Revolution Hall
Apr 28 Seattle, WA - Moore Theatre
May 01 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
May 02 Iowa City, IA - Englert Theater

bummed that austin gets a date with eric church and not this.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

This makes me sick to my stomach.

DBT, Todd Snider, and James McMurtry are all playing multiple dates in my back yard in a 10 day span this Spring, that correlates with the (likely) most intense portion of planting season. Meaning I probably can't go to a single fucking one of those shows.

Odds are I'll be able to make some (just based on weather and what not), but I can't really plan for it. I'll just have to hope the shows don't fully sell out.

gepman

Post by gepman »

Bring it back East boys, Mid-Atlantic to be exact...

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Even if more dates aren't announced (but I bet they will be) I can't complain that there's no southeast dates yet. They play here all the time. I wonder if this tour will be all acoustic? Half acoustic/half electric?
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

From the email that just went out:

Y'all,
Back in 2007, Drive-By Truckers did a series of shows that we called The Dirt Underneath. It was conceived as an acoustic tour, but over time it sort of morphed into more of a halfway acoustic tour. We sat down (most shows) and definitely re-arranged and reinvented songs, pulled out songs that usually don't get played much in our regular show, had more banter and story-telling and a generally different vibe and approach from the DBT Rock Shows that we are known for.

It also gave us a chance to work on new material. At that point we were preparing to go in and record the album Brighter Than Creation's Dark and The Dirt Underneath gave us a chance to workshop and showcase many of those songs as a 'work in progress' in front of a friendly crowd.

The tour was a great success and a lot of fun and we have always talked of doing it again, but it's just never been the right time or situation. Until now.

We are going out in April with the same approach. It will be a fun change of pace for us and hopefully a fun and different thing for y'all. We hope to pull out some different songs and toy with some old favorites in a different way and as I said, hopefully work up some new ones along the way. I know that BTCD greatly benefited from that tour and as we're in the early stages of writing and thinking of what comes next, this seemed like a great time time to pull out some chairs and maybe a lamp or two and invite Y'all to a traveling living room for a couple of weeks.

Who knows what will come of it?

As always, thank you for your long time support and see you at the dig site.
DBT

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Of course the Replacements are playing the Fillmore the same night as the Boulder gig. A much more rare thing and a much closer drive (2 miles verses 35 miles). But fuck, considering I fly all over the country to see these guys it's not like I have much of a choice. IN for Boulder.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

First Ave on a Friday...gotta find a way to make this happen.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

sideburn

Post by sideburn »

brett27295 wrote:Even if more dates aren't announced (but I bet they will be) I can't complain that there's no southeast dates yet. They play here all the time. I wonder if this tour will be all acoustic? Half acoustic/half electric?

Just got the email and agree we get our fair share in NC, but would love to see this at Greenfield Lake on a nice spring evening.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

brett27295 wrote:Even if more dates aren't announced (but I bet they will be) I can't complain that there's no southeast dates yet.

DBT will be in Alabama at Hangout Fest on May 16. It would be really convenient to just stop off in Birmingham with Dirt Underneath on the way to or from Gulf Shores.
Let the outside air in

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

HELL FUCKING YEAH!
The 2 Dirt Underneath Shows in SF in '07,
We're two of the greatest nights of music I've ever experienced....

Just when I got over missing on Homecoming, they help get me out of my funk with THIS...

FUCKING love the DBT!!!

Any idea when the On Sale is?
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

[quote="PeterG"]HELL FUCKING YEAH!
The 2 Dirt Underneath Shows in SF in '07,
We're two of the greatest nights of music I've ever experienced....

Still Bummed that I missed Homecoming, and they now give me THIS!

I FUCKING love the DBT!!!

Any idea when the On Sale is?
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

PeterG wrote:Any idea when the On Sale is?

Tomorrow at noon local time

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

uncle rickey wrote:
PeterG wrote:Any idea when the On Sale is?

Tomorrow at noon local time

Thanks UR,
Just read the post on FB, will we see you and CG at any of these west coast dates?

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

thanks
Last edited by PeterG on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

PeterG wrote:Thanks UR,
Just read the post on FB, will we see you and CG at any of these west coast dates?

We are ruling nothing out. That Monterey --> Seattle run is awfully tempting. ;)

09Gamecock

Post by 09Gamecock »

Seems like an odd slew of cities to choose for this tour. I would think these places they play infrequently and have less of a following (maybe I'm underestimating it) would get the regular rock shows while some of their east coast/southeast frequent stops would be prime for the Dirt Underneath shows. Will be very bummed if they don't add some dates further east to the tour. I really like seeing Patterson in a setting where he'll open up more, interact, tell stories, take requests, etc. It's a great change of pace and so much fun. Here's hoping an extension/second leg is announced soon.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

uncle rickey wrote:

We are ruling nothing out. That Monterey --> Seattle run is awfully tempting. ;)

Your room just got snaked by somebody calling himself "the Doctor"....best figure it out quick.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

09Gamecock wrote:Seems like an odd slew of cities to choose for this tour. I would think these places they play infrequently and have less of a following (maybe I'm underestimating it) would get the regular rock shows while some of their east coast/southeast frequent stops would be prime for the Dirt Underneath shows. Will be very bummed if they don't add some dates further east to the tour. I really like seeing Patterson in a setting where he'll open up more, interact, tell stories, take requests, etc. It's a great change of pace and so much fun. Here's hoping an extension/second leg is announced soon.

A lot of these places were part of the first TDU. The Englert and Blue Note were for sure. My first DBT show was TDU @ The Englert.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

one belt loop wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:

Your room just got snaked by somebody calling himself "the Doctor"....best figure it out quick.

This guy?

I hate all of you btw. None of these work for us at all. :( ;)
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

There seems to be something wrong w/ the website. It keeps cutting off the tour in Iowa.

Depending on many factors, I'm currently eyeing:

KC
Minny
Iowa City
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
one belt loop wrote:

This guy?

kinda hoping for

Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

beantownbubba wrote:There seems to be something wrong w/ the website. It keeps cutting off the tour in Iowa.

Depending on many factors, I'm currently eyeing:

KC
Minny
Iowa City

I'm also considering the Minnesota-Iowa duo. I've never been to First Avenue and can't make the California shows.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Flea

Post by Flea »

one belt loop wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
one belt loop wrote:

This guy?

kinda hoping for

A pox on both yer houses. There's a new Doc in town, and he's taking no shit from anyone. Fuckity bye!

Now it's dark.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Man nary a Southern date on that list. I have to believe there will be more dates though. I would drive a ways for this.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Hud

Post by Hud »

Neff played pedal steel last time, right?
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Monterey and Napa for sure. Perhaps Solana Beach and LA.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I think...I think...I think I'll see some of these shows. Maybe quite a few of them. The nearest one is six hours away, but several of them are in strategically notable places. I think...I think this might be a very good spring.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

In for Napa... someone said noon local time for tickets? Local where? Wherever I am?
I would like to apologize to anybody that I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you.

walthers

Post by walthers »

Now that I am in Denver, I am in for the Boulder show. I know it is weird to just put it out there but I feel like I know many of you. Anyone traveling and needs a place to crash, my wife and I have a nice little house with an extra room if anyone is in need of a place. We do have an old lab and a cat but they are cool. I love this band and community. :D