Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Post by beantownbubba »

Alas and alack, I'm definitely out for the KC show. Still holding out vague hopes for the Minny-Iowa double bill but it's a real longshot at this point. :(
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

The best DBT shows I've seen have been at First Ave and Englert, respectively. First Ave is truly a great venue. THS's 4th of July show there a few years back might be the best concert I've ever been to.

Last March at First Ave was an absolutely stellar show from top to bottom. Even included Patterson kicking some douche out in epic fashion.

scotto

Post by scotto »

alquina wrote:
scotto wrote:Who all's going to the Columbia, MO show? Anyone for a pre-show meetup?
We're going! Let me know if you come up with a plan, we'd love to meet up with everyone.
No firm plans yet. I'm still tracking down a place to crash after the show. I'm only about 30 minutes away but don't want to worry about the drive home. John A. Arkansawyer is also going, so I'm sure there will be some sort of shenanigans going on. Plenty of bars close by, so it won't be hard to find a convenient watering hole.
I'd suggest Broadway Brewery: great food, great beer, a coupla blocks away.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Cotter wrote:I caught DBT/Hold Steady there a few years back and easily ranked as one of my top 5 (well, maybe 10) show experiences.

That's where I met you and TC and the (other) Wisconsin crew for the first time. I sold you your ticket!
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I was really looking forward to the Monterey and Napa shows, but now my church has, once again, decided to fuck up my spirituality with religion, so I am probably going to let go of my tickets, two for each show. I got pretty good seats, I think. If you have any interest, let me know. I'll be making a decision about it pretty quickly but not today. And this may knock me out of Iowa City, too. Shit, piss, and industrial waste.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Flea

Post by Flea »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I was really looking forward to the Monterey and Napa shows, but now my church has, once again, decided to fuck up my spirituality with religion, so I am probably going to let go of my tickets, two for each show. I got pretty good seats, I think. If you have any interest, let me know. I'll be making a decision about it pretty quickly but not today. And this may knock me out of Iowa City, too. Shit, piss, and industrial waste.
Mr. Jesus wouldn't mind if you went anyway. Provided you don't sexually abuse any goats or children during your travels, and buy everyone drinks.
Now it's dark.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

one belt loop wrote:
Cotter wrote:I caught DBT/Hold Steady there a few years back and easily ranked as one of my top 5 (well, maybe 10) show experiences.

That's where I met you and TC and the (other) Wisconsin crew for the first time. I sold you your ticket!
:-)
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I am leaning toward making the trip to Columbia, Mo.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Despite my earlier commitment, I still haven't bought my ticket for First Ave. Might be a gametime decision.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

I'm kicking around the idea of an Iowa City run. Nice town that is.

First weekend in May is a tough one, but as Duke mentioned below, it may be a game-day decision.
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Duke Silver wrote:Despite my earlier commitment, I still haven't bought my ticket for First Ave. Might be a gametime decision.
I remember a certain someone being reluctant the last time the boys played the First Ave, and it turned out to be an epic concert. Come on... I'll buy you a beer.
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

if I am lucky enough to make it to Minny and Iowa City and any of you folks above are not there, things just might get ugly. The only way to be safe is to buy a damn ticket and plan on being there.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:if I am lucky enough to make it to Minny and Iowa City and any of you folks above are not there, things just might get ugly. The only way to be safe is to buy a damn ticket and plan on being there.
If you go I think you have to threaten Cotter in some way to ensure his attendance. Have y'all ever actually met in the land of the living or just known each other on the inner webs for the last nine years of so?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:if I am lucky enough to make it to Minny and Iowa City and any of you folks above are not there, things just might get ugly. The only way to be safe is to buy a damn ticket and plan on being there.
If you go I think you have to threaten Cotter in some way to ensure his attendance. Have y'all ever actually met in the land of the living or just known each other on the inner webs for the last nine years of so?
I've never had the honor and pleasure, thus one reason for my previous post.

Clams

Post by Clams »

You guys are in for a treat. Patterson posted this pic and note on facebook the other day...
My new Baxendale Harmony Conversion. This one is a Silvertone, prob around 58. It plays like s dream and sounds of sweet nectar. Gonna be great for The Dirt Underneath.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

Flea wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:I was really looking forward to the Monterey and Napa shows, but now my church has, once again, decided to fuck up my spirituality with religion, so I am probably going to let go of my tickets, two for each show. I got pretty good seats, I think. If you have any interest, let me know. I'll be making a decision about it pretty quickly but not today. And this may knock me out of Iowa City, too. Shit, piss, and industrial waste.
Mr. Jesus wouldn't mind if you went anyway. Provided you don't sexually abuse any goats or children during your travels, and buy everyone drinks.
I'll bet he would even give you a pass on the goats, as long as it was good beer.
I would like to apologize to anybody that I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Sure would like to get some Florida shows. Florida didn't get any in '07 but we did manage to catch about 6 or 7 DU shows.
Some of the best shows ever but we can't travel this year so please book some shows near "the swamps of northern Florida"
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

PeterG wrote:HELL FUCKING YEAH!
The 2 Dirt Underneath Shows in SF in '07,
We're two of the greatest nights of music I've ever experienced....

Just when I got over missing on Homecoming, they help get me out of my funk with THIS...

FUCKING love the DBT!!!

Any idea when the On Sale is?
One of the best trips of our life. We bought the $50 tics that included dinner. Some where there's video of our waitress
taking our drink order as Patterson goes into "daddy needs a drink" 8-)
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

bogart

Post by bogart »

Ditto what Swamp said...

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

bogart wrote:Ditto what Swamp said...
Double ditto. FL was severely neglected on the first DU.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

John A Arkansawyer

Having given this some more thought, I'm going to go for spirituality over religion and hit the Iowa City show no matter what. My best friend (okay, one of the three best friends I have left) lives there. He turned me on to DBT and yet I've never seen a show with him. And I'd like to go to church in Iowa City. I had a real nice talk about important stuff with their minister over drinks in Minneapolis the first time I missed shows for church. I'd like to hear her preach. And I'm planning on taking the daughter, who really likes hanging out with my friend's daughter.

I may still have to ditch the Monterey and Napa shows. Again, keep me in mind if you need tickets. I'm going to come to a decision on that Real Soon Now.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

scotto

Post by scotto »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Having given this some more thought...
You still in for Columbia, MO or is that off the schedule?

Clams

Post by Clams »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Having given this some more thought, I'm going to go for spirituality over religion and hit the Iowa City show no matter what. My best friend (okay, one of the three best friends I have left) lives there. He turned me on to DBT and yet I've never seen a show with him. And I'd like to go to church in Iowa City. I had a real nice talk about important stuff with their minister over drinks in Minneapolis the first time I missed shows for church. I'd like to hear her preach. And I'm planning on taking the daughter, who really likes hanging out with my friend's daughter.
Plus, maybe you can meet that farmer from The Bachelor. And Iowan.

John A Arkansawyer

scotto wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:Having given this some more thought...
You still in for Columbia, MO or is that off the schedule?
Oh, yeah, far as I know. Something could come up, but those two are too close to miss.

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

The wife and I are hitting the KC show next Saturday. Does anyone know if they are having openers for this tour? Trying to figure out what time we need to show up at the venue.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

AFAIK these shows are "an evening with"
Always go to the show

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

8-) 8-) 8-)
Jonicont wrote:AFAIK these shows are "an evening with"
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Jonicont wrote:AFAIK these shows are "an evening with"
Any chance for a NE swing?
Dave

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Clams wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:Having given this some more thought, I'm going to go for spirituality over religion and hit the Iowa City show no matter what. My best friend (okay, one of the three best friends I have left) lives there. He turned me on to DBT and yet I've never seen a show with him. And I'd like to go to church in Iowa City. I had a real nice talk about important stuff with their minister over drinks in Minneapolis the first time I missed shows for church. I'd like to hear her preach. And I'm planning on taking the daughter, who really likes hanging out with my friend's daughter.
Plus, maybe you can meet that farmer from The Bachelor. And Iowan.
Only if it's raining. Sigh.

On a more positive note, the hot chick from American Pickers never misses a DBT show at Englert.

Clams

Post by Clams »

just had to look up AFAIK