Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

hendooman

Re: Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Post by hendooman »

Columbia and KC bought. GA seating in KC, all GA in Columbia

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

We're in for Kalamazoo, row A! We've never been to a show in Michigan, adding a new state to the list!

BB Coach

Post by BB Coach »

Thanks. I will keep my eye on it and probably pull the trigger soon.

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
BB Coach wrote:This should not sell out quickly should it? I am waiting on confirmation from other people to purchase.

I heard from my friend in Iowa City about this venue today.

(He used to run sound at The late lamented Chukker and he's a Doctor of Rock, so you can trust him more than you can trust me. If you don't believe that, ask me to ask him what he really thinks and I'll promise to tell you the real truth this time around.)

The seats are bolted in now, so it's pretty likely they won't be taken up. The aisle seats are better because the rows are a tiny bit tight. His tickets are ninth row, but I gather he picked for aisle seats through the Englert website. If so, you might be able to get an idea about sales by seeing what's left and thus how many.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Officially in for Minneapolis and Iowa City!

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Jack Flash wrote:
heartbreaker1976 wrote:Iowa City tix seem to be going pretty fast...I got row R.

Just got row P, 6 and 8. Closest I could get 2 together in the center.

We're row P as well. Seats 16 and 18.

BB Coach

Post by BB Coach »

IN for Iowa City. Row S, seats 2 and 4. Still thinking about Columbia.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

uncle rickey wrote:We're row P as well. Seats 16 and 18.

UR & CG in row P? Somebody take a picture.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:We're row P as well. Seats 16 and 18.

UR & CG in row P? Somebody take a picture.

Yeah. Like they'll actually ever sit in those seats.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

maxjkugel

Post by maxjkugel »

Two tickets purchased for the Boulder show. Pretty damned excited. I am wondering if it will be the 100% acoustic, or half and half version?

alquina

Post by alquina »

Help! Just to clarify, the Kalamazoo MI show on March 19th is or is not an add on to the Dirt Underneath shows? I'm so confused and have been told two different things. Anyone have a clue?

alquina

Post by alquina »

We're in for Columbia. Pretty damn excited!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but based on the last 2 DBT shows at the Englert, I wouldn't pay much attention to seat number. They both turned into straight up GA.

However, the time I saw Todd Snider and Hayes Carll there, people respected seating.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Iowan wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but based on the last 2 DBT shows at the Englert, I wouldn't pay much attention to seat number. They both turned into straight up GA.

However, the time I saw Todd Snider and Hayes Carll there, people respected seating.

I wondered about that. My friend in Iowa City, who was at the first TDU show there, thinks they'll leave the seats in this time around. He may have inside knowledge, as he's been doing occasional sound work and gigging up there and knows people. We have to talk tonight about my crazy fucked up friend, who is in ICU after going into septic shock, and who I might get out on these fucked up roads to go see because it sounds like he's worse than he's been in this long stretch of ill health. If I remember, I'll ask him. It'll be a small good distraction.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Iowan wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but based on the last 2 DBT shows at the Englert, I wouldn't pay much attention to seat number. They both turned into straight up GA.

I wondered about that. My friend in Iowa City, who was at the first TDU show there, thinks they'll leave the seats in this time around. He may have inside knowledge, as he's been doing occasional sound work and gigging up there and knows people. We have to talk tonight about my crazy fucked up friend, who is in ICU after going into septic shock, and who I might get out on these fucked up roads to go see because it sounds like he's worse than he's been in this long stretch of ill health. If I remember, I'll ask him. It'll be a small good distraction.

I have never seen the seats actually removed. It is a really old theater, so they probably don't remove them at all. The times Iowan was talking about, people just go stand by the stage. There is quite a bit of room between the stage and seats.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

PeterJ wrote:

I have never seen the seats actually removed. It is a really old theater, so they probably don't remove them at all. The times Iowan was talking about, people just go stand by the stage. There is quite a bit of room between the stage and seats.

Yup.

John, they never took the seats out for the previous shows. People just ignored the fact there were seats in the first place.

walthers

Post by walthers »

Hey UTHeathen. You making the trek to boulder for this? Any denver folks going? Our crew is up to four, just trying to get a roll call going. Maybe I should start a new thread but figured id just post it. I was not around for the original dirt underneath tour so I'm pretty excited for this.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I'll be there with 3-4 buddies (dudes, of course).
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

walthers wrote:Hey UTHeathen. You making the trek to boulder for this? Any denver folks going? Our crew is up to four, just trying to get a roll call going. Maybe I should start a new thread but figured id just post it. I was not around for the original dirt underneath tour so I'm pretty excited for this.
I wish. We had so much fun in Boulder last time. After the last year, (finally proposed, then four days later my wife's brother committed suicide, 8 months of home remodeling, wedding, two weeks in Europe on our honeymoon, then spending Valentine's Day in Athens with my buddy :o), my fun tickets are already spent. I'm still holding out hope for Red Rocks is August, but I really do need a Colorado junket sooner rather than later ;) . Pretty sure you guys will have plenty of fun without us.

Kevidently

Post by Kevidently »

I can't really do any of these, and I've been CLAMORING for a Dirt Underneath tour since I got in. Do you guys think there's any chance of a Northeast leg?

walthers

Post by walthers »

UTHeathen wrote:
walthers wrote:Hey UTHeathen. You making the trek to boulder for this? Any denver folks going? Our crew is up to four, just trying to get a roll call going. Maybe I should start a new thread but figured id just post it. I was not around for the original dirt underneath tour so I'm pretty excited for this.
I wish. We had so much fun in Boulder last time. After the last year, (finally proposed, then four days later my wife's brother committed suicide, 8 months of home remodeling, wedding, two weeks in Europe on our honeymoon, then spending Valentine's Day in Athens with my buddy :o), my fun tickets are already spent. I'm still holding out hope for Red Rocks is August, but I really do need a Colorado junket sooner rather than later ;) . Pretty sure you guys will have plenty of fun without us.

Oh wow, that sounds like one hell of a year. I just figured since they canceled the Park City show that you might be making the trip out. I am looking forward to this, seeing how it is a Sunday I may try to organize a preshow meet up for some beer and grub if anyone is interested. Stay tuned.

maxjkugel

Post by maxjkugel »

Oh wow, that sounds like one hell of a year. I just figured since they canceled the Park City show that you might be making the trip out. I am looking forward to this, seeing how it is a Sunday I may try to organize a preshow meet up for some beer and grub if anyone is interested. Stay tuned.
That place next to the Boulder Theater is alright, but small. We went there before Jason Isbell. Plenty of options on Pearl/Walnut.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

This place is right across the street (little park) from the Boulder Theater: http://bohemianbiergarten.com/

walthers

Post by walthers »

Gaetzi wrote:This place is right across the street (little park) from the Boulder Theater: http://bohemianbiergarten.com/
This place looks good to me. I have never been to Boulder so I assume the closer to the venue the better.

scotto

Post by scotto »

Who all's going to the Columbia, MO show? Anyone for a pre-show meetup?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

scotto wrote:Who all's going to the Columbia, MO show? Anyone for a pre-show meetup?
It's in my plans, and I know a cat who lives there I can ask for advice. He's got one of the greatest DBT stories I've ever heard, too. How great is it? I don't tell it because it's too good for me to risk fucking it up. That good.

(Plus it's his story, not mine.)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

alquina

Post by alquina »

scotto wrote:Who all's going to the Columbia, MO show? Anyone for a pre-show meetup?
We're going! Let me know if you come up with a plan, we'd love to meet up with everyone.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Just a couple of weeks out.. Psyched for the acoustic rock show!

Mike127

Post by Mike127 »

It's been almost 3 years since they played Cleveland. Come on, guys!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Mike127 wrote:It's been almost 3 years since they played Cleveland. Come on, guys!
2 1/2, but who's counting? ;)
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Bill in CT wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:There seems to be something wrong w/ the website. It keeps cutting off the tour in Iowa.

Depending on many factors, I'm currently eyeing:

KC
Minny
Iowa City
I'm also considering the Minnesota-Iowa duo. I've never been to First Avenue and can't make the California shows.
First ave is a great place to see a show. Decent price on beers and they have folks go through the crowd selling so you don't have to lose your spot. They often oversell, so it'll be packed. But worth it.

I caught DBT/Hold Steady there a few years back and easily ranked as one of my top 5 (well, maybe 10) show experiences.
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.