Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cole Younger

Re: Dirt Underneath Tour 2015

Post by Cole Younger »

sactochris wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:Man nary a Southern date on that list. I have to believe there will be more dates though. I would drive a ways for this.

I feel for you folks in the southeast seeing as you have so few chances to see the band perform live.

All I was saying was I have always hoped they would do this again since I missed the first one. And having a two year old makes traveling to one of these pretty much out of the question. Your sympathy is noted and appreciated though. I'll tell all the others.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

sactochris wrote:I'm torn. I want to see the Napa show, but I also really want to see Lydia Loveless at Bottom Of The Hill in San Francisco that night. I've never seen her before, and I like that room.

I will see her in Santa Cruz the next night at Moe's Alley.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Just got home from work and have row G in Monterey. I plan on waiting for the cheap seats in Napa.
Still contemplating Solana Beach and LA.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

drommel56 wrote:$65 for Napa tickets... counting down to noon... that's a little unusual, isn't it?
OK got in... geez you guys are fast, best I could get is 3rd row.
See yall there.

I got orchestra center...as far as I can tell, anyway....for $38/ticket. Maybe I screwed up, but it says row D.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

LBRod wrote:Just got home from work and have row G in Monterey. I plan on waiting for the cheap seats in Napa.
Still contemplating Solana Beach and LA.

Hey, I have row G for Monterey, too!

I can't make the SoCal shows, work conflict that I truly cannot miss if I want to keep my job (though it worked that time I had pneumonia....). I am contemplating Portland, though.

- bubba

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

one belt loop wrote:
drommel56 wrote:$65 for Napa tickets... counting down to noon... that's a little unusual, isn't it?
See yall there.

I got orchestra center...as far as I can tell, anyway....for $38/ticket. Maybe I screwed up, but it says row D.

Are you sure the $38 ticket is for Napa?
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

bovine knievel wrote:
one belt loop wrote:
See yall there.

Are you sure the $38 ticket is for Napa?

Funny you should mention that...just figured out I bought extra tix for Monterey. I sure hope some of you guys need those....

- bubba

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

Was just thinking that Record Store Day is the day before the Boulder show.

I'm going to wager that they play Twist & Shout in Denver again on Saturday afternoon.

EDIT: Nope...I guess they are in KC that night.

RMD

Post by RMD »

It is great they are doing this again. One of THE best DBT shows I ever caught was a DU show. Stephen's Talkhouse anyone? Shut Up & Get on The Plane opener. :D

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

May 01 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue

In...ish. Got the thumbs up from the wife to fly solo, just gotta decide if I really want to drive to the cities and back on a Friday night after a long work week... Goddamn, I sound old.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I'm not quite as excited about these as most of you. First of all there aren't any southeast dates yet so there's that. Secondly, I'm not a huge fan of the acoustic rock show. I've heard several TDU recordings and I enjoy them. But I personally prefer the balls to the wall RAWK show. With that being said if they bring the show here I'm 100% in.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

walthers wrote:Now that I am in Denver, I am in for the Boulder show. I know it is weird to just put it out there but I feel like I know many of you. Anyone traveling and needs a place to crash, my wife and I have a nice little house with an extra room if anyone is in need of a place. We do have an old lab and a cat but they are cool. I love this band and community. :D

Very nice of you Walthers
Always go to the show

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Got my IC tix yesterday. Was a great one there last time, and as of right now, it is the "closer" of the TDU shows.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

John Cash's Suitcase

Post by John Cash's Suitcase »

one belt loop wrote:Funny you should mention that...just figured out I bought extra tix for Monterey. I sure hope some of you guys need those....

I might be in a position to take that off your hands. Wife wants to do Napa, and I'd like to slide in Monterey as well. Have to see how this pans out. Of course, this means that it will be the blizzard of the century up here. It always snows and fucks up my travel plans for Trucker shows. But I got an Ace in the Hole! I just bought an AWD!

I'll keep you posted....
25 cents shy

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Hud wrote:Neff played pedal steel last time, right?

I'm sure he did though I can't say for sure which songs he played the steel on, what I can say for sure is that he did play a Baxendale 6 string acoustic, it was the same one that was raffled off as part of the nuci's space fundraiser about 3 or 4 homecomings ago.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

psychobillycadillac wrote:

I'm sure he did though I can't say for sure which songs he played the steel on, what I can say for sure is that he did play a Baxendale 6 string acoustic, it was the same one that was raffled off as part of the nuci's space fundraiser about 3 or 4 homecomings ago.

Yep, the same guitar that's sitting 3 feet from me this very minute :D .
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
psychobillycadillac wrote:

Yep, the same guitar that's sitting 3 feet from me this very minute :D .

That was my most coveted item in all of the nuci's space activities. You are a lucky man, but it seemed like poetic justice after your other one got wrecked.
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

PeterJ wrote:Got my IC tix yesterday. Was a great one there last time, and as of right now, it is the "closer" of the TDU shows.

Did you get them on the DBT site? Looks like they only have orchestra right and orchestra left tickets available, but looking at the seating chart those sections seem to be way off to the side. Thought I might wait until they go on sale on the theater website tomorrow in the hopes they'll have some orchestra center tix. Seems like they'll be a dollar fifty cheaper too.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

John Cash's Suitcase wrote:
one belt loop wrote:Funny you should mention that...just figured out I bought extra tix for Monterey. I sure hope some of you guys need those....

I might be in a position to take that off your hands. Wife wants to do Napa, and I'd like to slide in Monterey as well. Have to see how this pans out. Of course, this means that it will be the blizzard of the century up here. It always snows and fucks up my travel plans for Trucker shows. But I got an Ace in the Hole! I just bought an AWD!

I'll keep you posted....

Right now, it looks like there is just one extra, but let's keep in touch because you never know.

- bubba

John Cash's Suitcase

Post by John Cash's Suitcase »

one belt loop wrote:[
Right now, it looks like there is just one extra, but let's keep in touch because you never know.

Just one might do it. I might do a Rambo In Monterey and a Christmas Vacation in Napa. That might work out perfect..........
25 cents shy

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

one belt loop wrote:

I'll keep you posted....

Right now, it looks like there is just one extra, but let's keep in touch because you never do know.

Fixed that for you.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Jack Flash wrote:
PeterJ wrote:Got my IC tix yesterday. Was a great one there last time, and as of right now, it is the "closer" of the TDU shows.

Did you get them on the DBT site? Looks like they only have orchestra right and orchestra left tickets available, but looking at the seating chart those sections seem to be way off to the side. Thought I might wait until they go on sale on the theater website tomorrow in the hopes they'll have some orchestra center tix. Seems like they'll be a dollar fifty cheaper too.

I did get them through the DBT site. There is an aisle running right down the middle. I have never been on the balcony, but imagine those would be great seats. I am row F seats 9 and 11. Last time they did TDU there, I was all excited, I had 2nd row seats, thought it was gonna be all laid back and be able to sit the whole time. Turned into general admission as people went right up to the stage. Had to stand most of the show. I didn't mind, just was disappointed that I got my tix so early, and it really didn't matter. :evil:

I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

BB Coach

Post by BB Coach »

This should not sell out quickly should it? I am waiting on confirmation from other people to purchase.

PeterJ wrote:
Jack Flash wrote:

I did get them through the DBT site. There is an aisle running right down the middle. I have never been on the balcony, but imagine those would be great seats. I am row F seats 9 and 11. Last time they did TDU there, I was all excited, I had 2nd row seats, thought it was gonna be all laid back and be able to sit the whole time. Turned into general admission as people went right up to the stage. Had to stand most of the show. I didn't mind, just was disappointed that I got my tix so early, and it really didn't matter. :evil:

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

BB Coach wrote:This should not sell out quickly should it? I am waiting on confirmation from other people to purchase.

I heard from my friend in Iowa City about this venue today.

(He used to run sound at The late lamented Chukker and he's a Doctor of Rock, so you can trust him more than you can trust me. If you don't believe that, ask me to ask him what he really thinks and I'll promise to tell you the real truth this time around.)

The seats are bolted in now, so it's pretty likely they won't be taken up. The aisle seats are better because the rows are a tiny bit tight. His tickets are ninth row, but I gather he picked for aisle seats through the Englert website. If so, you might be able to get an idea about sales by seeing what's left and thus how many.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Had a cough syrup induced dream last night that I made the First Ave show. So it shall be.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Tix for Monterey on available from the Golden State Theater site,
Front row still had a few openings...
Just grabbed two in row A,
Get there now if you are still needing or looking to upgrade your seats.

I have two in Row C that I most likely won't need if any 3DD'ers want them...
PM me if interested.
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

heartbreaker1976

Post by heartbreaker1976 »

Iowa City tix seem to be going pretty fast...I got row R.

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

heartbreaker1976 wrote:Iowa City tix seem to be going pretty fast...I got row R.

Just got row P, 6 and 8. Closest I could get 2 together in the center.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

one belt loop wrote:[

Just one might do it. I might do a Rambo In Monterey and a Christmas Vacation in Napa. That might work out perfect..........

I'm looking at doing just the opposite, if I do in fact decide to make it to the Napa gig.
Keep calm and have a cigar

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Got my ticket for the LA show and the next day off at work. :D