Patterson and Ann Powers

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Jonicont
Site Admin

Patterson and Ann Powers

Post by Jonicont »

Patterson will be giving a talk with Ann Powers on Thursday Feb. 12 in the UGA Chapel at 4:00 PM

http://willson.uga.edu/event/ann-powers ... ive-lives/
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Re: Patterson and Ann Powers

Post by beantownbubba »

And here I thought they were just a little ole rock n roll band from the Shoals.

"This event is part of the Willson Center’s Global Georgia Initiative, which brings world class thinkers to Georgia. It presents global problems in local context by addressing pressing contemporary questions, including the economy, society, and the environment, with a focus on how the arts and humanities can intervene. Global Georgia combines the best contemporary thinking and practice in the arts and humanities with related advances in the sciences and other areas."
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

So I contacted them to see if you need to book and this is the answer I got back

Thanks for inquiring about Patterson and Ann's talk. There is no reserved seating, and the Chapel holds a little over 400 people. We'll open the doors at 3:15, about 45 minutes before the event. If you arrive a bit earlier than that, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a seat.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Clams

Post by Clams »

dogstar wrote:So I contacted them to see if you need to book and this is the answer I got back

Thanks for inquiring about Patterson and Ann's talk. There is no reserved seating, and the Chapel holds a little over 400 people. We'll open the doors at 3:15, about 45 minutes before the event. If you arrive a bit earlier than that, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a seat.

Dogstar, can you write back and ask if perhaps this event can be relocated to, say, the Flicker Bar?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:
dogstar wrote:So I contacted them to see if you need to book and this is the answer I got back

Dogstar, can you write back and ask if perhaps this event can be relocated to, say, the Flicker Bar?

Genius!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

Perfect timing for Homecoming. I always enjoy hearing Patterson interviewed and to read his written word. Patterson maybe has a couple short stories, a magazine article or two, a novel, or a great piece of non-fiction just waiting to be unleashed (an early 21st Century Yoknapatawpha County perhaps).

I wonder if the walls which hold up the Chapel at The University of Georgia can withstand the onslaught of this Group of Heathens descending on Athens from around the globe?

Around 4 PM will be border line as to when (post afternoon beers) serious cocktail hour begins, but will be well worth the wait.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Gonna do my best to make this talk. Hope to see some of yall there!
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)