Hogs for the Cause New Orleans March 27th

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Hogs for the Cause New Orleans March 27th

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

IN. Haven't heard many folks talk about this and yes it's a festival set but it's actually a benefit for pediatric brain cancer and both days of the fest look good. Good karma, DBT and did I mention New Orleans?? Word has it that our long missing comrade in arms Cotter is coming who else is in? Good times.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Howlinwolf

Re: Hogs for the Cause New Orleans March 27th

Post by Howlinwolf »

IN - look foward to seeing you TC & Beth. Cotter? wow...last time I saw him he jumped in the pool at the Days Inn-Athens one winter afternoon.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Short week and then this show! Cotter and lady arrive Thursday night and then on to the show Friday. Might be a while until our next one so looking forward to this!

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Save me a spot TC! - Bring a newbie so that is always fun to see someone get completely blown away by the power of DBT rock n roll.
Looking forward to this rock show since I had to miss the Tarrytown gig. Always sweet to see DBT outdoors...travel safe.

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

Anybody have a setlist or review for this show? Curious to know how it went.

Rick V

Post by Rick V »

I was at the rock show last night. Enjoyed it, solid performance. It's the fourth time I've seen DBT at an outdoor festival. For whatever reasons, they never seem to be at their very best at festivals - at least not nearly as good as they are in clubs. But it was certainly worth seeing last night. They ended with "Grand Canyon" which was epic. Was hoping to hear "Play It All Night Long" and thought they might play it since the fest benefits pediatric cancer victims and their families but alas they did not play it. In addition to "Grand Canyon", highlights for me were "Where The Devil Don't Go", "Pauline Hawkins", "Women Without Whiskey", "One Of These Days" and "Gravity's Gone".

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Hey y'all - like Rick V stated above, it was a good time last night in Nawlin's...Hanging on the rail with LMcQ & TC, just like old times in Cooleyville...weird setup w/ the rail/barriers but we rocked none the less....saw my man Cotter and met his great gf....great cause for the kids...here is the list:

ON: 9:00p cst

Shit Shouts
Lookout
Gravity’s
He's Gone
5-WOW
Pauline
Autumn
Spiders
Ghost
10-Goodes FR
Devil
Shinkhole
English O
Righteous P
15-One Of These Days
Grand Canyon

Off: 10:35p
Great to be back in the city beneath sea level again.....boy's did us right last night y'all...

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

It really was a fun show. Goodes Field Road, one Of These Days and some great takes on the EO material were highlights for me. Howling Wolf it was great to share the rail with you. Of course it was great to see my old pals Cotter and Jennifer again. Lurleen and I had a nice day showing them a small slice of New Orleans. Hats off to the festival itself which was well organized and for a great cause. Only regret is we couldn't stay today to sample all the great BBQ from the competitors.

Rick V

Post by Rick V »

One other thing definitely worth mentioning about the night:

Strand Of Oaks (great band) played the main stage in the slot before DBT. Right before the last song of their set, Strand Of Oaks front-man, Tim Showalter, said that he grew up listening to albums that meant everything to him and that DBT was a band who's albums he grew up loving. He admitted he was nervous as hell playing before DBT because those guys are total heroes of his.

During DBT's set I saw him watching the rock show and he was freakin' loving it.

Pretty cool to hear and see.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Rick V wrote:One other thing definitely worth mentioning about the night:

Strand Of Oaks (great band) played the main stage in the slot before DBT. Right before the last song of their set, Strand Of Oaks front-man, Tim Showalter, said that he grew up listening to albums that meant everything to him and that DBT was a band who's albums he grew up loving. He admitted he was nervous as hell playing before DBT because those guys are total heroes of his.

During DBT's set I saw him watching the rock show and he was freakin' loving it.

:D

Mr. Wolf, that setlist contains some fantastic typos :lol:

Leaving the "When" off "When He's Gone" sets up this potential trifecta: Gravity's Gone > He's Gone > a cover of She's Gone.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Dig it Rick V.. I caught that also - the whole band was in the shadows rocking out like the rest of us...TC as well as myself really liked then. City Park has some beautiful "Strands Of Oaks" scattered throughout..

Funny Btb - I had spellckeck on :o , that would be a nice trifecta - after Gravity's - the next song as "Gone", hence Gravity's Gone would not work out..Preach the correction brother.
Cooley rippin out that tune, got EVERYONE up

jh13

Post by jh13 »

Rick V wrote:One other thing definitely worth mentioning about the night:

Thanks for sharing this. Strand of Oaks album HEAL was my favorite album of 2014 and I've become a huge fan. I knew Tim had good musical taste, but this just adds to his coolness.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

WOOT!

TC and Lurleen rock! They make great hosts and tour guides of New Orleans! This yankee woulda been scammed out of some cash as I'm a sucker for the "I bet I can tell you where you got your shoes" challenge!

I feel honored that I was able to spend a night in the Will Johnson suite at their place. I wasn't worthy!

Show was great, short, but great. I noticed that Cooley is experimenting a bit on guitar at times (thumb slapping a 6 string while wah-wahing - Cooley? Really?).

It was cool to see Howlinwolf as well - his smile is second only to Matt's!

I have a confession though, that beach ball that zinged by TC's and Howlinwolf's head.....yeah, I tossed that. I'd blame the vodka, but it don't make me do a thing, it just lets me......Howlinwolf totally busted me, I must have a reputation or something.....;-)

I see one thing doesn't change and the token blotto'd guy stumbled his way up next to my GF and got a little frisky with the old lady. For the first time in 25 years, I had to politely put the smack down and send ol' drunkard McGee on a ride. I didn't really push him that hard, but got him off-balance and let his lack of coordination do the rest. His pal (who had about 3 inches and 150 lbs on me) was cool w/it as he saw what went down. I'm glad, cuz ol' Cotter would have NOT come out on the good side of that one!

All in all, I'm totally pissed I've taken a bit of a break from the live shows (money and life got in the way), but am looking forward to getting back on the horse and hopefully get a homecoming run in here in 2016....

Hammer!
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

The prodigal son returns
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cotter wrote: I noticed that Cooley is experimenting a bit on guitar at times (thumb slapping a 6 string while wah-wahing - Cooley? Really?).
I'm pretty sure he picked that up on Guitar Hero.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Jonicont wrote:The prodigal son returns
HA!

I swear I'm still paying off DBT shows I put on my CC back in '06!

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

beantownbubba wrote:
Cotter wrote: I noticed that Cooley is experimenting a bit on guitar at times (thumb slapping a 6 string while wah-wahing - Cooley? Really?).
I'm pretty sure he picked that up on Guitar Hero.
:o :shock: :evil: :twisted:

;)