Jay G at The Earl, 2/10

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

uncle rickey

Jay G at The Earl, 2/10

Post by uncle rickey »

Thought I'd pull this out from the Homecoming thread for organization's sake.

Important news for all you early arrivers: Jay Gonzalez is doing a full-band solo show in Atlanta at The Earl on Tuesday 2/10!

Details here: http://www.badearl.com/events/3327/The-Explorer-s-Club

Totally in for this! Maybe a bunch of us can convoy from Athens.

uncle rickey

Re: Jay G at The Earl, 2/10

Post by uncle rickey »

dogstar wrote:Might work for me although I don't land until 6pm so will be a bit of a rush, unless immigration at the airport has improved. It's going to be a long day.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

GW in IA wrote:Got to check flight times, but I might be in for Tues as well, then maybe hitch a ride on to Athens?

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

ScottyC wrote:With regards to the show at the earl or anything atlanta based (including the airport, I am thru there almost weekly) just let me know what I can do to help. Additionally the earl is our in stomping grounds so any information required about bars food parking etc just let me know and I will be happy to help.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

alquina wrote:We're getting closer, folks! I think we're going to try and hit Jay's show on Tuesday and then move on to Athens for AA.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:We should make Jay's show too making it 6 nights of music including AA in Wednesday and Will Johnson in Birmingham on the way home Sunday night.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Also heard that one belt loop, pa_heathen, and Tyler are in for this, with The Beacon and LornaR being a possibility as well.

CG and I will be starting our day in Athens, with the idea of heading out to Atlanta sometime mid-afternoon to have dinner at Fox Bros then head to the show. We'll probably be renting a minivan, so we can accommodate a handful of folks who'll already be in town by that point (as well as give a ride back for those arriving in ATL that night who want to head to the show).

I figure as the date approaches we can do a roll call here, figure out who's coming from where, how many cars we'll have, etc., so we can arrange transportation for the folks who need it.

pa_heathen

Post by pa_heathen »

Yes, we are in!
When the lights came up we all went home but never quite the same.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

As of now we're in for sure but I have to see a customer Tuesday afternoon in Conyers and then another Wednesday morning in Marietta. I think we'll probably either stay in Atlanta or stay on the outskirts of Athens Tuesday night for logistic reasons so I don't know that we'd be of any transportation help.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

In for this 100% for sure now....getting in Monday Evening so no worries about getting in to town on time Tues.

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:As of now we're in for sure but I have to see a customer Tuesday afternoon in Conyers and then another Wednesday morning in Marietta. I think we'll probably either stay in Atlanta or stay on the outskirts of Athens Tuesday night for logistic reasons so I don't know that we'd be of any transportation help.

TC, Do what you would like to do and as a salesman and a resident of Atlanta I would advise not staying in Athens on Tuesday night. The drive from Athens to Marietta will take at the minimum 2.5 hours on a Wednesday morning. The worst traffic in the city is the north end perimeter from 85 to 75 on 285. The ride from Conyers to the Earl will be easy or my suggestion (again not telling what to do just providing a little local experience) would be depending on what time the appointment ends on Tuesday would be to try to stay up near Marietta (actually around Cumberland Blvd if possible). This would have yall going against traffic the majority of the drive and would still be easy to get to L5P (Fox Bros) and the Earl without wanting to scream at every car in this city.

Either way do what yall decide just wanted to advise from experience.

I am planning on being there on Tuesday night as well!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

ScottyC wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:As of now we're in for sure but I have to see a customer Tuesday afternoon in Conyers and then another Wednesday morning in Marietta. I think we'll probably either stay in Atlanta or stay on the outskirts of Athens Tuesday night for logistic reasons so I don't know that we'd be of any transportation help.

TC, Do what you would like to do and as a salesman and a resident of Atlanta I would advise not staying in Athens on Tuesday night. The drive from Athens to Marietta will take at the minimum 2.5 hours on a Wednesday morning. The worst traffic in the city is the north end perimeter from 85 to 75 on 285. The ride from Conyers to the Earl will be easy or my suggestion (again not telling what to do just providing a little local experience) would be depending on what time the appointment ends on Tuesday would be to try to stay up near Marietta (actually around Cumberland Blvd if possible). This would have yall going against traffic the majority of the drive and would still be easy to get to L5P (Fox Bros) and the Earl without wanting to scream at every car in this city.

Either way do what yall decide just wanted to advise from experience.

I am planning on being there on Tuesday night as well!

Thanks for the tip Scott. I've actually flipped my appointments so that I'm meeting my customer from Marietta on Tuesday afternoon (actually meeting at the construction of his new factory in Alpharetta though) and my Conyers customer Wednesday morning. Unfortunately I might have to brave Atlanta traffic Thursday morning on an errand from my boss. Oh and yes, I spend have quite a few customers in GA and have experienced that traffic more times than I would like. Worst in my experience and I'm from Chicago.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

Bump for tomorrow. See yall tomorrow.