DBT's return to Park City March 21st!

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

UTHeathen

DBT's return to Park City March 21st!

Post by UTHeathen »

Holy smokes! Finally don't have to travel (more than 25 miles) for a DBT show! Rock Show #25 about 2 miles and 11 years removed from my first one at Club Suede in 2004. And free no less! One more reason to go on living. Thank you Flying Spaghetti Monster!

slcbeerfan

Re: DBT's return to Park City March 21st!

Post by slcbeerfan »

Holy shit. I just learned of this. I almost can't believe it.

This makes my 2015, concert wise. I know I will go many more concerts that year, but this is fucking awesome.

Thank you D.B.T

Zach

walthers

Post by walthers »

Any details about this show? It says it is free but am curious if this is part of a festival or what. Less than 8 hours from me and on a Saturday, might make it happen.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Pretty sure this will be like the other free concerts at the Canyons. It's outdoors in a kind of amphitheater area. They go on rain (or snow) or shine and they have had a ton of great bands play there over the last few years. It's byob and you can pretty much bring whatever the hell you want to. Not a festival, but more of a free perk that the Canyons shares with whomever wants to come up. Of course the weather is the wild card, but dress for the conditions and everything will be just fine.

walthers

Post by walthers »

That is the info I was looking for UTHeathen, thank you very much. I guess I will just see what the weather is like that week and make a decision then, I appreciate the help.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Hope to see you then walthers! You too Zach.

slcbeerfan

Post by slcbeerfan »

UTHeathen wrote:Pretty sure this will be like the other free concerts at the Canyons. It's outdoors in a kind of amphitheater area. They go on rain (or snow) or shine and they have had a ton of great bands play there over the last few years. It's byob and you can pretty much bring whatever the hell you want to. Not a festival, but more of a free perk that the Canyons shares with whomever wants to come up. Of course the weather is the wild card, but dress for the conditions and everything will be just fine.

Everything said above is accurate. This venue does a lot of concerts in the summer months. It will be interesting to see how this concert goes down, during a less than ideal time of year.

Regardless of the conditions, I will be there. I have withstood terrible conditions for Jason Isbell, Ryan Adams, and Bob Dylan etc..

I be there no matter what. Including that its my daughters 12th birthday. Already told the wife that the party is going to have to happen on another day.

"See you at the rock show"

Zach

walthers

Post by walthers »

Ok, this sounds great. I will keep you guys posted as it comes closer, I really appreciate the feedback.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Hoping they announce some CO dates around this gig.. Close 'enough' and they're playing NOLA a week or so later so not crazy to post up here on their way.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

walthers

Post by walthers »

I agree, I will take another Twist and Shout/Fillmore show for sure.

slcbeerfan

Post by slcbeerfan »

FYI

Drive By-Truckers concert time is from 3:00 to 5:00 PM. Makes sense for an outside show in March. It could be quite cold late at night.

No outside alcohol.

Here is the link with all the other information.

http://www.canyonsresort.com/events/event-detail.aspx?year=2015&month=3&eventview=calendarview&eventName=SpringGruv

Zach

John Cash's Suitcase

Post by John Cash's Suitcase »

I've been giving this real thought, but I'm a little worried about the long drive (8-10 hours or so) when anything Vail is involved. Its nice to see they have allowed a two-hour slot. I could easily see Vail saying, "Okay, boys! You go on at 3 sharp, right after the Donny Osmond Tribute and you gotta be off the stage by 4 for the "Up With People" show. No booze on stage and keep the songs about dirty business in the tour bus!". On sale will be $12 pints of Utah Sailboat Sex Beer (fucking close to water) and $35 hamburgers. I've had a "relationship" with Vail for a long time now, and if anybody can kill a good time, its them.

Or it could be totally rockin'. That's real close to Patterson's birthday, isn't it? Knock out a few days skiing as well.

C'mon, people! Talk me into it!
25 cents shy

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

John Cash's Suitcase wrote:C'mon, people! Talk me into it!

You probably don't want to drive all the way out here for a rock show. Utah is a fucked up state. Probably won't be any snow by that time. The beer sucks. All those awards (http://upr.org/post/utah-breweries-compete-and-win-national-competition) won by local brewers at the Great American Beer Festival are fakes! Plus, the Mormons will probably hold you hostage until you convert. They make you have an opening prayer for everything. Even the rock show. And if you only have one wife, they will make you take another before you can leave. Plus you have to recant anything unflattering you might have ever said about Mitt Romney. And that Aspen wannabe Park City? I know Aspen, and Park City, you are no Aspen. Steamboat Springs maybe, but Aspen? Hell no! Even a free show by the Greatest Rock Band on the Planet isn't enough to have to endure the indignity of a few hours in Utah, where Jello, Prozac and denial are royalty, and the state motto is "Welcome to Utah! Turn your clock back twenty years."

However, if you can get past those unsightly blemishes, you might just enjoy yourself. There are a ton of DBT fans here who have been jonesing for the rock show for five years now. And you never know, we just might have another wet March and the spring skiing could be epic. If you do decide to come out for the show, I'll happily share from the flask that just might mysteriously make it past those Vail bastards. Hey, if I can endure Boulder, Steamboat and Denver for my last four rock shows, you can probably have a good time in Utah for an afternoon. We'll make damn sure of it.

John Cash's Suitcase

Do I get to pick the wife, or will she be "assigned" to me?
25 cents shy

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

John Cash's Suitcase wrote:Do I get to pick the wife, or will she be "assigned" to me?

I think it depends on how much tithing you pay.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

I guess Eric fucking Church wins out over the first Utah show in five fucking years. Eric Church can kiss my fucking ass.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Wow, that sucks.. Since my ski pass now works at the Canyons (and Park City) and I have friends in SLC, I was actually hoping to make this happen. Glad I didn't run it by the Mrs yet.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

John Cash's Suitcase

Gaetzi wrote:Wow, that sucks.. Since my ski pass now works at the Canyons (and Park City) and I have friends in SLC, I was actually hoping to make this happen. Glad I didn't run it by the Mrs yet.

Yeah, my pass is good there, too. I ran it by the Mrs. and she was all for getting my ass out of the house for a while. I was gonna ski a couple days then catch the show as kind of a birthday present to myself.

I guess that's that. :cry:
25 cents shy

walthers

Post by walthers »

Well, that blows. So much for making the trip out.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

I was really looking forward to the show and meeting you fellers. Oh well. Hopefully they'll make it up to us soon. (not holding my breath)
At least we'll always have Athens.