DBTs at Cat's Cradle 1.31.15

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

DBTs at Cat's Cradle 1.31.15

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Tix on sale Friday at 10 am. Here's the link.

brett27295

Re: DBTs at Cat's Cradle 1.31.15

Post by brett27295 »

Almost a hometown show...IN
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Tickets are actually onsale now on the band site.

Kudzu Guillotine

Fly Golden Eagle is listed as the opening act on the Cradle's website (description below). Anyone familiar with them?

Fly Golden Eagle has been going strong for over 5 years. Starting with Ben Trimble first playing shows solo with a boombox and tape-recordings, it has since evolved into a full-fledged band that has released 3 albums and an EP. Richard Harper, Mitch Jones and Matt Shaw flesh out the foursome.

They've traveled the Silk Highway to help in The Resistance of the Propagators of the Pinkest Floss, as well as the nation of Canada, where the people love their music, but the Government does not. Their songs are meant to be titillating, multilateral, and other fun, vintage buzz words. Fly Golden Eagle sincerely tries to find it's place in the cosmos and the sentient beings on earth. They are greedy for the big synthesis and are highly listenable.

Fly Golden Eagle is currently touting their latest, psych-funk release, "Swagger", wherever they go and are done with their follow-up, "Quartz", to be released soon. In the past year the band has toured with Alabama Shakes, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Dr Dog, Arctic Monkeys, Clear Plastic Masks and Chrome Pony. See them outside and in the sun.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

They're fun. Seen 'em a couple of times as opening act. Sort of spacey in a Steppenwolf'y kinda way.

Dean

Post by Dean »

yep, saw them open for J Roddy and the Biz at the Lincoln a few months ago. Definitely worth getting there early.

Kudzu Guillotine

Thanks, y'all. I'll give 'em a listen.

Anyone have an inkling as to whether this show will be one of the acoustic ones Patterson has hinted at for 2015? Would be cool, it's been far too long since I last saw them do an acoustic set.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:Thanks, y'all. I'll give 'em a listen.

Anyone have an inkling as to whether this show will be one of the acoustic ones Patterson has hinted at for 2015? Would be cool, it's been far too long since I last saw them do an acoustic set.

No inside info but I'm pretty sure that the acoustic show will be a tour geared in that direction (whether it's all acoustic or one acoustic, one electric set) and i don't think that will happen until after homecoming. So I don't think that they'll be doing a one off acoustic show before homecoming but who knows, if enough people express interested...
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Kudzu Guillotine

Just curious. The last time I saw them do a full on acoustic show was at Pine Hill Farm in Durham in 2002. Almost every acoustic show I've seen since is measured against the first concert I saw them do at Pine Hill Farm in 2001. I'd love it if they were to do an acoustic and electric set as that way we get the best of both worlds though I'm sure I'll be content no matter what they do.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote: I'd love it if they were to do an acoustic and electric set as that way we get the best of both worlds though I'm sure I'll be content no matter what they do.

They did those a few times during the TDU tour. The Asheville show on that tour ended up being almost half and half. Not sure if on planned that way. But I think that show was more of a one off and not actually on the first or second leg of the TDU tour.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I'd love it if they were to do an acoustic and electric set as that way we get the best of both worlds though I'm sure I'll be content no matter what they do.

I'd love it if they opened up with Lookout Mountain and then kicked us in the teeth for 2.5 hours. I prefer the RAWK in the Rawk Show myself.

Kudzu Guillotine

brett27295 wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I'd love it if they were to do an acoustic and electric set as that way we get the best of both worlds though I'm sure I'll be content no matter what they do.

I'd love it if they opened up with Lookout Mountain and then kicked us in the teeth for 2.5 hours. I prefer the RAWK in the Rawk Show myself.

As do I but considering it's been so long since I last saw them do an acoustic show, I wouldn't mind if they did both. I'd also be content if the show was all acoustic. It's been far too long since Pine Hill Farm, 2001.

Hud

Post by Hud »

Can anyone recommend accommodations and beer joints? Been many years since I've been to Chapel Hill, my only time at cats cradle was Boss Hog (Jon spencer and wife's) in the 95 or 96 I think.
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

Kudzu Guillotine

Hud wrote:Can anyone recommend accommodations and beer joints? Been many years since I've been to Chapel Hill, my only time at cats cradle was Boss Hog (Jon spencer and wife's) in the 95 or 96 I think.

Not sure of prices but there's now an Aloft Hotel adjacent to the Cradle:
http://www.aloftchapelhill.com/

Across the street is Milltown that has beer and bar food. There's also a wing place next to Milltown. Further down Main Street is Southern Rail, Tyler's Taproom, Orange County Social Club, Carr Mill (which includes a pizza joint as well as Elmo's Diner), Armadillo Grill, etc.

Dean

Post by Dean »

it's a hampton inn that's immediately adjacent to the cradle. Prices are around 200 per night. There is a hickory grill at the hotel. Also, the entrance to the cradle is now in the rear. This is somewhat new, maybe a year, year and a half

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels ... index.html

Kudzu Guillotine

For grub, I also recommend Carrburritos which is within walking distance of the Cradle. It's also conveniently located right next to Vinyl Perk, a coffee shop that sells vinyl or a vinyl shop that serves coffee, however you choose to look at it.

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

In for Cat's Cradle show. This is our consolation prize since we are missing Homecoming this year.
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Cat's Cradle just posted on Facebook that the show is sold out.

BB Coach

Post by BB Coach »

Any chance of a live stream on this one? Looking for a saturday night activity and no better way than a few beverages and a live show! :D

09Gamecock

Post by 09Gamecock »

Screwed around a bit on this, just hopped on their website to buy tickets, and I see that they're indeed sold out. Does anybody have extras available? Long time DBT fan. I'm sure I can work something out, but always nice to some tickets lined up before I head over to Carrboro. Thanks!

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

My sister messed around and didn't get tickets so we need two more also. My knee hurts anyway so maybe I can get Matador to let me sit on a pretty road case.
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

Hud

Post by Hud »

brett27295 wrote:Cat's Cradle just posted on Facebook that the show is sold out.

Can you believe it took that long to sell out the most kick ass band on earth?

That being said, I got a bud that needs a ticket. I warned him...

Please pm if you have extra,,he has never heard of the internet :shock:

mclain13

Post by mclain13 »

I'm another one who didn't get a chance to snag a ticket for tonight.
If anyone has a spare for face and some beer PM me please.
...like a lost bound train, runnin' on cocaine and out of control.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Sorry some of you guys didn't get a ticket. With that being said I'm glad DBT are starting to sell out some of these venues again. I was getting a little tired of bands that have opened for DBT or other bands selling out these venues (sometimes for multiple nights) and DBT still having tickets available at the door. Don't get me wrong, I want every band to have success....but I want DBT to have the most lol.

Hud

Post by Hud »

brett27295 wrote:Sorry some of you guys didn't get a ticket. With that being said I'm glad DBT are starting to sell out some of these venues again. I was getting a little tired of bands that have opened for DBT or other bands selling out these venues (sometimes for multiple nights) and DBT still having tickets available at the door. Don't get me wrong, I want every band to have success....but I want DBT to have the most lol.

X2! I never wait to buy my tickets which means I have bought a few tickets to shows I couldn't attend. I'm sure I'm the only one here that has done that.

Time to gas her up and get behind the wheel.......and find the heart of Saturday night!

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Main set 2 hours. Best version of Hell No ever. Sandwiches early in set. Getting the fuck after it tonight. Woe!

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

Epic show....

Ppotm
Shit
Sandwiches
Gravity
Henry
Natural
Cop
Better in a song
Something got to give
Devil
Sink hole
EO
Righteous
Ghost
Hawkins
BB
Smoke
Primer coat
Spiders
Zip
Hell no
Encore:
Autumn
LTBR
Merry me
Ain't talking bout love
Git yo ass on the plane
Grand Canyon
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Out of the 21 shows we've seen tonight was easily top 5. They are really firing on all cylinders right now. Can't freakin' wait for Athens!!!

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Ain't talking about love! :ugeek:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Kudzu Guillotine

Hope someone was rollin' tape, I never took notice. I filmed this 'un though.