Todays news letter email

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

psychobillycadillac

Todays news letter email

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Forgive me if this is not a kosher thing to post and if so then Mods feel free to delete, however I noticed this line in the newsletter email from today...

After next weekend, the Rock Show will be a little bit more scarce for a while as we're planning on doing some different things for a while next year. DON'T MISS!!!

Can someone fill me in on what Patterson means by "different things"? Is the band going to take a break similar to the one prior to recording English Oceans or are they just pulling back and not planning on touring as much as a band?

Vincent

Re: Todays news letter email

Post by Vincent »

Never saw this color scheme in PH's email. Pretty cool.

Mere speculation, but "different things" sounds good to me. What different things has the band done in the past?
Dave

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Vincent wrote:Image

Never saw this color scheme in PH's email. Pretty cool.

It's the artwork for the deluxe edition of English Oceans that's coming out next week.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Total guesswork on my part, but I took "different things" to mean more solo things and perhaps in Patterson's case more writing things (i.e. prose) or movie things.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

The other big news....finally a new live album!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Can someone post the email?
If you don't run you rust

wooswiff

Post by wooswiff »

Y'all,
Guess 2014 is in the homestretch now and it's been a good one overall in DBT World.
Thanks again to all who have come out to shows, bought our records and otherwise supported our band this year. We've had a pretty amazing time and we're gearing up to end it with quite the bang.

Next week we are traveling to San Francisco to play a three night stand at The Fillmore.
One of the world's most amazing venues in one of the world's most beautiful cities. We are beyond psyched to end our year of touring there. All three nights will be opened by the unbelievably great Sturgill Simpson. His album is one of the best of the year and we're beyond honored to have him sharing our bill that weekend. Tickets are moving fast and it's gonna sell out so don't get left behind.

We are planning quite the blowout for these last shows of the year. David Barbe is flying out with his super-talented son Henry to record the proceedings for that long awaited DBT Live Album we've been wanting to do for 14 years now. We've been prepping and planning for months and the time is at hand.

After next weekend, the Rock Show will be a little bit more scarce for a while as we're planning on doing some different things for a while next year. DON'T MISS!!!

IN OTHER NEWS:

Pre-orders are up now for the English Oceans - Deluxe Edition which features the acclaimed most recent album plus the DVD of Black Ice Verite', our live performance of the album back in February when it snowed and the whole state shut down, except for us, because we're crazy. It also includes a bonus disc with 3 acoustic performances from the Bonnaroo Hay Bale Session and 5 tracks recorded at The Fabulous 40 Watt Club last Valentines Day Weekend.

For vinyl aficionados, we have Black Ice Verite' including the vinyl version of the Live 8 song collection and the DVD of the Live Performance.

If you order these through the DBT Store by Nov. 17, you will automatically be entered to win one of two autographed test pressings of Black Ice Verite' Live 8 song collection.

Most of you have probably heard about the massive Nuçi's Space fund drive going on revolving around the Reconstruction of the Steeple. It's a an Indiegogo fund drive that will renovate the beloved (and endangered) R.E.M. Steeple and provide funds for Nuçi's Space and their many life changing and life saving services. READ MORE HERE!

Killers and Stars was my first solo album. I recorded it in early 2001 and it was released on CD back in the summer of 2004 but until now has never been available on vinyl. That has finally changed as New West Records released it on vinyl with new liner notes on Nov. 4. It's a rather lo-fi recording but the vinyl version really does sound so much warmer and better and I'm really proud to finally have it out. Ill be selling it at my upcoming solo shows.

In December, Cooley and I will both be hitting the road playing some solo dates. Neither of us have played many solo shows this year and it will be a pleasure to go out and play some intimate shows, play some songs and tell some stories. We hope we see you there.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and See You at The Rock Show!
Patterson Hood
Drive-By Truckers
Sneaked up them stairs

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

Y'all.
Guess 2014 is in the homestretch now and it's been a good one overall in DBT World.
Thanks again to all who have come out to shows, bought our records and otherwise supported our band this year. We've had a pretty amazing time and we're gearing up to end it with quite the bang.

Next week we are traveling to San Francisco to play a three night stand at The Fillmore.

One of the world's most amazing venues in one of the world's most beautiful cities. We are beyond psyched to end our year of touring there. All three nights will be opened by the unbelievably great Sturgill Simpson . His album is one of the best of the year and we're beyond honored to have him sharing our bill that weekend.

Tickets are moving fast and it's gonna sell out so don't get left behind.

http://www.livenation.com/artists/42842 ... -truckers#

We are planning quite the blowout for these last shows of the year. David Barbe is flying out with his super-talented son Henry to record the proceedings for that long awaited DBT Live Album we've been wanting to do for 14 years now. We've been prepping and planning for months and the time is at hand.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Pre-orders are up now for the English Oceans - Deluxe Edition which features the acclaimed most recent album plus the DVD of Black Ice Verite', our live performance of the album back in February when it snowed and the whole state shut down, except for us, because we're crazy. It also includes a bonus disc with 3 acoustic performances from the Bonnaroo Hay Bale Session and 5 tracks recorded at The Fabulous 40 Watt Club last Valentines Day Weekend.

For vinyl aficionados, we have Black Ice Verite' including the vinyl version of the Live 8 song collection and the DVD of the Live Performance.

http://drivebytruckers.shop.musictoday. ... =407_67301

If you order these through the DBT Store by Nov. 17, you will automatically be entered to win one of two autographed test pressings of Black Ice Verite' Live 8 song collection.

Most of you have probably heard about the massive Nuçi's Space fund drive going on revolving around the Reconstruction of the Steeple. It's a an Indiegogo fund drive that will renovate the beloved (and endangered) R.E.M. Steeple and provide funds for Nuçi's Space and their many life changing and life saving services.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reco ... steeple--2

Killers and Stars was my first solo album. I recorded it in early 2001 and it was released on CD back in the summer of 2004 but until now has never been available on vinyl. That has finally changed as New West Records released it on vinyl with new liner notes on Nov. 4. It's a rather lo-fi recording but the vinyl version really does sound so much warmer and better and I'm really proud to finally have it out. Ill be selling it at my upcoming solo shows.

In December, Cooley and I will both be hitting the road playing some solo dates. Neither of us have played many solo shows this year and it will be a pleasure to go out and play some intimate shows, play some songs and tell some stories. We hope we see you there.

http://www.drivebytruckers.com/shows.html

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and See You at The Rock Show!

Patterson Hood
Drive-By Truckers

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

^
8-)
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

Acoustic shows?
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

New songs!
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

gepman

Post by gepman »

So, a live CD...
Figure a 2 disc set? Therefore, 20-24 songs at the most...?
Sorry, that isn't enough for me.

How about they release the above mentioned 2 disc set for "general consumption", BUT, also offer all three shows in their entirety for direct download, FLAC (hi res), etc... Please feel free to forward this "terrific" idea onto the band (3DD Admins, I'm talking to you...) ;)