DBT at Floydfest 2015

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

DBT at Floydfest 2015

Post by Beaverdam »

So Floydfest sent an e-mail to past ticket holders with clues regarding the artists for 2015. The clues were embedded in a couple of sentences, but part talked about building something with Bulldozers and Dirt. I wonder to whom that clue was referring????

Seriously, this makes me think DBT is playing Floydfest this coming summer. DBT played here several years ago; I wasn't there that year but was there the year Jason Isbell played. Floydfest is a great festival. My friends always do the VIP treatment there, and it is phenomenal. All beverages are included, and there are lots of good breweries. All meals are also included, and the food is good. The VIP's eat in the same place as the artists. If the artists choose to camp, they do alongside the VIP's.

With that said, I don't think I can swing a VIP ticket this year, but your best bet is to buy soon and in pairs before the price increases (not sure when our annual beach trip will be but it's always in July and with the birth of our daughter my wife is working part-time and a VIP price isn't that easy to swing--I may end up going up for the day if not at the beach). Oh, VIP's also get to sit on stage when the artists play which is another aspect which just puts the Floydfest VIP experience over the top. Buy a ticket if you can!

Flea

Re: DBT at Floydfest 2015

Post by Flea »

High Roller All Access Passes $775 each??? Cooley would pretty much have to blow me onstage for that.

https://tix.extremetix.com/Online/?siteID=1300&MemberID=fire&eventID=57235
Now it's dark.

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Flea wrote:High Roller All Access Passes $775 each??? Cooley would pretty much have to blow me onstage for that.

If there is a "Post of the Year" award this one merits consideration.
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:High Roller All Access Passes $775 each??? Cooley would pretty much have to blow me onstage for that.

Exhibitionist. I myself would go for the backstage or tour bus bj.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:

:lol:

Y'all just gave me my first belly laugh since Tuesday. Thanks for that.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beergut

Post by beergut »

beantownbubba wrote:

It's where the heart is.
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Not trying to be a diva here (Cortez, this is for you sir!) but I have noticed my posts get the Genesis treatment, as in No Reply At All.

I am certain this is due my online personality and no fault of anyone on this board, but I was curious about something. At what point do you just say fuck him I will either not respond to his posts or place him on ignore? I think my latest posts have tried to facilitate conversation but you never know.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

OkieinTexas wrote:Not trying to be a diva here (Cortez, this is for you sir!) but I have noticed my posts get the Genesis treatment, as in No Reply At All.

I am certain this is due my online personality and no fault of anyone on this board, but I was curious about something. At what point do you just say fuck him I will either not respond to his posts or place him on ignore? I think my latest posts have tried to facilitate conversation but you never know.

I'm kinda confused about which post this is in reference to
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

OkieinTexas wrote:Not trying to be a diva here (Cortez, this is for you sir!) but I have noticed my posts get the Genesis treatment, as in No Reply At All.

You've been a member here for years and you contribute to the conversation. To the best of my knowledge no one ignores you. You made a post about Flea's comment several people echoed, in my experience that's usually what folks do here as opposed to commenting on a comment. You're all good Okie, we like you.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

True facts; The vast majority of posts are not directly responded to. If you were considered to be an asshole or if your posts were considered assholic you'd get more responses than you'd ever care to read.

In the words of Lebron as quoted by cortez, RELAX.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:

True facts; The vast majority of posts are not directly responded to. If you were considered to be an asshole or if your posts were considered assholic you'd get more responses than you'd ever care to read.

I have a response for this, but I'm gonna ignore Bubba instead.
Now it's dark.

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

beantownbubba wrote:

All on this board await your every post! Easy for you to say! :D

However, I agree with the sentiment, and it was well explained. I guess my posts are probably considered psychoholic or substanholic.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Wow! This discussion got interesting. My wife laid down the law and said no oral encounters with anyone regardless possible band affiliation (see earlier in the discussion)!

Yes, the VIP price is expensive, but I think it is easier to stomach when the included alcohol and catered meals included in the VIP price are considered. I know at previous festivals, I've chipped in with a group, but food and drinks can get quite expensive (whether taking your own or buying from vendors). Maybe we eat too much and drink too well; I'm not sure.

Regardless, the stars aligned and I'll be going to Floydfest, and I'm pretty excited.

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

I've never been but I saw them listed for it and it's just 3 hours from Raleigh so I think I will try to go on a day pass. They haven't posted the schedule yet, as of a few days ago, so it's not confirmed yet what day they play on. I too looked over the VIP package. I think the food and drinks would help make the sticker-shock easier. But I wonder if they plan on playing bartender to functional alcoholics. Cause, I'd sure get my money's worth...
"You can take a boy out of the country, but ya can't take the country out of the boy..."

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

I'll take that back - wasn't posted last week but is now. They play 6:15 - 7:30 on Saturday. Looks like whatserface and the Nocturnals got top billing. http://lineup.floydfest.com/events/2015/07/25/
"You can take a boy out of the country, but ya can't take the country out of the boy..."

Hud

Post by Hud »

Wicked wrote:I'll take that back - wasn't posted last week but is now. They play 6:15 - 7:30 on Saturday. Looks like whatserface and the Nocturnals got top billing. http://lineup.floydfest.com/events/2015/07/25/

Not a bad slot if you are going on a day pass. Though I hate these 1:15 slots, not near long enough. There will be many empty seats which you can sit in until the owner returns, which they may not if watching bands at another stage.

Also, The line for bus/parking lot can be long and slow after headliner. The vip would be great if you can afford it. It's a fun, friendly, kid friendly festival. Venders have really good food. Drinking only in the beer gardens, there are many and I know at least one has a band playing most of the time.

Note to band- bring your best sunglasses, 'that evening sun' will be in your eyes.
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I know it wouldn't work well at a festival when the band has an opportunity to indoctrinate the masses, but I'd love it if I could get a "Dirt Underneath" style show out of this since none of the DU shows appear to be anywhere close to me!

On another note, I am from Appomattox, VA (relatively close to Floyd), and our town is commemorating the Civil War's sesquicentennial in a few months. I was thinking the other day, what if Patterson took the stage in my sleepy little town and taught a lesson on "the duality of the Southern thing"! I bet a lot of eyebrows would raise!

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Anyone get a setlist for this? Haven't seen one (or a recording, for that matter), surface.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

I really gotta get to this fest someday. That said, it's always FloydFest wherever I may be :lol:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

Here is a rough setlist (not in order and perhaps missing or adding one or two songs)..Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.....It was a nice afternoon, a rain shower had just passed by and the sun had popped back out.

Lookout Mtn (opener), WWW, Birthday Boy, Two Daughters & a Beautiful Wife, Gravity's Gone, Pauline Hawkins, Made up English Oceans, The Living Bubba, Hell No I ain't Happy, Ghost to Most, Girls who Smoke, Zip City, Grand Canyon (closer)

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg7DKjRjpl0

If the link above works (or search youtube for "FloydFest 2015: Official Recap"), it has a nice little video re-cap of Floydfest 2015.

Keep a close eye out for Cooley and Jay in the video

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Do we know the guy at 1:43? Apologies if it's obvious.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

ramonz wrote:Do we know the guy at 1:43? Apologies if it's obvious.
That's "The Dude" Lebowski.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

That video has nice production value. I would assume the editor(s) are DBT fans cause they got a lot of face time.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life