George's, Fayetteville, AR, Tuesday, October 28th

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

George's, Fayetteville, AR, Tuesday, October 28th

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Funny how these things work out. My dental appointment for the Monday after this date got moved to the Wednesday after instead. This is a little better for work and a little better generally. It's not my favorite venue. That's probably just me looking back on my wasted youth and wishing I'd thought to waste a little more of it.

So who else will be at George's Majestic Theater, out back in George's Majestic Beer Bunker? I think I can guarantee something unusual and fun happening. I doubt I can make the UFOs appear behind the stage any more, though.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

Re: George's, Fayetteville, AR, Tuesday, October 28th

Short countdown, as is appropriate. If you see me there, ask me about the UFOs and why they don't rise from behind the stage any more.

As for the number, well, there's only one Nina Hagen, right?

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

Ms. Pork and I are there. Can't wait !
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time.

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

Hey John A.,
Can you tell me what to expect from Georges,never been.Main thing I'm wondering about is the garden thing.Since I saw you at the RevRoom last,my wife has had heart bypass surgery in August.I reserved a table so she wouldn't have to worry about standing for a few hours and I now wonder if the table is going to work since the show is in the "garden". Thanks for any info,hope to see you there!

John A Arkansawyer

porkulator wrote:Hey John A.,
Can you tell me what to expect from Georges,never been.Main thing I'm wondering about is the garden thing.Since I saw you at the RevRoom last,my wife has had heart bypass surgery in August.I reserved a table so she wouldn't have to worry about standing for a few hours and I now wonder if the table is going to work since the show is in the "garden". Thanks for any info,hope to see you there!

I don't think you'll have any trouble. The beer garden of old, some picnic-type tables, a wooden fence, and a tree right in front of the stage, is no more. It is now George's Beer Bunker. It's got two levels of seating and a big old stage. I'm guessing you've got a table somewhere near the front, probably on an upper level. That's a few steps up, not much.

It now appears I will be working till very close to five o'clock, so I'll be getting there late.

In other news, goddam it.

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

Jobs, sheesh! I shoulda been born rich instead of... Thank you kind sir,for the info!

John A Arkansawyer

Countdown reaches zero, so let me present my favorite Birthday Boy, Harry Nilsson:

I am ready to touch down at the ROCK SHOW!

John A Arkansawyer

Well, the dumb bastard who is also my best friend and a fine soul will not be at the show tonight. He's getting the foot taken off today at 2:30. I'm told they're taking it off up into the calf, which pisses him off big time, and which he's probably made unavoidable by every other bad decision he's made about his feet and his health in general. Not that's it's all been him, of course, but he and Zevon have made a lot of questionable tactical decisions over the years. I'm afraid his are catching up to him. Oh, and the next court date is Thursday.

I don't think I can risk running enough red lights in his honor to seem sincere, so I'm going to the ROCK SHOW instead.

John A Arkansawyer

I think last night was the best pure musical performance I've seen by the band. The stage is small and cramped and must be difficult to move much on, so they were a little more restrained motion-wise. It wasn't a spectacle--and I love me a good spectacle--just an extremely solid show. Here's the set list. It's pretty good:

Daddy Played Poker
The Distance
Gravity's Gone
The Southern Thing
Made Up English Oceans
Daddy Needs A Drink
Get Downtown
Feb. 14
Till He's Dead or Rises
Pauline Hawkins (it was right in the coda I realized what a beautiful performance this was)
Space City
Box of Spiders
Women Without Whiskey
When Walter Went Crazy
Natural light
Sinkhole
Three Dimes Down
Hell No, I Ain't Happy

Encore:

Shit Shots Count
Let There Be Rock (dedicated to the Allman Brothers on the night of their last show!)
Zip City
Grand Canyon (the best, and maybe longest, version, I've heard. This just soared)

Clams

Post by Clams »

Since when is a foot amputation a valid excuse to miss a rock show? And it wan't even scheduled until the day after the show? Sheesh...
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

John A Arkansawyer

Clams wrote:Since when is a foot amputation a valid excuse to miss a rock show? And it wan't even scheduled until the day after the show? Sheesh...

They actually took the foot off yesterday, but he was conscious and shit within an hour of waking up, so your point is entirely valid.

The night my daughter was born, X was playing Atlanta. My ex-wife is supposedly a fan, but she couldn't put off childbirth long enough to go to the show. Of course, she'd seen them before and I hadn't, so draw your own conclusions. I date the breakup of my marriage to this incredibly inconsiderate occurrence.

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Clams wrote:Since when is a foot amputation a valid excuse to miss a rock show? And it wan't even scheduled until the day after the show? Sheesh...

They actually took the foot off yesterday, but he was conscious and shit within an hour of waking up, so your point is entirely valid.

Despite the amputation, you could dance to a rock 'n' roll station and it was all right...
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

allisonsdc wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:

Despite the amputation, you could dance to a rock 'n' roll station and it was all right...

:D
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:
allisonsdc wrote:

John A Arkansawyer wrote:They actually took the foot off yesterday, but he was conscious and shit within an hour of waking up, so your point is entirely valid.

:D

Aw, you guys really know how to cheer me up! I appreciate it and, in return, I'd like to give you something very precious and useful. It's possible having it to hand at the right moment might change your life drastically for the better:

John A Arkansawyer

It really was a great performance of Grand Canyon: