Bethlehem

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bethandjoe

Bethlehem

Post by bethandjoe »

Can't wait for the show, especially after reading the Philly thread this morning. It is a small venue around 500 capacity. Real close to home and best of all it is my oldest son's first Rawk Show. Hope to see some of you there.

emandrisdad

Re: Bethlehem

Post by emandrisdad »

I'll be there. Any ideas for a pregame spot?

Clams

Post by Clams »

In.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

pa_heathen

Post by pa_heathen »

In.
When the lights came up we all went home but never quite the same.

phungi

Post by phungi »

Heading up with Clams, so "In"

The closest spot is the Steel Pub, about a block away, and they have a very nice beer and bar menu.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

Works for me.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

In.

Also have an extra ticket.
Dave

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Don't think I'll be able to make this one. Damn work. But, saw the Hold Steady along with Perling Hiss at this place a few years ago. Interesting place

cheddar

Post by cheddar »

I'm thinking of making a run but I'd be cutting it real close.

Is there an opening act? Any idea what time our boys will take the stage? TIA.

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

Website says doors 6 show 730. No opener.

nutfat

Post by nutfat »

in..closest rawk show I've been to..pre-game at the venue is my call..2 bars right outside the steel stacks

Clams

Post by Clams »

nutfat wrote:in..closest rawk show I've been to..pre-game at the venue is my call..2 bars right outside the steel stacks

When it comes to where and what to drink, Mr. Nutfat knows his shit. See ya there.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Clams wrote:
nutfat wrote:in..closest rawk show I've been to..pre-game at the venue is my call..2 bars right outside the steel stacks

When it comes to where and what to drink, Mr. Nutfat knows his shit. See ya there.

OK--but I can't be in 2 places at once
Always go to the show

Hank

Post by Hank »

I think I'm gonna go to this one. After seeing them in Philly, I'm now addicted.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Hank wrote:I think I'm gonna go to this one. After seeing them in Philly, I'm now addicted.

Careful man, it's a slippery slope lol. One minute you're seeing the band for the first time and the next you're booking four nights in Athens for Homecoming...and figuring out how many DBT shows you can slip in during a vacation...and wonder how far is "too far" to travel for a show....and how much sleep does one actually need to get up and go to work the next morning after a show, etc.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Hey 20! Cannot wait for this one. I am psyched.

Hank

Post by Hank »

brett27295 wrote:
Hank wrote:I think I'm gonna go to this one. After seeing them in Philly, I'm now addicted.

Careful man, it's a slippery slope lol. One minute you're seeing the band for the first time and the next you're booking four nights in Athens for Homecoming...and figuring out how many DBT shows you can slip in during a vacation...and wonder how far is "too far" to travel for a show....and how much sleep does one actually need to get up and go to work the next morning after a show, etc.

Haha! I'm already sliding down that slope with Isbell. Earlier this year I traveled to Geneva, NY from Philly to see him. Now I'm flying to Nashville on Saturday to see him Sunday at The Ryman. Those are in addition to his PA shows. :oops:

pa_heathen

Post by pa_heathen »

Hank wrote:Haha! I'm already sliding down that slope with Isbell. Earlier this year I traveled to Geneva, NY from Philly to see him. Now I'm flying to Nashville on Saturday to see him Sunday at The Ryman. Those are in addition to his PA shows. :oops:

So the question now is, are you staying in Nashville for the DBT show on that Thursday? Slippery slope.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Interesting how many shows the truckers have played lately in eastern/central Pennsylvania. In the last six months alone there have been shows in Lancaster, State College and now Bethlehem. Plus going back a few years there were shows in York and Harrisburg, plus there was that canceled show in Wilkes Barre.

Hank

Post by Hank »

pa_heathen wrote:So the question now is, are you staying in Nashville for the DBT show on that Thursday? Slippery slope.

I booked the trip too far in advance, prior to them announcing that show. I fly out on the 29th. Pretty bummed about that.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:Interesting how many shows the truckers have played lately in eastern/central Pennsylvania. In the last six months alone there have been shows in Lancaster, State College and now Bethlehem. Plus going back a few years there were shows in York and Harrisburg, plus there was that canceled show in Wilkes Barre.

Ummm, the show that was canceled doesn't count as a show. Especially since it was canceled because they sold like 3 tickets.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:
Clams wrote:Interesting how many shows the truckers have played lately in eastern/central Pennsylvania. In the last six months alone there have been shows in Lancaster, State College and now Bethlehem. Plus going back a few years there were shows in York and Harrisburg, plus there was that canceled show in Wilkes Barre.

Ummm, the show that was canceled doesn't count as a show. Especially since it was canceled because they sold like 3 tickets.

I had four :? :lol:

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Heading up early for some pre show Texas Holdem. Sands is one of my favorite poker rooms in PA/NJ.

I become officially old tomorrow, so I'll be playing lots of 5's.
Dave

pa_heathen

Post by pa_heathen »

We're heading in a little early, and should arrive around 4. Looks like Mike & Ike Bistro (1st fl of the venue) is the pre-show? That's were we'll be. See y'all in a few hours!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

pa_heathen wrote:We're heading in a little early, and should arrive around 4. Looks like Mike & Ike Bistro (1st fl of the venue) is the pre-show? That's were we'll be. See y'all in a few hours!

Website says they're closed Mon.-Wed.
Always go to the show

Clams

Post by Clams »

Lots to do this afternoon, so won't be rolling into Bethlehem until around 630 - weather and traffic permitting. Will probably go straight to the venue.

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

A few friends and I are going to hit the place Phungi mentioned. Better beer. Be there by 5.

pa_heathen

Post by pa_heathen »

Jonicont wrote:
pa_heathen wrote:We're heading in a little early, and should arrive around 4. Looks like Mike & Ike Bistro (1st fl of the venue) is the pre-show? That's were we'll be. See y'all in a few hours!

Website says they're closed Mon.-Wed.

Ah, Damn! They never said that in the email. I guess we will go with Phungi's recommedation. They have a better beer list anyway. And I checked, they open at 4:00 on Wednesdays.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

$2 draft lagers
Always go to the show

phungi

Post by phungi »

we aren't rolling into town until 6:30ish, so likely heading straight to venue...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...