Philly 10/18

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Vincent

Re: Philly 10/18

Post by Vincent »

Rock show tonight.
Dave

Clams

Post by Clams »

Fyi the trestle is a whiskey and go-go bar, not a tittie bar. For those who distinguish between such things.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Hank

Post by Hank »

After multiple botched attempts, tonight will be my first DBT show and I'm pretty damn excited! I'm flying solo since most of my friends are being rubes about going. Would like to meet up with some of you.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Hank wrote:After multiple botched attempts, tonight will be my first DBT show and I'm pretty damn excited! I'm flying solo since most of my friends are being rubes about going. Would like to meet up with some of you.

About time.
Dave

Indian Rider Oz

Post by Indian Rider Oz »

Looking forward to seeing these Drive by truckers Guys tonight, I hope they are as good as I have Heard !!!! :mrgreen:

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

In town. Parked heading to mcfadfens

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Line started 3hrs+ before doors. I'm not first either.

Hank

Post by Hank »

Vincent wrote:
Hank wrote:After multiple botched attempts, tonight will be my first DBT show and I'm pretty damn excited! I'm flying solo since most of my friends are being rubes about going. Would like to meet up with some of you.

About time.

Yep! I'll keep an eye out for you.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Doors 730 confirmed.
Dave

Flea

Post by Flea »

Tyler wrote:Line started 3hrs+ before doors. I'm not first either.

In other news, 6 inches of snow fell along the banks of the river Styx. :lol:
Now it's dark.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

It worked out. The four people who brought (no shit!) Lawn chairs went Cooley-side so I have my preferred DFC

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

Anybody streaming for tonight??? Big Tom or Joni?
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Lookout Mountain
Gravity's Gone
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
The Righteous Path
Shit Shots Count
Buttholeville
Zip City
The Distance
Women Without Whiskey
Pauline Hawkins
First Air of Autumn
A World of Hurt
Marry Me
Ronnie and Neil
72 (This Highway's Mean)
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Encore:
Primer Coat
18 Wheels of Love
A Ghost to Most
Grand Canyon

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

uncle rickey wrote:Lookout Mountain
Gravity's Gone
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
The Righteous Path
Shit Shots Count
Buttholeville
Zip City
The Distance
Women Without Whiskey
Pauline Hawkins
First Air of Autumn
A World of Hurt
Marry Me
Ronnie and Neil
72 (This Highway's Mean)
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Encore:
Primer Coat
18 Wheels of Love
A Ghost to Most
Grand Canyon

Please let there be a recording.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Clams

Post by Clams »

This was a really good one.Good night.

Hank

Post by Hank »

Well.. This was my first DBT show and I was left speechless. Absolutely excellent. I was right up front and I'm pretty sure Patterson pointed at my Lydia Loveless shirt and smiled. That was real cool. I'll never miss a DBT show again.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

A show for the ages. It was one of those nights, you know you're in for a treat when Lookout Mountain & Zip City are early in the set. The stars were aligned tonight. You usually can't drink on the floor at this venue. As luck would have it, they changed their minds tonight, & it was UR's turn to be DD. Score!
Next, I was standing between 2 3DD veterans, on the rail, Indian RiderOz & JimmyC. Yes, I just said JimmyC was on the rail, another clue it was a special night. And Oz by my side again, geez, that did me a world of good. Love those 2! Brought back so many fond memories. And of course, UR right there, along with dear friends pa heathen & her hubby, who just happens to be named Craig. So much love up front tonight, hard to describe just how special this show was.

A new song we've only heard once before, The Distance, (formerly called Go The Distance), complete with a dedication from Patterson to 3DD.

I'm 99% sure this show was taped. It will be worth hearing when it surfaces.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

The Distance? looking forward to hearing this one

headhunter

Post by headhunter »

LBRod wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:Lookout Mountain
Gravity's Gone
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
The Righteous Path
Shit Shots Count
Buttholeville
Zip City
The Distance
Women Without Whiskey
Pauline Hawkins
First Air of Autumn
A World of Hurt
Marry Me
Ronnie and Neil
72 (This Highway's Mean)
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Encore:
Primer Coat
18 Wheels of Love
A Ghost to Most
Grand Canyon

Please let there be a recording.

WOW! Philly always gets treated so nicely by the boys.

pa_heathen

Post by pa_heathen »

A great night even if we had to skip the pre-show. A few double Jacks & cokes on the rail brought me up to speed. One lesson learned though; never check your cell phone during a show. Worked related call stifled my mood, but the boys and the crowd were able to pick me back up.
When the lights came up we all went home but never quite the same.

Clams

Post by Clams »

All shows should start with Lookout Mountain - that is a fact, it cannot be argued with! (Okay except for maybe Carl Perkins every fourth or fifth show.) You really couldn't pick a better set than what we got last night. How do you top World of Hurt-->Marry Me-->Ronnie & Neil-->72-->Hell No right up into the encore? You could maybe come up with a 5-song run that's just as good, but you can't beat it. Last night's show started strong and literally got better with each and every song they played. Plus the band was in great spirits, having fun and drinking, and doing the rock star thing etc. As special as the night before must have been at the Beacon, I think they were happy to cut loose a little last night. Even the Electric Factory was great - they closed off the entire balcony with black curtains and it really seemed to help the sound, plus it made the place seem a little smaller. It was also nice to see them play a bigger room and be up high on a big stage. Patterson's shout out to 3dd before the new song was a nice touch and indeed, 3dd was represented not just by the Philly/PA crew but also board members from DC, Delaware, NJ, NYC, Richmond etc. Craziest thing was having my brother with me and also his soon to be ex-wife (both seeing the truckers for the first time), and they got along great despite being at the tail end of a butt-ugly divorce. If DBT can bring those two together even for just two hours, well then they really can do anything. Great time and can't wait to see everyone on Weds in Bethlehem.

Hank

Post by Hank »

Here's a rough recording of "A Ghost To Most" that's missing the beginning. I'm praying a good quality version of this show surfaces.

http://picosong.com/fLjT

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Clams wrote:All shows should start with Lookout Mountain - that is a fact, it cannot be argued with! (Okay except for maybe Carl Perkins every fourth or fifth show.) You really couldn't pick a better set than what we got last night. How do you top World of Hurt-->Marry Me-->Ronnie & Neil-->72-->Hell No right up into the encore? You could maybe come up with a 5-song run that's just as good, but you can't beat it. Last night's show started strong and literally got better with each and every song they played. Plus the band was in great spirits, having fun and drinking, and doing the rock star thing etc. As special as the night before must have been at the Beacon, I think they were happy to cut loose a little last night. Even the Electric Factory was great - they closed off the entire balcony with black curtains and it really seemed to help the sound, plus it made the place seem a little smaller. It was also nice to see them play a bigger room and be up high on a big stage. Patterson's shout out to 3dd before the new song was a nice touch and indeed, 3dd was represented not just by the Philly/PA crew but also board members from DC, Delaware, NJ, NYC, Richmond etc. Craziest thing was having my brother with me and also his soon to be ex-wife (both seeing the truckers for the first time), and they got along great despite being at the tail end of a butt-ugly divorce. If DBT can bring those two together even for just two hours, well then they really can do anything. Great time and can't wait to see everyone on Weds in Bethlehem.

Yikes, I know this is none of my business, but World of Hurt must have been particularly fitting for the Clams crew on this night.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

CooleyGirl wrote:
A new song we've only heard once before, The Distance, (formerly called Go The Distance), complete with a dedication from Patterson to 3DD.

Just curious when Go The Distance was played before.
Dave

gepman

Post by gepman »

Vincent wrote:
CooleyGirl wrote:

Just curious when Go The Distance was played before.

Hampton Beach NH, 6/29