9/16 Omaha, NE Slowdown

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

potato chips

9/16 Omaha, NE Slowdown

Post by potato chips »

Sorry for the late posting on this but it was late night and an early morning for this guy. Well worth it though because I got to witness another killer DBT show last night at Slowdown.

I thought Lucero was a very entertaining opener. I think they played for about an hour 15 minutes, longer than what you'd normally see for an opener. Which was perfectly fine with me. And I do have to add that it was extremely cool to see Ben Nichols hanging out in the crowd literally right after they finished. He's a rock fan just like us!

This setlist probably isn't 100% correct but it should be close:

The Righteous Path
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Pauline Hawkins
Primer Coat
Box of Spiders
Uncle Frank
When He's Gone
Space City
The Part of Him
Made Up English Oceans
Hanging On
A World of Hurt
Marry Me
Lookout Mountain
Shit Shots Count
Hell No I Ain't Happy

Encore:
Birthday Boy
Girls Who Smoke
Zip City
Grand Canyon

OkieinTexas

Re: 9/16 Omaha, NE Slowdown

Post by OkieinTexas »

Thanks for the review. I always like to read the experiences fans have at shows. Big Lucero fan and DBT letting the band play so long is another example of just how cool the Truckers are.

I try to check out every set list on the board and this one really got my interest. I hate to use the word "perfect" but damn it almost is in my book. Taste being subjective and all.
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

beantownbubba

Re: 9/16 Omaha, NE Slowdown

Post by beantownbubba »

Thanks for the report. Glad to see the Birthday Boy - Girls Who Smoke combo back.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard