DBT MD

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

oilpiers

DBT MD

Post by oilpiers »

Took my mother to her every three month appointment with her nephrologist. He basically saved her life around 7 years ago. My mom has a rare disease that required a process called plasmapheresis multiple times per month. Like a dialysis. He gave her an IV infusion about 7 years ago that has miraculously left her without the need for plasmapheresis since then. She is 85 now, so the change in treatment has probably saved her life, as for the past 7 years she has not had to have a shunt imbedded in her upper chest. This afternoon I wore my English Oceans album cover shirt to her appointment. The doctor, whom I have know over 10 years, not only through my mother, but also because I often see him in the ER and ICU where I do contract work, asked me if it was DBT. Turns out they are his favorite band. I have never met anyone that has brought them up to me, outside of a DBT related event. He has all of their music. I decided I will give him my extra English Oceans Bootleg vinyl, as well as my extra Dragon Pants vinyl, both unopened. I guess I could sell both for about $80 on eBay, or give them to the DBT fan who kept my mother alive.

P.S. I donated another EO Bootleg to Nuci's for auction. I requested the band sign it. Bid the shit out of that, would ya!

dbtfan4life

Re: DBT MD

Post by dbtfan4life »

thats awesome man!!