Memphis @ Minglewood Hall 9/19

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Memphis @ Minglewood Hall 9/19

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Ten days to go until this one after an almost five month hiatus from seeing the boys. Jonesing hard. Who's in?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

John A Arkansawyer

Re: Memphis @ Minglewood Hall 9/19

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Let's see...short drive from home? Check.
Not a work night? Check.
Daughter with her mom? Check.

I dunno, man. Are these guys any good?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Let's see...short drive from home? Check.
Not a work night? Check.
Daughter with her mom? Check.

I dunno, man. Are these guys any good?

:lol:

Well you know Lee Bains & the Glory Fires are opening and OBL will be in town so there is that...

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

As our rough math has it, our newborn little boy was concieved in Memphis last fall! And what a rocker of a show it was, Wild Horses to start an encore that wouldn't quit. Likely the longest DBT show I've ever seen. Hope you all have a blast!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Gaetzi wrote:As our rough math has it, our newborn little boy was concieved in Memphis last fall! And what a rocker of a show it was, Wild Horses to start an encore that wouldn't quit. Likely the longest DBT show I've ever seen. Hope you all have a blast!

Please tell me your child's name is "Graceland Peabody"!!!!

I believe I listened to a stream of that show, because I remember the "Wild Horses" encore. My father-in-law should be there; he's on 3DD but doesn't post too often. I'd describe him to you, and tell you too look for him, but I'm sure I'd describe 1/4-1/2 of DBT fans!!!

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Ha! We named him Sawyer but we did stay at the Peabody.. If we were going to name the kid based on events from that weekend we'd call him Gus, after the man that makes that blessed fried chicken.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

jr29

Post by jr29 »

In

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Are TC, John A, and I the only board members planning on attending ? My eye opening DBT moment was at the New Daisy on Beale Street 3 years ago so, these Memphis shows are extra special for me.

John A Arkansawyer

jr29 wrote:Are TC, John A, and I the only board members planning on attending ? My eye opening DBT moment was at the New Daisy on Beale Street 3 years ago so, these Memphis shows are extra special for me.

If TC shows up without Lurleen, I'll be more than a little surprised. And I'm pretty sure at least one other member is planning to drop in.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
jr29 wrote:Are TC, John A, and I the only board members planning on attending ? My eye opening DBT moment was at the New Daisy on Beale Street 3 years ago so, these Memphis shows are extra special for me.

If TC shows up without Lurleen, I'll be more than a little surprised. And I'm pretty sure at least one other member is planning to drop in.

Oddly, I will be arriving without Lurleen but she'll be there in time for the show. I'll be working in the area that day while she'll be flying in from a work function of her own. Lots of other folks are coming as well including OBL.

John A Arkansawyer

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:

Oddly, I will be arriving without Lurleen but she'll be there in time for the show.

Color me surprised! But only a little.

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I'll be working in the area that day while she'll be flying in from a work function of her own. Lots of other folks are coming as well including OBL.

I'd heard that from OBL but wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a surprise so I kept, for once, my mouth shut.

It's kind of nice, really. This is where I first met someone from the board, namely Lurleen, and maybe someone else I've forgotten, and someone not from the board who I like a lot. This should be a fun show. I mean, they're all fun, but they have some time off after this one, so I expect they'll bring all the rock.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Ah just one more day...

Five months without a show doesn't work too well for us, but there were very good reasons for the break so it's all good.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I don't know how to connect the satellites or who in fact makes the magic happen, but I wondered if there was any chance for a stream of this show? I feel like I remember listening to a stream from Memphis a few years ago. Please and thank you!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beaverdam wrote:I don't know how to connect the satellites or who in fact makes the magic happen, but I wondered if there was any chance for a stream of this show? I feel like I remember listening to a stream from Memphis a few years ago. Please and thank you!

I'm pretty sure someone streamed the Memphis last sure but not sure who. Tonight's show in Dallas is being video streamed by Yahoo though.

Athens Joe

Post by Athens Joe »

My good friend in Memphis is going and said he just wants to hear Cooley say '25 years later I was saying the same thing about Memphis.' I told him there was little to no chance of hearing it but you never know. Y'all have a good time tonight.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Lets go to Memphis in the meantime baby...

teleburst

Post by teleburst »

Wish I could be there in my hometown tonight. I'll have to settle for the Ryman next month, and also play Grand Canyon on my radio show, Pop Top, this afternoon/evening and give the Memphis show a mention.

If you want to listen, go here at 5pm CDT. It's a two hour show and DBT will probably be in the second hour, but there are a lot of cool tunes before that. 34 songs in total.

www.radiofreenashville.org

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Athens Joe wrote:My good friend in Memphis is going and said he just wants to hear Cooley say '25 years later I was saying the same thing about Memphis.' I told him there was little to no chance of hearing it but you never know. Y'all have a good time tonight.

Better chance of GG making an appearance, but agreed on Y'all have a blast.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Rock from start to finish. No "Grand canyon", no "Heathens", no "Pulaski"......a serious eardrum shattering rock show. "Til He's Dead Or Rises" , "Women Without Whiskey" and "Don't Be In Love Around Me" were among my highlights.
Also, a fantastic crowd, at least in my area.
My only disappointment was no "Carl Perkins' Cadillac".

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Righteous Path
Devil don't stay
Southern Thing
Women Without Whiskey
Pauline Hawkins
Natural Light
GG Allin
Til he's dead or rises
Runaway Train
Made up English oceans
Living bubba
3 dimes down
Don't be in love around me
Uncle frank
When he's gone
Marry me
Hell no, I ain't happy

Encore:
Shit Shots count
Lookout mountain
Zip city 
Ltbr
Symagyaotp

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Symagyaotp

:?: :?:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LBRod wrote:

Shut
your
mouth
and
get
your
ass
on
the
plane
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

John A Arkansawyer

This was a good, solid show, with beautifully clear, not overloud but still loud sound. No epiphanies or anything, just a real good time. Possibly I was a little wrung out by the opening band.

I liked the guys I met to my left on the rail. They were discussing people I know, which I just enjoyed and said nothing about, but which made me confident they'd hold my spot when I had to leave, which they did the time I was gone only a reasonable amount of time. The next time was my fault.

I'm sold on Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires. That's just everything you want from a rock band. After the show, I bought the album and a shirt and am looking forward to enjoying them both.

Between bands, I'd left the rail to get an energy drink (a new experience well into a long day--I'll try it again), a cup of water (it was hot in there!), and a second beer (it is a rock show, after all), and came back right at the start of the set to find someone in my spot. I decided it'd be silly to worry about it, 'cause things were great five feet away, too. It was a graceful sort of beginning and then a steady rock show throughout. Some shows shift into a higher gear; this one was running around cruising speed from the start. None of the songs I think of as gearshifters were in the set; Women Without Whiskey into Pauline Hawkins is an inspired choice.

It was a good show. I'm looking forward to the next one, when I'll have current tags. Thank you, officer, for letting me go about my business after ticketing me.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Zip City wrote:
LBRod wrote:

Shut
your
mouth
and
get
your
ass
on
the
plane

Oops. Pre work fuzzy head. :oops: