Updated merch on website

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: Updated merch on website

Post by Clams »

For what it's worth, I've had two glasses for a few weeks and I've washed them in the dishwasher and by hand and they're fine.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Clams wrote:For what it's worth, I've had two glasses for a few weeks and I've washed them in the dishwasher and by hand and they're fine.

Mine are fine too. Have washed only by hand but many times each. It really sounds like a bad lot, not a bad product.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Regarding the beer glass issue, per Jason Wilson: The vendor knows about the issue and is looking into it. Meanwhile, Music Today said: "Please have fans contact our call center. 877-687-4277 I'll keep them updated and and they'll have the latest plan on how it will be resolved."

I very carefully washed our 4 glasses, so far, so good, fingers crossed!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

artood2

Post by artood2 »

Too bad I was gonna pick up a few and I don't even drink (Beer)

kinda like my fave dbt t-shirt which faded so bad after a few washes you can only see the logo in a certain light. (muscle shoals logo )

I understand they keep prices cheap but I'd rather pay more for better quality gear. I have a 19 year old t shirt from another favorite band worn so thin you can see through parts but the logo is still very clear.
:|

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

When I last looked on the website, they were no longer offering the glasses with the new dvd/vinyl combos. Wonder if it is due to this, or for some other reason.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

PeterJ wrote:When I last looked on the website, they were no longer offering the glasses with the new dvd/vinyl combos. Wonder if it is due to this, or for some other reason.

Saw that and that's too bad because I eventually want two more to go along with the 4 I already have. I know something about the printing process on glass from my line of work and these problems are almost lot specific. Given that I've actually tried to scrub off the artwork and failed on the ones I have I'm convinced that's the case here. That being said unless you're talking heavy duty, mass produced screen printing I would always keep printed glass out of the dishwasher.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

PeterJ wrote:When I last looked on the website, they were no longer offering the glasses with the new dvd/vinyl combos. Wonder if it is due to this, or for some other reason.

Yes, they pulled them from the bundles due to this issue.

I took a chance last night & used 1 of our 4 glasses. It started to sweat. I picked it up to take a drink and my hand got covered with black flecks. I'll call it into Music Today.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

So I washed my defective glass by hand, along with the one UR used, here is what happened:

If you touch any of the black print now, it will fleck off in your hand.

The other 2 glasses we bought will not be used and will now be museum pieces.

walthers

Post by walthers »

This is a real bummer. I received two as a birthday present and the black came off the first one as I was rinsing it. I'm with Cooley Girl, the second one goes on the shelf, not to be used.

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

Because of hectic shit going on in life I haven't kept up with the board much lately.Wish I had. Got my glasses today and promptly washed one and poured a brew. Same thing as others. Put them on a shelf and look at them.All they're good for.
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time.

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

I just got off the phone with music today. She said they are making new ones but they don't know when to expect them. She said if no refund was issued they would just send new glasses and we don't need to do anything else.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

gordonlw wrote:I just got off the phone with music today. She said they are making new ones but they don't know when to expect them. She said if no refund was issued they would just send new glasses and we don't need to do anything else.

Well that's good news. My guess is they're made in China or India (unless they're buying plain glasses and screen printing in the US) so it might be awhile. Even if they make them immediately ocean freight is taking forever right now.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

I'm happy Music Today is fixing this. I don't care how long it takes for our new glasses to come in as long as the quality is perfect this time.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:(unless they're buying plain glasses and screen printing in the US)

Yep, that's what they do. If MD wants it to be quick, it can be quick, and it's no skin off their back.

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

Beer glass update!! "Dear DBT Fans,
A few fans who were putting their new Beer Can Glasses to use made us aware that the print on the glass was flaking and coming off without much effort.
Upon discovery of this issue, we pulled all remaining inventory from the store and have been working to get replacement glasses produced. The production error that caused the initial issue has been corrected and replacement glasses are on the way. They will be shipping to you this week and will arrive shortly at the address used to deliver your original order. The original glasses are yours to keep, and you will receive an equal number of replacements that were in your original order.
Please accept our sincere apology for this error. If you have since changed addresses, please contact our Customer Service team immediately so they may update your address. We thank you for your continued support."

Clams

Post by Clams »

Apparently I'm getting a new set too - and my glasses are fine. I guess everyone who ordered is getting a replacement set.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Clams wrote:Apparently I'm getting a new set too - and my glasses are fine. I guess everyone who ordered is getting a replacement set.

I can pm you my address if you want. ;)
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

If there was a long-sleeved shirt with a deep V neck, a little DBT logo on the boob and maybe a cooleybird on the back, or some other fabulous Wes Freed concoction, AND it was decent quality cotton with a little spandex mixed in to keep the shape, I would assuredly buy it.

I once made a similar suggestion to the tour manager of The Hold Steady and he looked right at me and said,

"Women don't buy merch."

I wonder why, Q?

Just thought I would toss that out, since there's some time before homecoming.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:Apparently I'm getting a new set too - and my glasses are fine. I guess everyone who ordered is getting a replacement set.

It's probably cheaper to send them to everyone than to try to figure out who got what and who needs what.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

one belt loop wrote:If there was a long-sleeved shirt with a deep V neck, a little DBT logo on the boob and maybe a cooleybird on the back, or some other fabulous Wes Freed concoction, AND it was decent quality cotton with a little spandex mixed in to keep the shape, I would assuredly buy it.

I once made a similar suggestion to the tour manager of The Hold Steady and he looked right at me and said,

"Women don't buy merch."

I wonder why, Q?

Just thought I would toss that out, since there's some time before homecoming.

I think he meant that women don't buy meth. 'Cause, you know, women never have to pay for drugs.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

new glasses came today! I scrubbed the shit out of them and they held up.

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

Do they sell merch at solo gigs?

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

BiloxiParish wrote:Do they sell merch at solo gigs?

Not DBT merch
Always go to the show

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

Appreciate the answer!

Sh*t Shot

Post by Sh*t Shot »

With winter upon us a knit hat design in the bands web store sure would be nice. Something simple with maybe just "DBT" embroidered on the front. Any new ball cap designs (especially from a high quality manufacturer like New Era and embroidered) would be welcomed as well. I would gladly pay a premium price for a quality product. I've already destroyed 2 of the trucker style hats with the third on its last legs.

I do applaud Music Today's customer service. I've had to contact them at least 3 times over the past 6-7 years about order issues and received expedited service each time to make things right.

Rob

walthers

Post by walthers »

I just received an email from music today stating the glasses are unavailable so they are refunding my credit card. Total bummer, I thought I was getting replacements. Anyone else run into this?

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

The new Heathens sticker is fuckin bad ass!! And the new hoodie is fuckin sweet 2!!! check it out guys!!!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

dbtfan4life wrote:The new Heathens sticker is fuckin bad ass!! And the new hoodie is fuckin sweet 2!!! check it out guys!!!

I do like the new hoodie--bought one, in fact--but I liked the jacket-with-hood design better. And I am sure wishing I'd bought one of the ones that had the Cooley bird on front. (Which would make it a Cooley Hoodie, right?)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
dbtfan4life wrote:The new Heathens sticker is fuckin bad ass!! And the new hoodie is fuckin sweet 2!!! check it out guys!!!

I do like the new hoodie--bought one, in fact--but I liked the jacket-with-hood design better. And I am sure wishing I'd bought one of the ones that had the Cooley bird on front. (Which would make it a Cooley Hoodie, right?)

No no. You got it all mixed up. Its Mike Hood and Patterson Cooley. Not Coolie Hoody .. Noob!
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

CalebCalebson

Post by CalebCalebson »

Anybody know when there will be renewed stock on the DBT website I've been wanting to get a shirt but can't find any Large ones.