DBT at NYC"S Beacon Theatre on Oct. 17

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

jimmyc

Re: DBT at NYC"S Beacon Theatre on Oct. 17

Post by jimmyc »

Hey Guys. Long time for reasons too numerous to mention (work,work,work). Suffice it to say I am very much looking forward to this. If my calculations are correct this is #100. Good friends of mine have a bar on 85th and Amsterdam. It's a ten minute walk from the venue. Real good bar: great food, cheap drinks, cool place. I suggest a pre-game there for those interested. Check out http://e-barnyc.com if interested. Hope to see y'all there. (That means you too, Wolf!)

insainz7713

Post by insainz7713 »

Hey i just saw the post from Jimmy C about the pregame. I'm coming down with a bunch of people including my dad who needs a wheelchair, so unfortunately that bar is going to be a little far for us. We are actually planning on going to The Amsterdam Ale house which is right around the corner. So if anything changes and that place doesn't work out, this is another option for you..

RMD

Post by RMD »

Here is hoping for a One Of These Days bust out.

headhunter

Post by headhunter »

see ya all pre-show at the amsterdam ale house.

will be my first time sitting for the Rawk Show.

angryandy

Post by angryandy »

I love the Beacon for its great sound, but am very concerned about the theater having seats. I have seen the Allmans there numerous times. Typically at those shows the people in the loge and the balcony sit in their seats while the folks in the orchestra stand, dance, and rock out. I hope I can stand on Friday without upsetting too many people.

javamyth

Post by javamyth »

I cannot make this show. I really want to but I just can't do it, dog is sick and that is more important at this time. Regardless I have a cheap ticket up for grabs (cheap as in its not first row), free to who needs it. Logistics will have some dynamics in that you would have to connect with my friends who are going to the show. Regardless they are 3DD'ers, and will be hanging out early cause thats how it goes. So if needed, I am going to suggest getting to the Beacon early and holding up a sign that says "I want Steve's ticket" or email me back and I will try to make this all connect. Have a great show everybody and I will see you at the next one.....

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Dear Band:

Thank you for coming back to Manhattan to rock us all out. At the Beacon no less. We are very excited for you all to play this steller venue just as y'all are to play there. Hope you cats feed off the energy from the room as well as all us heathens.

If you are taking any requests at all, please consider " After The Scene Dies" - not just because it's one of my favourite Trucker songs of all time, (and Buttholeville and Carl Perkins and etc....) but to dedicate it to the East Village, which it's now a former shell of it's self. Plus that riff is just great. You may need to come down there and see it for yourself. Once the 7-11 showed up on Ave A and 11th st, we all knew it was over for a scene that once was......

~HW~

thebigew

Post by thebigew »

BeantownBubba's 3rd son reporting in. So freaking pumped for this show after forces conspired to make me miss the previous two. 

Section ORCH1, Row W, Seat 9
Section ORCH1, Row W, Seat 11

Who's with me?

If we are meeting anywhere for a beer before the show, let me know!

thebigew

Post by thebigew »

After using the power of reading I have been able to discern that we are meeting at amsterdam ale house. Hopefully see you there

Whispering Pines

Post by Whispering Pines »

I second Wolf's request for "After the Scene Dies," with a doleful dedication to rock in general, and to such sadly departed Manhattan venues as the Bottom Line, the Lakeside Lounge, and the Rodeo Bar.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

thebigew wrote:After using the power of reading I have been able to discern that we are meeting at amsterdam ale house. Hopefully see you there

So glad all those lessons weren't in vain! Have a great time!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

headhunter

Post by headhunter »

Doesn't the air just smell so much better when you wake up the morning of a DBT show?

Looking forward to seeing many of you tonight along with the best band on the planet.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

headhunter wrote:Doesn't the air just smell so much better when you wake up the morning of a DBT show?

Looking forward to seeing many of you tonight along with the best band on the planet.

Amen
Always go to the show

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Rock Show on the Upper West Side! Hope everyone has a blast, I've never seen a show at the Beacon that wasn't top notch.
Last edited by Gaetzi on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

thebigew

Post by thebigew »

Jonicont wrote:
headhunter wrote:Doesn't the air just smell so much better when you wake up the morning of a DBT show?

Amen

I third this. Woke up at 5 am and was too excited to get back to sleep! :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol: :D

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

^^Ran over there on my lunch break. :D I should be done with work and down there around 4. REALLY looking forward to meeting up with everyone!

Sterling Big Mouth

Post by Sterling Big Mouth »

See everyone at the Rock Show tonight!
Three guitars or a life of crime

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Really looking forward to seeing all of you good people and the best band around tonight. See you at the Amsterdam Ale House, 340 Amsterdam Ave #1, New York, NY 10024

Oh, and if you see Megan tonight, she is the better half of SteveInCTNeedsaDrink, wish her a Happy 30th Birthday! Lucky girl gets an awesome night of rock for her big day! Here's hoping you get Bulldozers and Dirt or Santa Fe or Panties in your Purse as the icing on the cake!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Now that's what i call a marquee!! I was feeling bad about missing this before but the closer it gets the worse I feel. Damn.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

beantownbubba wrote:Now that's what i call a marquee!! I was feeling bad about missing this before but the closer it gets the worse I feel. Damn.

See my sig
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jonicont wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Now that's what i call a marquee!! I was feeling bad about missing this before but the closer it gets the worse I feel. Damn.

See my sig

Sage advice as always, but not always practical.

SteveInCTNeedsADrink

Post by SteveInCTNeedsADrink »

Just got to the Ale house and they have my favorite beer ever Czechvar! Damn what a beautiful day and night in NYC it is gonna be! Can't wait to see all of you awesome folks and see another kick ass Rock Show at one of the most famous venues in NYC!

SteveInCTNeedsADrink

Post by SteveInCTNeedsADrink »

Sad that Bill won't be here though. It's the first Rock Show we've ever seen without him! We love you Bill and we'll miss you brother! Enjoy Pearl Jam!

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Made Up English Oceans
The Righteous Path
A Ghost to Most
Runaway Train
Shit Shots Count
Puttin' People on the Moon
Uncle Frank
Pauline Hawkins
First Air of Autumn
Box of Spiders
Primer Coat
Play it All Night Long
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Encore:
Birthday Boy
Used to be a Cop
Women Without Whiskey
Grand Canyon

Matt Patton Jay Gonzalez holy shit

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Only 18 songs? Hard curfew?
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

headhunter

Post by headhunter »

Last night was awesome.

No better way to spend a night than at the Rock Show.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Markalanbishop wrote:Only 18 songs? Hard curfew?

Had to be, 18 songs is barely a main set.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

I'm so proud of our guys. They were amazing last night. It was an honor to be there at this milestone moment. The venue was stunning. Sound was perfect. I had never been to the Beacon before. What a show to start with!
The guys were grinning ear to ear all night & Cooley was like a kid in a candy store, at times sneaking behind Patterson to go grab a swig from the bottle on top of the B3. Then he'd run back & looked like was happy to not have been caught.

The set was great. Runaway Train was a highlight. That was only the 2nd time we've heard that. Play it All Night Long was awesome, love shouting along & doing the call & response on it. Shit Shots Count was with the horns from Saint Paul, very cool. Surprised they didn't do Marry Me last night, speaking of horns.

There was a strict curfew. Done at 11. Strange having assigned seats, but we stood the whole show anyway. We even sidled up to lean on the stage for the encore.

Can't wait for tonight!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood