October & November tour dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

jr29

Re: October & November tour dates

Post by jr29 »

In for Ryman show.

loopyhelsbells

Post by loopyhelsbells »

In for Nashville and Charlotte and anything in between haha
It's Great To Be Alive........

loopyhelsbells

Post by loopyhelsbells »

In for Nashville and Charlotte and anything in between haha
It's Great To Be Alive........

backroads

Post by backroads »

beantownbubba wrote:Pawtucket RI? How the hell are they even going to find it? I'll be there waiting, guys. :lol:

The Beacon Theater in the Big City! I'm hearing Ronnie Hawkins at The Last Waltz saying "big time, Bill, big time!" :D

vanark wrote:In for Pawtucket.

Anyone know who will be opening?

I should be there! Never been to the Met and it's a heck of a lot closer than Toad's Place! Looking forward to it!

bold99

Post by bold99 »

backroads wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Pawtucket RI? How the hell are they even going to find it? I'll be there waiting, guys. :lol:

The Beacon Theater in the Big City! I'm hearing Ronnie Hawkins at The Last Waltz saying "big time, Bill, big time!" :D

vanark wrote:In for Pawtucket.

Anyone know who will be opening?

I should be there! Never been to the Met and it's a heck of a lot closer than Toad's Place! Looking forward to it!

The Silks are opening in Pawtucket at The Met and I could not be more excited!!. These guys are friends of mine and one of my favorite bands going right now. Such a perfect fit to open for DBT. Paul Westerberg produced their album Last American Band and it is Killer. They also were just asked to the Americana music festival in Nashville in Sept which is a high honor. Check them out and get to the show in time to see them.

https://www.facebook.com/thesilksmusic
http://www.thesilksmusic.com/

full album on youtube here
http://thesilksmusic.bandcamp.com/

teleburst

Post by teleburst »

Clams wrote:
Jonicont wrote:
Clams wrote:Tix bought for Philly and Bethlehem.

Btw this will make 5 DBT shows for eastern/central PA within a year (2 Philly, Lancaster, State College and Bethlehem). Thank you DBT!

Another double header with Clams. IN

Nice. You know, the Martin Guitar factory and museum is only 10 or 15 miles away in Nazareth, PA and I've always wanted to visit. Hmmmm.

For those coming to Nashville, the main Gibson factory is here. I can check on tour availability if you guys want. Not sure whether they do them regularly, but I've done one in the distant past. In fact, I was just there yesterday to pick up a shipping carton for a Melody Maker I bought for a friend of mine in Mobile ($250 at a pawn shop).

backroads

Post by backroads »

bold99 wrote:The Silks are opening in Pawtucket at The Met and I could not be more excited!!. These guys are friends of mine and one of my favorite bands going right now. Such a perfect fit to open for DBT. Paul Westerberg produced their album Last American Band and it is Killer. They also were just asked to the Americana music festival in Nashville in Sept which is a high honor. Check them out and get to the show in time to see them.

Giving them a listen now. Thanks!

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

officially in for Charlotte.

bwitte

Post by bwitte »

I do not see Washington DC on here. I wonder if that leaves room for a 3 night run at the 9:30 over New Year's?

misterbrow

Post by misterbrow »

NYE run in DC would be nice, but that's months from now.

Rams Head Baltimore is open for the night before heading to Delaware then Virginia...

gepman

Post by gepman »

misterbrow wrote:NYE run in DC would be nice, but that's months from now.

Rams Head Baltimore is open for the night before heading to Delaware then Virginia...

I wouldn't count on it.
Just played DC twice in March. Just played Ram's Head in June. And Delaware is a "near" to both.
Not to mention recent shows in Lancaster and State College PA, plus future shows in Philly and Bethlehem Pa.

Outside chance for DC at NYE, fingers are crossed...

09Gamecock

Post by 09Gamecock »

Any word on the Halloween show? I'm really hoping I can work that into my schedule for the weekend.

Also, the Music Farm in Columbia, SC is about to open. I sure hope DBT will be stopping there before long!

misterbrow

Post by misterbrow »

gepman wrote:

I wouldn't count on it.
Just played DC twice in March. Just played Ram's Head in June. And Delaware is a "near" to both.
Not to mention recent shows in Lancaster and State College PA, plus future shows in Philly and Bethlehem Pa.

I worry about NYE in DC. That means someone has to leave the band right? JK

misterbrow

Post by misterbrow »

Dark Star is booked for 9:30 1/1+2.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

misterbrow wrote:
gepman wrote:

I wouldn't count on it.

I worry about NYE in DC. That means someone has to leave the band right? JK

They could always hire someone for a one-off, kind of like how (I'm told) some Japanese companies hire someone to fire and take all the blame when a major project goes south. (And does anyone know if this is true or not? I remember hearing it from somewhere reputable but I can't remember where.)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

sideburn

Post by sideburn »

Well the email yesterday confirmed a Halloween show. Waiting patiently to hear venue, but barely. In for Charlotte and hopefully 31st.

ChrisGravity

Post by ChrisGravity »

sideburn wrote:Well the email yesterday confirmed a Halloween show. Waiting patiently to hear venue, but barely. In for Charlotte and hopefully 31st.

I will be in Charlotte too, hopefully they will do a Halloween show in Charlotte. I would make a whole weekend out of it! Make it happen! :D

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

ChrisGravity wrote:
I will be in Charlotte too, hopefully they will do a Halloween show in Charlotte. I would make a whole weekend out of it! Make it happen! :D

I suspect the Halloween show will be taking place a little southwest of Charlotte...possibly 200 miles southwest of Charlotte ;)
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

mikem

Post by mikem »

What time they been hitting the stage ??

Can't get there till 9

When they're in Columbus

Thanks

BucketsOfMercy

Post by BucketsOfMercy »

Anyone have any idea why the shows on this Fall run seem to be getting much shorter setlists? Looks like 19-21 songs on average per night.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Some of these shows have had curfew issues. Also some of the songs get extended treatments these days.
If you want a long set, come to the Fillmore.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

Me and Mrs. Poker are in for Charlotte.
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

John A Arkansawyer

LBRod wrote:Some of these shows have had curfew issues.

There was indeed an electric alarm clock visible from the audience sitting on the stage in Springfield. Show started at 9:24 and ended (I think--I was a little fuzzy by then) at 11:34. Sorry, but I didn't clock the encore break.

I figure they're playing some smaller, acoustically beautiful halls to get a live record done. When the sound is good*, it's really great in those places. And some of the smaller crowds don't sing along so loud so much on every song. I'm just guessing, but I figure I've got a good shot at being right*.

*and sometimes those halls are nightmares for louder bands. There was some vocal feedback trouble in particular in Springfield. It averages out

**why do I remember 9:24 so well? Because I'd just turned to some folks and said, "It's 9:24. I'm betting they come out right at 9:30." I was interrupted by the sound of cheering as the band came out, but I did at least have the integrity to finish my dumb-ass sentence.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Houndmouth wrote:Awesome. Van got broken into last night in Springfield, MO. Thank the music gods they didn't steal our gear.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

John A Arkansawyer

Zip City wrote:Image

Houndmouth wrote:Awesome. Van got broken into last night in Springfield, MO. Thank the music gods they didn't steal our gear.

Given that there was no gear theft involved, I'm betting on that guy who yelled "Marry me!" at the keyboard player from the far stage right balcony.