Terminal 5

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Why Henry Drinks

Terminal 5

Post by Why Henry Drinks »

so i've read nothing but shit reviews about this place. everything from they have ONE exit too in order to get a drink you have to climb 3 flights of stairs, the sound is shit and you can't see the band....my wife is claustrophobic and i have a severe anxiety disorder...plus tickets are expensive and i have no idea who the opening act or "special guests" are...can some help me out here...what's up with this place???

beantownbubba

Re: Terminal 5

Post by beantownbubba »

Why Henry Drinks wrote:so i've read nothing but shit reviews about this place. everything from they have ONE exit too in order to get a drink you have to climb 3 flights of stairs, the sound is shit and you can't see the band....my wife is claustrophobic and i have a severe anxiety disorder...plus tickets are expensive and i have no idea who the opening act or "special guests" are...can some help me out here...what's up with this place???

I was only there once, for DBT & THS, and I don't recognize the place you're describing. There was a very large bar in the back on the main floor. I'm not 100% certain but i'm pretty sure there were bars on the higher floors as well. I'm not clinically claustrophobic but i like my space and one of the things i liked about Terminal 5 was that if you looked for it, there was plenty of space w/ some elbow room and decent sight lines. I thought the sound was surprisingly good for a room as big as that one (can't be much bigger and still be a "club" lol) but it wasn't like an intimate club experience in any way, including the sound. I would not hesitate because of the venue, and in fact i'm gonna be there :)

On edit: And also the bathroom was remarkable for a rock club: I didn't feel the need to review my vaccine history before using it.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

i go this venue all the time, it's fine. the sound (supposedly) isn't the best but i've never noticed *i don't have a great ear*, and the view can sometimes be obstructed on the right side if you come LATE. there is a bar in the back and a bar on the 2nd floor...it's a pretty decent size venue. nothing to worry about...
In my blood, there's gasoline..

charlie

Post by charlie »

Yes, Terminal 5 has had awful reviews. Most of the awful reviews were from fans attending sold out shows. The problem (IMHO) is the fact that since the balcony is laid out flat, if you dont have the rail, your view is obstructed and you end up going to the (already) overcrowded floor.

My experiences with terminal 5 were for the March 2008 DBT show, and then the 11/08 double bill 2 nighter with DBT/THS. Only the Friday night DBT/THS show sold out. I had no problem with the sound, space or getting a beer or going to the bathroom. As I recall, even the sold out show was easy enough to move around, get beer, go to bathroom...

I highly doubt that DBT will sell out NYE, although I would love to see it, as I believe terminal 5 holds roughly 2k. I wouldnt worry about space or anything else. Likely you'll be able to hang out at the back of the floor and enjoy great sound and easy access to beer and bathrooms. If I remember correctly the bathrooms on the balcony are all individual rooms (like in your house) - there are approximately 30 all in a row. Good for those of you with, shall we say, illegal predilictions.

Why Henry Drinks

Post by Why Henry Drinks »

thank you for all the advice i got the reviews from google terminal 5 and it was insane the reviews....who all on here is going?

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Why Henry Drinks wrote:thank you for all the advice i got the reviews from google terminal 5 and it was insane the reviews....who all on here is going?

Please see the NYE NYC thread!!! there is a start up list there.

gerg

Post by gerg »

Saw a sold out Spiritualized show there from the VIP area, stage right of the lower balcony. The sound was excellent and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the sound has been atrocious for the last three DBT shows I've seen, so who knows.