September Tour Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Barely_Oakely

Re: September Tour Dates

Post by Barely_Oakely »

beantownbubba wrote:
Barely_Oakely wrote: DBT with LBIII -

Sounds like the easiest sale I've ever made. What else do you need to know?

Ben Nichols is also one of my favorite song writers... And both shows are week days. This will require some planning.
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

jr29 wrote:Nashville sure would look nice September, 20.

It sure would! Memphis,Minglewood as it turns out then the Cannery would be an awesome weekend!
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time.

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

In for Dallas.
Tulsa is a four hour drive.
Memphis is 7, the day after a full on blow it out rawk show.
But if I do Tulsa (a slut backwards, jus sayin) that's two Vac days.
Could do Memphis for just one Vac day, or half if I fly.
Hmm, that takes the Friday Evening traffic out of the equation.
Solid maybe.
Having a broken heart wears you out.

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

mhc wrote:
OkieinTexas wrote:Iroquois Amphitheater in Louisville is a pretty cool venue. Saw Isbell there last year. Looking forward to this one a lot.

Been to about every venue in Louisville.
Still never been to Iroquois Amp.

Hey mhc, I had a question for someone familiar with Louisville venues. It seems like DBT is avoiding Headliners recently. They played there in Feb. of 2012 and it was a great show (though probably oversold) and haven't been back. Since that time they have played twice at Buster's in Lexington and once in Covington. Now they are playing at Iroquois. I wouldn't think much of it but Headliners has had a terrible lineup this year, with The Hold Steady the only good show so far. I would be interested in your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Fool No Where wrote:In for Dallas.
Tulsa is a four hour drive.
Memphis is 7, the day after a full on blow it out rawk show.
But if I do Tulsa (a slut backwards, jus sayin) that's two Vac days.
Could do Memphis for just one Vac day, or half if I fly.
Hmm, that takes the Friday Evening traffic out of the equation.
Solid maybe.

I believe we require your presence in Memphis. Oh and tell the fishin' pal he can't wriggle out this time!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

OkieinTexas wrote:
mhc wrote:
OkieinTexas wrote:Iroquois Amphitheater in Louisville is a pretty cool venue. Saw Isbell there last year. Looking forward to this one a lot.

Been to about every venue in Louisville.
Still never been to Iroquois Amp.

Hey mhc, I had a question for someone familiar with Louisville venues. It seems like DBT is avoiding Headliners recently. They played there in Feb. of 2012 and it was a great show (though probably oversold) and haven't been back. Since that time they have played twice at Buster's in Lexington and once in Covington. Now they are playing at Iroquois. I wouldn't think much of it but Headliners has had a terrible lineup this year, with The Hold Steady the only good show so far. I would be interested in your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure why Headliners has been nixed from the schedule, but I can say that the Iroquois Amphitheater is an awesome place to see a show. We saw Isbell there too...really enjoyed it and wondered at the time why DBT had never played there. Good move, it's a beautiful place!

rip_this_joint

Post by rip_this_joint »

Groupon is sellin tix to the Dallas show for $10. Also says Lucero is opening.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-drive-b ... 51a7999333

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Ten dollars!!! :shock:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

rip_this_joint wrote:Groupon is sellin tix to the Dallas show for $10. Also says Lucero is opening.

Belongs in the Wtf thread on several different levels
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

gepman

Post by gepman »

rip_this_joint wrote:Groupon is sellin tix to the Dallas show for $10. Also says Lucero is opening.

This is nuts and disturbing...
Tickets are listed at only 14.99 a piece on the DBT ticket page... As if that isn't cheap enough...
I can't understand how DBT AND Lucero can afford to play for this $ amount...

rip_this_joint

Post by rip_this_joint »

It's Groupon...they do this shit all the time. The deal is with the venue not the bands. I would venture to guess that neither bands fees are affected by how many $10 tickets are sold via Groupon. It's a big room. So far it says over 20 tix have been sold and there is a limited number at that price. Sale ends in 6 days. Day of the show prices at to venue go up to $27 I believe.

adavici

Post by adavici »

probesport wrote:"Detroit" show is going to be at the Royal Oak Music theater again - huge bummer as this was the worst venue I have seen DBT at, was hoping they would return to Detroit again.

Maybe it's time to make an out of state journey, would be the first year missing them :(

Update: What is the Louisville venue? May make that drive.

Yeah, back at the ROMT. Bummed about that as well. That last show was one of the weakest DBT show's I've seen. Took a bunch of first-timers who left pretty let down.

$50 ticket too boot. Was it $50 last time too? These guys work hard and deserve to be paid well, but $100 to get in with a date is a tough pill to swallow.

On the good side, Lee Bains III is opening. That's a huge plus for me. Haven't decided yet.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

adavici wrote:
probesport wrote:"Detroit" show is going to be at the Royal Oak Music theater again - huge bummer as this was the worst venue I have seen DBT at, was hoping they would return to Detroit again.

Maybe it's time to make an out of state journey, would be the first year missing them :(

Update: What is the Louisville venue? May make that drive.

Yeah, back at the ROMT. Bummed about that as well. That last show was one of the weakest DBT show's I've seen. Took a bunch of first-timers who left pretty let down.

$50 ticket too boot. Was it $50 last time too? These guys work hard and deserve to be paid well, but $100 to get in with a date is a tough pill to swallow.

On the good side, Lee Bains III is opening. That's a huge plus for me. Haven't decided yet.

I don't see what's so bad about the venue. I was at the show last November and had no issues with it except they divided the ticket holders by "hard tickets" and "will call" before doors.
I also don't recall that show being below DBT standard. What didn't you like about it?
The show in September is $25 per ticket at the DBT site btw...
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

gepman wrote:
rip_this_joint wrote:I can't understand how DBT AND Lucero can afford to play for this $ amount...

It's a big venue on a weekday night.

adavici

Post by adavici »

Bill in CT wrote:
adavici wrote:Yeah, back at the ROMT. Bummed about that as well. That last show was one of the weakest DBT show's I've seen. Took a bunch of first-timers who left pretty let down.

I don't see what's so bad about the venue. I was at the show last November and had no issues with it except they divided the ticket holders by "hard tickets" and "will call" before doors.
I also don't recall that show being below DBT standard. What didn't you like about it?

Hey Bill - Never been a fan of that venue. I hate how you can have a GA ticket but aren't guaranteed main floor unless you get there early (lest you'll be sent to the balcony). I've seen tons of shows there and the sound has never been good. I like going to Royal Oak - one of my fav bars is a couple blocks away, good food options, and parking is usually manageable, but I'm always disappointed when a tour I want to see stops there. I love the Crofoot and St. Andrews and would even take the Majestic over ROMT.

As far as the show last year, I thought it was probably the weakest set (of many,many) I've seen by them. I just thought they were flat that night in RO. There was a thread about it back then and a couple others agreed. Just seemed like an off night. They're entitled, they play a million shows and I know every one's not going to be life-changing, but it doesn't help my decision. Lee Bains III, however, may well get me over the hump.

My bad on the tickets. One of my friends on FB said it was $50/ticket. That's cool. I'll probably go (and probably would have) regardless...

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

That show last year was the day after the Halloween blowout.
A certain amount of "flat" was inevitable. I had fun.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

adavici wrote:
Bill in CT wrote:
adavici wrote:Yeah, back at the ROMT. Bummed about that as well. That last show was one of the weakest DBT show's I've seen. Took a bunch of first-timers who left pretty let down.

Hey Bill - Never been a fan of that venue. I hate how you can have a GA ticket but aren't guaranteed main floor unless you get there early (lest you'll be sent to the balcony). I've seen tons of shows there and the sound has never been good. I like going to Royal Oak - one of my fav bars is a couple blocks away, good food options, and parking is usually manageable, but I'm always disappointed when a tour I want to see stops there. I love the Crofoot and St. Andrews and would even take the Majestic over ROMT.

As far as the show last year, I thought it was probably the weakest set (of many,many) I've seen by them. I just thought they were flat that night in RO. There was a thread about it back then and a couple others agreed. Just seemed like an off night. They're entitled, they play a million shows and I know every one's not going to be life-changing, but it doesn't help my decision. Lee Bains III, however, may well get me over the hump.

My bad on the tickets. One of my friends on FB said it was $50/ticket. That's cool. I'll probably go (and probably would have) regardless...

Okay, fair enough. That's weird that they can send you to the balcony even if you have a GA ticket. It was my first concert in Michigan so I can't speak to the other venues you mention. I have friends who live 24 miles from Detroit who have never seen DBT. I'm thinking about seeing Royal Oak (and dragging them along) plus Champaign & Omaha this September. Maybe we can meet up for the show if I make the trip.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

Bill in CT wrote:Okay, fair enough. That's weird that they can send you to the balcony even if you have a GA ticket. It was my first concert in Michigan so I can't speak to the other venues you mention. I have friends who live 24 miles from Detroit who have never seen DBT. I'm thinking about seeing Royal Oak (and dragging them along) plus Champaign & Omaha this September. Maybe we can meet up for the show if I make the trip.

Quit thinking and start doing! I'll buy you a drink.

I agree last year's Royal Oak show was somewhat lackluster, though I felt that had more to do with the muddy sound than the band. The show the next night in Toronto was far superior.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

M E M P H I S

home of Elvis and the ancient Greeks
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

one belt loop wrote:M E M P H I S

And more great barbecue than you can shake a rib at.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

BBQ in Memphis is great but it's all about Gus's fried chicken! (this coming from someone who isn't a huge fried chicken fan)
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

And he was my favorite Uncle.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

adavici

Post by adavici »

Bill in CT wrote:Okay, fair enough. That's weird that they can send you to the balcony even if you have a GA ticket. It was my first concert in Michigan so I can't speak to the other venues you mention. I have friends who live 24 miles from Detroit who have never seen DBT. I'm thinking about seeing Royal Oak (and dragging them along) plus Champaign & Omaha this September. Maybe we can meet up for the show if I make the trip.

I think they're all GA tickets, but when the main floor is at capacity you're outta luck. They used to do the same thing downtown at the State Theater (aka The Fillmore) but I am not sure if they still do. Just sell MF/Balc tickets and avoid the whole issue.

Anyhow - for sure up for a drink if I make it over there, and always like being a good ambassador to the Detroit area. It's a great place to visit and has a lot to offer, despite what the rest of the country hears. And it's always been a stonghold for DBT. When they played the Lager House on the SRO tour Patterson told me that SRO sold more copies in the Detroit area than anywhere else outside of Alabama. Lots of great DBT shows over the years.

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

The Mrs and I are IN for the Tulsa show. Also thinking about hitting Fayetteville in October. She loves Houndmouth, which is gonna make it easier for me to talk her into it :mrgreen:

tweedrules

Post by tweedrules »

I smell home cooking.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

mgsooner wrote:The Mrs and I are IN for the Tulsa show. Also thinking about hitting Fayetteville in October. She loves Houndmouth, which is gonna make it easier for me to talk her into it :mrgreen:

George's isn't that bad a venue--I guess I just remember it when--but I don't know that I'm going to make the trip up from Little Rock on a Tuesday. I do think I'll make the Springfield, Missouri show the Saturday before. You might consider that one. It's not much further than Fayetteville.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Looking forward to Memphis. It will have been a good long stretch by then and the show jones will be fierce. Oh, and Gus' fried chicken? Damn son, that's the shit!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Looking forward to Memphis. It will have been a good long stretch by then and the show jones will be fierce. Oh, and Gus' fried chicken? Damn son, that's the shit!

Is it better than the branch location here in Little Rock? I mean, it's good here, but it's not that good.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:Looking forward to Memphis. It will have been a good long stretch by then and the show jones will be fierce. Oh, and Gus' fried chicken? Damn son, that's the shit!

Is it better than the branch location here in Little Rock? I mean, it's good here, but it's not that good.

Never had it anywhere else but it was the best fried chicken I ever had.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

tweedrules wrote:

I smell home cooking.

It's only the river.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba