oneofthesedays.org

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: oneofthesedays.org

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Has anyone heard back from ariedl about this? If it's a matter of money or even maintenance maybe we could help him get the site back up and running? Or maybe he's just done which I can respect but it's a huge loss.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Has anyone heard back from ariedl about this?

I have not. I emailed but assume others have PM'd?

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Has anyone heard back from ariedl about this? If it's a matter of money or even maintenance maybe we could help him get the site back up and running? Or maybe he's just done which I can respect but it's a huge loss.

I emailed him yesterday but haven't heard a word. I'm not sure what's behind his decision to pull the plug on One of These Days but hopefully a show of support will help him to have a change of heart.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

No one ever heard anything back on this? It's a damn shame. A huge resource lost.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

I haven't traded emails with Alec in about 6 months, but the more I think about it, I seem to remember him saying something about retooling the site. Hopefully, that's what is happening right now instead of it just being shut down permanently.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Tyler wrote:It still needs some cleanup, but I've imported the data dump, which actually dates a bit older than I thought...newest shows in are Feb 2010.

The shows are there though... e.g. http://www.26miledrive.com/song/532

Thanks for keeping this up to date!
Dave

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Hey Tyler, any chance of getting a searchable database on your site? One of the things I liked about OOTD was that you could plug in a year and see the shows. Honestly that was pretty much the only way I know if I saw a particular show or not. Unlike a lot of y'all I haven't kept a list or a spreadsheet or anything like that and the memory isn't what it once was.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I'd like to. I really want to change a lot of that stuff around. Maybe re-write a lot of it. Most of the current site I built in like... 2 days.

For now as a sort of workaround you can pull up individual tours via the drop down. Not quite as convenient but that will let you browse by date range.

artood2

Post by artood2 »

I know the people behind crowesbase.com, a Black Crowes Concert database it's got one of the better layouts for a concert database. So if you wanted to base the Truckers stuff on that I could likely get any technical pointers you might need.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I'm actually really solid on the back end...just all the user--facing designey type stuff that needs work.