Cooley, Hood and Isbell together for Terry Pace Benefit

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

SouthernFriedCanuck

Re: Cooley, Hood and Isbell together for Terry Pace Benefit

Post by SouthernFriedCanuck »

Sounds like anybody that got tickets is a lucky son of a bitch! This show should be pretty fuckin' cool. (understatement) I am eagerly waiting to purchase a dvd. Hopefully this show leads to others. 8-)
"It's fucking great to be alive!"

jbshelton

Post by jbshelton »

Pegasus sold 150 in 15 minutes, I was able to get two. A couple of years ago when the Shakes played the Shoals, tickets sold out in 30 or so minutes. A few weeks later they announced that they were opening up more tickets and had a very quick sale again. Maybe that'll be the case this time too.
"There ain't no Superman in this town...just 40 bottles and .38's."

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I was fortunate enough to have gotten two VIP tickets after giving up at 12:18 yesterday, it was only due to the urging of alquina who had just gotten tickets that I tried one more time and was successful. I am very grateful for that good fortune and the kick in the pants to try one more time, thanks alquina! The important thing to remember about all of it is this is going to raise a lot of money for Terry Pace and his family at a time when they really need some help. If you're going spend some money when you're there to raise some more and if you're not please consider donating directly http://www.gofundme.com/82ukq8 . thanks to all the good folks who put this together and thanks, of course, to Patterson, Cooley and Jason.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I was fortunate enough to have gotten two VIP tickets after giving up at 12:18 yesterday, it was only due to the urging of alquina who had just gotten tickets that I tried one more time and was successful. I am very grateful for that good fortune and the kick in the pants to try one more time, thanks alquina! The important thing to remember about all of it is this is going to raise a lot of money for Terry Pace and his family at a time when they really need some help. If you're going spend some money when you're there to raise some more and if you're not please consider donating directly http://www.gofundme.com/82ukq8 . thanks to all the good folks who put this together and thanks, of course, to Patterson, Cooley and Jason.

There should be a jar at the door for everyone w/ tickets to voluntarily put more money into to reflect the incredible bargain they got. If everyone put in a buck, that's a quick $700. If everyone put in the extra $20 they should have paid in the first place, that's $14,000.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Can't make it but donated online. This feels like a big deal in terms of the "new" and rejuvenated DBT, Jason and Amanda, etc., and the music scene we all love so much. Musicians supporting each other and their friends without drama or jealousy. What a concept. Everyone just seems so fucking happy these days. Of course, that happiness may be bad for the songwriting. :) Terry Pace is obviously a hell of guy. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Anyone know if they plan to have merch for sale at the event, maybe a t-shirt or poster to commemorate the occasion and help raise even more money for Mr. Pace?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

rlipps wrote:Anyone know if they plan to have merch for sale at the event, maybe a t-shirt or poster to commemorate the occasion and help raise even more money for Mr. Pace?

I am told tee shirts for sure and I'd guess a poster too.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Great to see the boys on the same stage again for such a worthy cause.
Only wish we could be there in person...
I'll never forget the night in 06 when Jason announced he was out of the DBT on his MySpace page ( man that seems like a long time ago), Lotta miles under our tires since then and now we get to hear them together again.
AWESOME!
Any chance of a Fathers Day Stream for this one?
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

PeterG wrote:I'll never forget the night in 06 when Jason announced he was out of the DBT on his MySpace page ( man that seems like a long time ago),

HollandHill wrote: Nearly went to the Charleston, S.C. show (I think in '07?) that turned out to be the last Isbell-included DBT show ever. Regretted not going ever since.

HollandHill

We went to the first night of those 2 shows. That and only going to the first night of the Dirt Underneath tour convinced me to never only go to one when there's going to be a second night.
From the next to last show with Jason

HollandHill, The guy that turned me on to DBT, Steve is bringing his brother, who lost his wife recently, to the Ponte Vedra show. His brother has been in a bad tailspin since she passed. We are doing what we can and know what your family is going thru. We wish yall the best and hope to meet yall.

Steve's reaction to Jason leaving (recorded in the swamp)
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

PeterG wrote:Great to see the boys on the same stage again for such a worthy cause.
Only wish we could be there in person...
I'll never forget the night in 06 when Jason announced he was out of the DBT on his MySpace page ( man that seems like a long time ago), Lotta miles under our tires since then and now we get to hear them together again.
AWESOME!
Any chance of a Fathers Day Stream for this one?

I have watched that clip several times over the years. Before I joined this board I was under the impression that it had already been decided and that Jason knew during this show that it was his last as a Trucker. You see the entire clip differently when you know that wasn't the case.

I sure wish I was going to be able to be at this show but maybe they'll do it again some time. And like I said, if there ends up being a DVD I will definitely buy one.

And you're right. I remember I had only been a Trucker fan for a few months and finding out that Jason was out. That seems like a really long time ago in so e ways and like yesterday in other ways.
Last edited by Cole Younger on Sat May 17, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I was fortunate enough to have gotten two VIP tickets after giving up at 12:18 yesterday, it was only due to the urging of alquina who had just gotten tickets that I tried one more time and was successful. I am very grateful for that good fortune and the kick in the pants to try one more time, thanks alquina! The important thing to remember about all of it is this is going to raise a lot of money for Terry Pace and his family at a time when they really need some help. If you're going spend some money when you're there to raise some more and if you're not please consider donating directly http://www.gofundme.com/82ukq8 . thanks to all the good folks who put this together and thanks, of course, to Patterson, Cooley and Jason.

What a nice thing to say,Tequila Cowboy! You made my day. :D The whole thing was just luck of the click...I sure feel bad that we all couldn't get tickets.

willsfc

Post by willsfc »

Remember Jason played with them in 2011 in Huntsville

HollandHill

Post by HollandHill »

Swamp wrote:
PeterG wrote:I'll never forget the night in 06 when Jason announced he was out of the DBT on his MySpace page ( man that seems like a long time ago),

HollandHill wrote: Nearly went to the Charleston, S.C. show (I think in '07?) that turned out to be the last Isbell-included DBT show ever. Regretted not going ever since.

HollandHill

We went to the first night of those 2 shows. That and only going to the first night of the Dirt Underneath tour convinced me to never only go to one when there's going to be a second night.
From the next to last show with Jason

HollandHill, The guy that turned me on to DBT, Steve is bringing his brother, who lost his wife recently, to the Ponte Vedra show. His brother has been in a bad tailspin since she passed. We are doing what we can and know what your family is going thru. We wish yall the best and hope to meet yall.

Steve's reaction to Jason leaving (recorded in the swamp)

Thanks. I've got a bunch of family/friends going to the PV show. We should pull together somehow.

HollandHill

olwiggum
Site Admin

Post by olwiggum »

Fun story:
The first time I saw DBT was in 2002 at the Nick in Birmingham. My wife and I were there (she wasn't my wife yet) and she had a panic attack as soon as they started playing so we left after just a few songs. DBT played at the Chukker in Tuscaloosa a couple of nights later and I went with Terry Pace. That's the first time that I met the band.

Looking forward to seeing some of you folks at the show. I'll be working in some capacity (either at the door, merch table, or something).

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

olwiggum wrote:Fun story:
The first time I saw DBT was in 2002 at the Nick in Birmingham.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure wish I could make this one - would be nice to see you again.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

olwiggum wrote:Fun story:
The first time I saw DBT was in 2002 at the Nick in Birmingham. My wife and I were there (she wasn't my wife yet) and she had a panic attack as soon as they started playing so we left after just a few songs. DBT played at the Chukker in Tuscaloosa a couple of nights later and I went with Terry Pace. That's the first time that I met the band.

I lived within walking distance of the Nick from March 2001 through February 2002 and never went to a single show there, by myself or with my then-soon-to-be wife. Her ex-husband, my best friend, was running sound at the late lamented Chukker, where I once had a drink with him yet never saw a band.

Your story is better than mine, but mine is the story I've got.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

jbshelton

Post by jbshelton »

Please let me know if anybody ends up with an unspoken-for ticket. I have a friend who missed out Thursday and I'm trying to find him one. Thanks!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Jason just shared this Paste piece and Tweeted that he was "very excited".

Jason Isbell to join Patterson Hood, Mike Cooley for Benefit Show

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

jbshelton wrote:Please let me know if anybody ends up with an unspoken-for ticket. I have a friend who missed out Thursday and I'm trying to find him one. Thanks!

I'm in the same boat, had a buddy that told me not to worry about getting him a ticket cause someone else was going to get them a few. Missed out, and now he's bummed because we ended up with tix and he didn't. I think he'd even tried the secondary market, but hadn't been able to find any via that method, so hopefully that means that most of the people that ended up with tickets are fans and actually attending the show instead of trying to make a profit.

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

same here, if anyone ends up with 2 extra I'll gladly take them off your hands and make a donation in your honor as well.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

i just want 1. i wana go so bad i will pay 150 for general admission

jbshelton

Post by jbshelton »

rlipps wrote:
jbshelton wrote:Please let me know if anybody ends up with an unspoken-for ticket. I have a friend who missed out Thursday and I'm trying to find him one. Thanks!

I'm in the same boat, had a buddy that told me not to worry about getting him a ticket cause someone else was going to get them a few. Missed out, and now he's bummed because we ended up with tix and he didn't. I think he'd even tried the secondary market, but hadn't been able to find any via that method, so hopefully that means that most of the people that ended up with tickets are fans and actually attending the show instead of trying to make a profit.

Yeah, it sucks that they're not around and it's a great thing at the same time. I understand demand, capitalism, blah blah, but trying to profit from a benefit show is beyond shitty IMO.

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

Does anyone have hotel recommendations

TrickyNick

Post by TrickyNick »

A few newer hotels in the area. Shouldn't be too much of an issue for a Sunday night. The Marriott on the river is excellent, but there is a Hampton Inn downtown that is around 2 miles from the theater.

SouthCarolinaRed

Post by SouthCarolinaRed »

Still waving flag for one ticket so husband can go with. I must say I have been overall very pleasantly surprised while personally dismayed that no tickets have shown up on eBay, stubhub, etc.
The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits

jbshelton

Post by jbshelton »

hanklow wrote:Does anyone have hotel recommendations

Hampton downtown is the closest to the theatre. Hotels.com has it for under $100 right now.

John A Arkansawyer

SouthCarolinaRed wrote:Still waving flag for one ticket so husband can go with. I must say I have been overall very pleasantly surprised while personally dismayed that no tickets have shown up on eBay, stubhub, etc.

Yeah, that makes it a lot easier to swallow. I'd've paid more for it to go to the cause, but as far as putting one fucking penny into the pocket of some commercial scalper, well, fuck that shit. I hate those people with a vengeance.

(And if you do find two tickets, let me know.)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

still praying for 1

John A Arkansawyer

I'm not the only person who's going back there and refreshing the page every now and then just in case, am I?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'm not the only person who's going back there and refreshing the page every now and then just in case, am I?

In the business world, that would simply be called "best practices." Keep going back, my man, keep going back. Fingers crossed for you and everyone here who got shut out.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard