Lockn' Music Festival, Sept 4-7

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Lockn' Music Festival, Sept 4-7

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

allisonsdc wrote:From the Lockn' website: "LOCKN' Music Festival announces Lettuce and Bill Kreutzmann's Locknstep Allstars will be joining the lineup for 2014!"

Uhhhh, Bill Kreutzmann's Locknstep Allstars?

That's sure to get the juices flowin' for y'all huh?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

“It’s been hard to message that our event is going to be OK. It’s not going to be a place where people go to where they are harassed by over- zealous law enforcement.”

Best Beverage Company already is signed on to oversee the beverage and food sales for this year’s festival, and the decision will not impact this year’s event because of the timing of the appeals process. The company has 30 days to file an appeal, and a hearing date will be set after that.

“Given that the appeal period runs through the end of August, it is improbable that the Board would issue its final order before the September Lockn’ Festival date.”
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/l ... b2370.html
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:This might not suck at all.

This could actually turn out to be quite cool. I saw Bill Kreutzmann play with Travis from String Cheese in Denver about ten years ago and it was fantastic. It will definitely be an interesting set, especially with the additions of Taj Mahal and the keyboardist from the Disco Biscuits.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Never seen DBT at a festival. Looks like they will get 75 minutes, starting at 4:45pm Friday. That's actually a really cool time to play/watch at Lockn', assuming the weather is like last year. Can't wait.

But here's my question: think they will do more of a "greatest hits" for the festival crowd, or keep it as EO-heavy as the last 6 months? Seems like a great opportunity to indoctrinate the masses with the full display of bad-assery.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

ramonz wrote:But here's my question: think they will do more of a "greatest hits" for the festival crowd, or keep it as EO-heavy as the last 6 months? Seems like a great opportunity to indoctrinate the masses with the full display of bad-assery.

I've only seen one (I believe) festival (Memphis in May), but my guess would be that the band would do more of a "greatest hits" set. I'm at Locken' for the weekend, but I live close enough that I'm going to try to work part of the day Friday. I'll see how that works out. I wish DBT was playing a little later in the afternoon evening. I'm also planning to work Monday. The Allman Brothers are starting pretty early on Sunday night, but I'm still worried I'll need toothpicks to keep my eyes open on Monday morning. I'm sure I'll be singing "the ole' grey mare just ain't what she used to be!"

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Beaverdam wrote:
I've only seen one (I believe) festival (Memphis in May), but my guess would be that the band would do more of a "greatest hits" set.

One festival with DBT I should say. I've been to several big music festivals....

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

ramonz wrote:think they will do more of a "greatest hits" for the festival crowd, or keep it as EO-heavy as the last 6 months? Seems like a great opportunity to indoctrinate the masses with the full display of bad-assery.

I'm hoping for a full-on display of bad-assery. I've seen two DBT festival sets -- the Haymaker Festival in Virginia in 2005, and a festival in Charleston, SC in 2006. Each time they played sets that, in my opinion, were designed to indoctrinate the masses (which I thought was a good call).

Looking forward to spending time this weekend getting my van ready and fully stocked for the festivities. One week away - cannot wait! 8-)

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

WNRN in Charlottesville this week has been playing an original song by a group playing at Lockn' this year, then a cover of the same song by another group playing at Lockn'. I missed if they played Tom Petty's "Rebels" and the DBT cover of it from The Fine Print. That would've been a perfect combination. See you all at The Rock Show.....

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

Hitting the road this afternoon :D :D :D

If you come across a white VW Westfalia pop-top with DC tags and covered in DBT stickers in the car camping area, stop by and say hello. Have a beer.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Heading out early tomorrow morn for a full day of Friday goodness. Can't wait!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Last night was fun. String Cheese and Umphreys were good. I relaxed on the ground for a while and just watched the lights from the stage seemingly play with the stars. I'm really looking forward to the ABB on Sunday; I haven't seen them since '98 or so in college!

Because I live so close and was with a friend who needed to come home, I came home last night, slept in my own bed, took a shower in my bathroom, and actually went into work for awhile this morning.

I'm fixin' to head back to Lockn 'in a couple of hours and get geared up for DBT and all the other musical goodness. I know DBT has a show tomorrow in Wilmington (I believe), but I'm wondering if any of the guys will stick around for a while and come out and jam with any other artists. I sure hope so.

See you at the ROCK SHOW, my friends!

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

im in Bristol,VA rite now. how much is a ticket. didnt realize i was only 3 and a half hours away.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

dbtfan4life wrote:im in Bristol,VA rite now. how much is a ticket. didnt realize i was only 3 and a half hours away.

Looks like you can still get a day ticket for today for $120 at the gate. Here's a link:

http://www.locknfestival.com/tickets.html

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

thanks man

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Two hours 'til touch down! Can't wait.

wooswiff

Post by wooswiff »

Was looking around for streaming and the only thing I could find was the official webcast stream that costs $20 SD / $25 HD to the stream the full day's worth of shows:

http://nugs.tv/

Would be cool to catch the whole thing but that's more than I want to pay just to catch the DBT set. Given that they're charging for this as an official webcast, probably unlikely that there will be any unofficial streams allowed. Oh well; to those who are attending, have an awesome time!
Sneaked up them stairs

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

just got a text from my uncle who went to Lockn'... Great sho. DBT saved my weekend. Too many hippies here, needed some rock n roll.. lol gotta love it

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

Rocking set list to match a hot afternoon at Lockn in beautiful Nelson County Virginia.

High lights included a wide open Lookout Mountain for the opener (always a good start), Gravity's Gone, Bulldozers and Dirt (with Cooley laying a deep bass vocal underneath), Living Bubba (complete with the awesome sign language lady on stage left, signing "wear a rubber and be careful who you screw"), Pauline Hawkins, Putting People on the Moon, Shit Shots Count, Three Dimes Down, Sink Hole, Zip City, and Grand Canyon as the closer (Patterson and Mike had a drink together as the song ended and as Patterson exited the big screen showed him walking backstage with a tree-lined background, bottle in hand).

Well done, perfect set list for a big outdoor venue.

Sidenote detail: Patterson was rocking a cool pair of green and yellow Puma kicks for the afternoon show.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Now we know. Bad assery it is.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Heard Patterson was going to do a solo set at midnight--anyone?
Always go to the show

Clams

Post by Clams »

Jonicont wrote:Heard Patterson was going to do a solo set at midnight--anyone?

one of my good friends is there and he says that patterson did play a late-night set, but only for VIP's (whatever that means).
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

no riff-raff.

swvagator

Post by swvagator »

awesome set. If i was going to a a festival set of DBT, thats the setlist id want. havent listened, but if they are still playin like they were down here in Florida then the show prolly sounds great.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

Great festival, great weekend. Aside from the DBT set, the Chris Robinson Brotherhood late night was the absolute highlight for me -- they were killing it for 2 and a half hours straight. Anybody catch that show? Also, anyone know where I can find a recording of it? I haven't looked very hard yet, but didn't see it on archive or panicstream.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Glad you got to see the CRB - those cats are my boys....going to see them next week at Tips in NOLA and the annual three day blowout in Charleston at the end of Oct.

They usually record thier gigs, but you got to pay for them via Nuggs. I think Slipkid was going to be there too. Glad y'all had fun.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Rocky wrote:Image

I had this same pose several rows back but was holding an air guitar rather than a real one. Wonder why no one posted my picture???

Thanks for the link to the archived concerts Ramonz when I'm home from work, I'll see if I can listen. I really hope the Chris Robinson Brotherhood is on here; this was my first time seeing them but thought the show was awesome and would love to listen again.

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County