Columbia, MO 4/17/2014 - The Blue Note

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

BB Coach

Columbia, MO 4/17/2014 - The Blue Note

Post by BB Coach »

Great venue downtown Columbia. My first show there. Lots of balcony seating, and plenty of room down on the floor. The band sounded great and seemed enthused to start another leg of the tour. Little different attire....all wore suit jackets (except Matt wearing denim). Patterson and EZB did shed theirs before show was half through, but Cooley wore his jacket the whole show. I have not seen that except for maybe TV appearances. Great rockin set.....one of the best I have seen. 8 off EO and 16 classics. Highlight was a funked up version of Goods Field Road. And never get tired of Sink Hole, Ronnie, WWW, Where the Devil Don't Stay and Lookout Mountain.
Set List 4/17/2014
Primer Coat
Part of Him
Ghost to Most
Goods Field Road
Shit Shots Count
When He's Gone
Hearing Jimmy Loud
Ronnie and Neil
Space City
Pauline Hawkins
Made Up English Oceans
Sink Hole
Women Without Whiskey
Heathens
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Hell No I Aint Happy

E: 3 Dimes Down
Why Henry Drinks
Marry Me
Margot and Harold
Zip City
Lookout Mountain
Shut Up and Get On the Plane
Grand Canyon

Tyler
Site Admin

Re: Columbia, MO 4/17/2014 - The Blue Note

Post by Tyler »

Thanks!

Was waiting for a full setlist to surface...

Posted: http://www.26miledrive.com/show/37

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Yeah, thanks coach. Sounds like a good show.

It's always weird when there's a rock show and nobody from 3dd is there to report it. Kind of like that tree falling in the forest. I hope we get some news about tonite's show. I KNOW tomw is covered w/ all those colorado crazies :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

beantownbubba wrote:Yeah, thanks coach. Sounds like a good show.

It's always weird when there's a rock show and nobody from 3dd is there to report it. Kind of like that tree falling in the forest. I hope we get some news about tonite's show. I KNOW tomw is covered w/ all those colorado crazies :)

I can't believe I forgot to post. I was there!

Great show as BB Coach said. Came right out the door rocking. Funny story there was a lady there who was probably in her 40's, she kept pushing her way to the front of the stage. She would write on a napkin, wad it up and throw it between PH and MC. bout the third time they kicked one off the stage. Pretty funny, not sure what she was trying to accomplish.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

hendooman wrote:I can't believe I forgot to post.

That's pretty good evidence that you were there.

hendooman wrote: not sure what she was trying to accomplish.

A. She wanted to make a request;
B. She was trying to get a date; or
C. She was trying to serve a paternity suit.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

BB Coach

Post by BB Coach »

hendooman wrote:

Great show as BB Coach said. Came right out the door rocking. Funny story there was a lady there who was probably in her 40's, she kept pushing her way to the front of the stage. She would write on a napkin, wad it up and throw it between PH and MC. bout the third time they kicked one off the stage. Pretty funny, not sure what she was trying to accomplish.

We were sitting in the corner of the balcony. Decided to watch one from a different perspective than the floor and we noticed the napkins she was throwing on the stage. When PH threw a couple back she kind of disappeared. Beantown probably got it right.....probably the date thing! I loved the beginning of 3dd start of the encore when the Flying V must have broke a string and Cooley was giving the cut sign across his neck and the rest of the guys just jammed until he could grab the Baxendale. :lol:

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

beantownbubba wrote:
hendooman wrote:I can't believe I forgot to post.

That's pretty good evidence that you were there.

hendooman wrote: not sure what she was trying to accomplish.

A. She wanted to make a request;
B. She was trying to get a date; or
C. She was trying to serve a paternity suit.

I asked her because she was standing by me when she threw them but it was so loud I just shook my head like I understood what she said! I might have done this to my wife a time or two, ha ha

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

BB Coach wrote:
hendooman wrote:

We were sitting in the corner of the balcony. Decided to watch one from a different perspective than the floor and we noticed the napkins she was throwing on the stage. When PH threw a couple back she kind of disappeared. Beantown probably got it right.....probably the date thing! I loved the beginning of 3dd start of the encore when the Flying V must have broke a string and Cooley was giving the cut sign across his neck and the rest of the guys just jammed until he could grab the Baxendale. :lol:

Yeah seems like Cooley had a couple equipment issues with his guitars. The second time he seemed a little frustrated.

BB Coach

Post by BB Coach »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEuvdetq ... detailpage
Here is the youtube on the 3dd song. Several others from that night have been posted.