Madison

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

roryg

Madison

Post by roryg »

Now this is going to be a hoot. Barrymore on a Friday night - there are even brewpubs almost equidistant from the venue. Now if only Wes would do a Wisconsin poster...

Iowan

Re: Madison

Post by Iowan »

I'll be there.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

In.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

beergut

Post by beergut »

Well shit.

I guess I'd better take a ride west after last nights show.
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Got tickets months ago. I've never been to the Barrymore, but I was at the Majestic the last time the boys were in town. It's too bad that Milwaukee was last night, instead of Saturday night... I'd love to have been able to pull off the trifecta.
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

It shall be a fine night of (hopefully) watching the Wolverines move on to the Elite 8, followed by a rawk show. Me and the Mrs. are in.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

That show at the Majestic was epic. Possibly my favorite DBT show that I attended.

http://oneofthesedays.org/search/setlis ... 10&Date=23

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Iowan wrote:That show at the Majestic was epic. Possibly my favorite DBT show that I attended.

Yeah, that was an incredible show. Y'all have fun tomorrow. If you're looking for food there are several good restaurants around there, including a Thai place I can't quite remember the name of, but the diner across the street is really good if you're into that sort of thing and they have vegetarian fare as well for those that go that way.

http://www.montysblueplatediner.com/
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Iowan wrote:That show at the Majestic was epic. Possibly my favorite DBT show that I attended.

Do you remember the guys up front chanting "We want Shonna?" I found out a year or two ago that one of them was my college room mates brother in law. Small world, right? He's a good guy, but I remember being plenty pissed at him at the time.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Barely_Oakely wrote:

Do you remember the guys up front chanting "We want Shonna?" I found out a year or two ago that one of them was my college room mates brother in law. Small world, right? He's a good guy, but I remember being plenty pissed at him at the time.

I vaguely remember that. She was only in the band for about a month after that.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Yeah, she seemed pretty detached by that point and those ass hats heckling her probably made her choice that much easier. When I met the dude, and I put the pieces together I chastised him for being the ass hole that made Shonna quit. Bad form.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Barely_Oakely wrote:

They started the chant, but two members of my crew chimed right in (Thacker aka Mr. Fantasy and Justin) .

I'm a game time decision for this one. If I get there, I'll be showing up right at 8 and figure out where to crash afterwards. Get there early for Blitzen Trapper y'all. They brought it last week. One of the more formidable acts that I have seen share a bill with DBT.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Barely_Oakely wrote:Yeah, she seemed pretty detached by that point and those ass hats heckling her probably made her choice that much easier. When I met the dude, and I put the pieces together I chastised him for being the ass hole that made Shonna quit. Bad form.

It wasn't a mean chant. Let's not speculate that the chant was the breaking point.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Oh I kid. Her mind was made up long before that. I just wanted to give him some shit.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Barely_Oakely wrote:Oh I kid. Her mind was made up long before that. I just wanted to give him some shit.

Gotcha. I was with the pregnant wife in the balcony and found it amusing.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Barely_Oakely wrote:Yeah, she seemed pretty detached by that point and those ass hats heckling her probably made her choice that much easier. When I met the dude, and I put the pieces together I chastised him for being the ass hole that made Shonna quit. Bad form.

FYI - Shonna didn't quit the band.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

I always forgot that... Oh well, fuck it, I don't want to derail the thread. See you folks tomorrow night!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Barely_Oakely wrote:

I hope that wasn't my buddy Dan. He had a crush on Shonna and made it known at more than one show.

We were right down in front. Chatted with TC and GW for awhile, as well as drtpants.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Nice guy from Chicago area, probably early thirties. I wish I remembered his name. He had a good story about meeting Dickie Betts in a elevator.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

I'll be pre-gaming at Wilson's Bar, about a block from the Barrymore. Iowan, stop by if you can so I can pay my debt.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Leaving Minneapolis now. Night number two! It'll be hard to top last night, but the boys seem to be in fine form. I can't wait.

beergut

Post by beergut »

One barrel brewery (a few blocks east) is where the wife and I will be beginning our afternoon/evening.
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

anyone know if dbt takes cards at the merch table? trying to figure out how little cash i can get away with carrying.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Getting lunch at AJ Bomber's right now and then checking into the hotel. Cabbing up to Ale Asylum, and will probably hit One Barrel and Wilson's before the show. I'll be the guy in Iowa State shit.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Duke Silver wrote:anyone know if dbt takes cards at the merch table? trying to figure out how little cash i can get away with carrying.

They've taken cards at every show I've ever been to except one when the card machine wasn't working.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

brett27295 wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:anyone know if dbt takes cards at the merch table? trying to figure out how little cash i can get away with carrying.

They've taken cards at every show I've ever been to except one when the card machine wasn't working.

cool, thanks. it's been a few years since i've seen them and i couldn't remember.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

just saw on twitter that the DBT sold out 2nite's show as well as last nite 2!! hell yea!! u lucky northerners are getting some kickass shows!!!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Gut feeling is that tonight is gonna be batshit crazy.

beergut

Post by beergut »

Iowan wrote:Gut feeling is that tonight is gonna be batshit crazy.

Ayup!

Nothing like being the procrastinator that I am.

The lady on the phone at the Barrymoore box office said that I literally got the last two tickets. :o

beergut

Post by beergut »

Well, wife is not feeling up to it, so I've got one extra should someone need it.

Leaving brewtown for madtown shortly.

Ticket has been spoken for.