Old Assholes

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

heartbreaker1976

Re: Old Assholes

Post by heartbreaker1976 »

Smitty wrote:via FB

John Neff
Well that was a lot of fun, opening for Leon Russell at The Cox Capital Theatre in Macon, GA! A couple of memorable quotes from the evening;
"Y'all sound like Levon Helms' The Band, Linda Rondstadt, and Carrie Underwood."- a guy named Keith. And..."Oh yeah, Drive-by Suckers."-Leon Russell.

also "Go see a "Rock Show" a world of stupidity awaits you".

Neff = jealous asshole

I'm sure he's reveling in making less money than a cover band.

LastLawson

Post by LastLawson »

Really fucking low is all I'll say about that comment.
Heading to HC Friday and Saturday - first timer!

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Well damn now Leon Russell seems like an old asshole too!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

heartbreaker1976 wrote:

John Neff
Well that was a lot of fun, opening for Leon Russell at The Cox Capital Theatre in Macon, GA! A couple of memorable quotes from the evening;
"Y'all sound like Levon Helms' The Band, Linda Rondstadt, and Carrie Underwood."- a guy named Keith. And..."Oh yeah, Drive-by Suckers."-Leon Russell.

Neff = jealous asshole

The difference between how Shonna/Neff have handled themselves post-DBT vs. Jason is night and day
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:
lotusamerica wrote:Oh effin hell.

Nugent is an asshole. Try to find a way to say he's not. He called Obama a subhuman mongrel.

well obama feels his people are mongrels too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-PjiG-SnX8

There are 2 possibilities:

1. You actually believe what you're saying. I find that somewhere between difficult and impossible to believe; or
2. You enjoy obfuscating and deflecting attention from the assholic things that assholes say. It's not clear to me what you get out of that but watching that and responding to it is about 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I figure that's worth a beer from you the next time we meet.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

heartbreaker1976

Isbell = Class Act

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Lone Wolf1 wrote:
lotusamerica wrote:Oh effin hell.

Nugent is an asshole. Try to find a way to say he's not. He called Obama a subhuman mongrel.

well obama feels his people are mongrels too

1. You actually believe what you're saying. I find that somewhere between difficult and impossible to believe; or
I figure that's worth a beer from you the next time we meet.

does obama believe what he said? "we are sort of a mongrel people. we're all kinda mixed up"

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The town of Longview, TX paid Ted Nugent a deer carcass full of money to NOT appear at a city function. The Motor City nut job was scheduled to play Cat Scratch Fever or whatever at the Maude Cobb Convention and Activity Center during their Fourth of July show. The townsfolk were pissed off about this because, you know, Ted Nugent is a crazy asshole that even rednecks got tired of long ago. So, Longview offered him $16,000, half of his 32K fee, to please stay the fuck away. The legendary guitarist and gun nut has said some controversial shit over the years that has pissed off a lot of people. Most recently he called the President a “subhuman mongrel”. I myself saw him live once opening for KISS and he went on a rant about killing people who don’t speak English with his compound bow. Sorry, abuela. Who knew after all these years all you had to do to get him to go away was give him money? Can we take up a collection as a nation and get him to move somewhere where we never have to hear him or Stranglehold ever again? Maybe we can airdrop him into Crimea with a quiver full of arrows and tell him not to stop until he gets to Red Square. He’d probably make it too. Only to find Putin paying him to go away as well.

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

PonyGirl

Post by PonyGirl »

I think that journalist is on to something. I'd certainly watch the Ted Nugent vs. Vladimir Putin, in an epic battle of douchebags.
His facial expression is terrifying. He's basically the equine Chucky.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Lone Wolf1 wrote:well obama feels his people are mongrels too

I figure that's worth a beer from you the next time we meet.

does obama believe what he said? "we are sort of a mongrel people. we're all kinda mixed up"

Yes. He does. Are you actually implying that what Nugent said is the same as what Obama said? Wait. Why be rhetorical? That's exactly what you're saying. It's just that I can't believe it.

Let me tell you what your comments say to me about you: You either hate Obama or love Nugent so much that you're willing to act as if you don't understand English and have never had a conversation with another human being. You are willing to lose all credibility w/ everyone who will ever read your posts. Understand that this has nothing to do w/ whether Obama or Nugent are "good" or "bad" or "right" or "wrong;" it has to do w/ taking a position that declares to the world that you either (i) simply do not understand English or (ii) hate Obama so much that you are willing to totally embarrass yourself in order to pretend (and there is no other possibility) that Obama and Nugent used the same word in the same way and that that word is incapable of being used differently.

If that's really what you want, congratulations, you've got it. I don't understand it, but I'm not gonna fight you on it.

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

i'm just a contrarian :D

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:i'm just an old asshole:D

ftfy

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

cute tinny :)

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

heartbreaker1976 wrote:

John Neff

Neff = jealous asshole

Neff is a great guitarist but he seems intent on becoming the poster boy for the unexamined life. I'll be interested to see what happens when he and Shonna break up.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

neff's pedal steel was good. but Jays got him beat on guitar

heartbreaker1976

The first show I saw with Jay on guitar I was honestly thinking...oh man, what are they doing...get a new guitar player and let that guy play keys...

2nd show (Dubuque last fall)....hey this guys pretty good.

And now listening to the shows so far on this tour...JAY IS THE MAN...

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

PonyGirl wrote:I think that journalist is on to something. I'd certainly watch the Ted Nugent vs. Vladimir Putin, in an epic battle of douchebags.

My money is on Vlad, unless they're armed with live marmosets, which would make it probably a draw.

John Neff

I don't quite get it. (I mean, I get the part where he's making fun of a guy named Keith.) Is he saying that Leon Russell said that Eye Candy sounded like Drive-By Suckers? I think so. But, as Bob Dylan once asked a guy blowing an air horn during a show, "What are you trying to say, man? What do you mean?"
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:i'm just an old asshole:D

Comming out of the closet. Me too :D
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Hud

Post by Hud »

UTHeathen wrote:This may be unrelated, but I learned a very important lesson many years ago. I say I learned, but I still need to be reminded now and then, that if someone wants to get into an asshole contest, let them win every time, because only a real asshole wants to win an asshole contest.

love that one
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

:roll: :lol: = this thread

heartbreaker1976 wrote:Neff = jealous asshole

I really don't get the math here if Leon Russel made the quote.
Kinda shoot the messenger mentality.

heartbreaker1976 wrote:I'm sure he's reveling in making less money than a cover band.

While more money is always good, I've never saw Neff smile like he does these days.

Lone Wolf1 wrote:i'm just a contrarian :D

I'm not one of those that insist my party is better than yours.
I voted for "W" the first time. I gave Obama a second chance.
And I got run from the Nuge board for being too liberal long befoe Obama.
So if Teddy runs, he's got my vote cause all them politicians are lying sacks of shit
and one asshole is as good as another.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

attaboy swampy! 8-)

LastLawson

Post by LastLawson »

I'm not saying that current politicians are even close to being saints... but comparing them to Nugent? Someone who's admitted to pedophilia, and is clearly racist. Nuh-uh. You can't honestly/rationally make that comparison.

Jim&Jewell

Post by Jim&Jewell »

Swamp and I have the same recent voting history concerning the office referred to. I refuse to adhere to a one-party, one all encompassing political alliance. I feel that as long as the public is split into two main poiltical groups we will never have the abity to unite for a common good. I also feel there are plenty of intelligent people willing to actually work toward middle ground that will benefit all in the long haul. The media has always swayed people to some extent, but technology has opened so many more avenues for a mixture of facts and bullshit to make its way to almost everyone. Conspiracy theorists thrive in this age. I have actually had people tell me things like, "We are at war with Russia." and "Obama is going to reinstitute the draft and take every man under fifty." I just hope to see the day when we as Americans will wake up and see that both sides of the coin have been prospering at our expense, and a great deal of us are cheerleaders for one side or the other. But since I 'm an old asshole I doubt it will happen. Back to Ted. I saw Ted Nugent several times in concert. I wore out several 8 Tracks of his. I never heard him complain about the weed I know he smelled during his shows. When did he become so vocal against alcohol and drugs? I'm guessing had he displayed his current viewpoint on pot and booze in the 70s there would have been some empty seats at the venue. His viewpoints on virtually everything would have alienated himself most of his fans back then, yet he claims to have had the same viewpoints then as he has now. I think he is playing to an audience now just like he was then. A different audience, but an audience no less. I still like his music.
Can you tell me how to tell when I've had enough?

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

LastLawson wrote: Someone who's admitted to pedophilia, and is clearly racist.
really? post a link proving this statement

LastLawson

Post by LastLawson »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:
LastLawson wrote: Someone who's admitted to pedophilia, and is clearly racist.
really? post a link proving this statement

Pedophilia:

http://crooksandliars.com/heather/romne ... multiple-a

http://www.examiner.com/article/romney- ... s-so-video

Racism: http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/0 ... nio/192618

Favorite quotes:

Nugent: African-American Rappers Appearing On MTV Are "Big Uneducated Greasy Black Mongrels."

Or this exchange:

NUGENT: You know how many times I've watched MTV? Once in my fucking life.

MACK: You got to be on top of these things.

NUGENT: I don't have to. You know what I'm on top of? I'm on top of a real America with working hard, playing hard, white motherfucking shit kickers, who are independent and get up in the morning.

MACK: Aren't there any blacks?

NUGENT: Show me one. Show me one.

MACK: There's plenty of them.

NUGENT: Show me one.

LastLawson

Post by LastLawson »

So Swamp & LoneWolf, still want to vote for that old asshole?

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Jim&Jewell wrote:Back to Ted. I saw Ted Nugent several times in concert. I wore out several 8 Tracks of his. I never heard him complain about the weed I know he smelled during his shows. When did he become so vocal against alcohol and drugs? I'm guessing had he displayed his current viewpoint on pot and booze in the 70s there would have been some empty seats at the venue. His viewpoints on virtually everything would have alienated himself most of his fans back then, yet he claims to have had the same viewpoints then as he has now. I think he is playing to an audience now just like he was then. A different audience, but an audience no less. I still like his music.

I remember him saying he was drug and alcohol free back in the 70's. Perhaps he didn't make as big of a deal out of it as he does now but I definitely remember him mentioning it in interviews. I still enjoy listening to stuff from his first 3-4 records myself but nearly any time he opens his trap now, he says something to turn my stomach. He's always had diarrhea of the mouth, it just that now he's spewing hatred instead of just talking shit in general. There's one segment of the Behind the Music special VH1 did on him where he's just lying on the stage basically getting off on hearing the sound of his own voice.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

:lol:
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

He's clearly said things that are racist, but I'm not going to call him a racist on that account, because the cat says all sorts of shit all the time. The story about how he skipped out on Vietnam? A great story which he now denies. So why should I believe anything he says? I also figure he really does like sleeping with younger women, but calling him a pedophile isn't accurate. One of those stories makes exactly that point. With the exception of the Courtney Love story, all those young women he had sex with sound older than children. That may be wrong, and that may be illegal, but it's not pedophilia, which carries a particular (and deserved) stigma.

Did I just defend Ted Nugent? Shit. I think I did.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Did I just defend Ted Nugent? Shit. I think I did.

Yeah, you did. But not very convincingly so I think you're safe.