DBT House of Blues Myrtle Beach, SC 6/7/14

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Jim&Jewell

Re: DBT House of Blues Myrtle Beach, SC 6/7/14

Post by Jim&Jewell »

Dabs and bourbon. Ready to rock. I love my wife.
Can you tell me how to tell when I've had enough?

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

Dabs?

Jim&Jewell

Post by Jim&Jewell »

Damn what a show! Got a fist bump from Patterson during Let There Be Rock! Got it on video! Back home letting it all doak in. I needed that.
Can you tell me how to tell when I've had enough?

pbr man

Post by pbr man »

Set list

Birthday Boy
Girls Who Smoke
Primer Coat
Something Got To Give
Natural Light
Company I Keep
Shit Shots
Putting People on the Moon
Space City
Pauline Hawkins
Gravity's Gone
Goode's Field Road
Where Devil Don't Stay
Hell No

Encore
English Oceans
Sinkhole
Hearing Jimmy
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Grand Canyon

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Very solid show last night, nothing epic but you typical high energy DBT show. House of Blues is a very nice venue. Plenty of bars, large clean bathrooms, awesome decor, and AC that actually works & cools the place down even during the show.

Highlight of the show for me was Company I Keep. Now I've seen this live numerous times but I don't think I've ever seen or heard the crowd go as absolutely batshit crazy during and after it as I did last night. Patterson even commented on it.

There also seemed to be a curfew, either venue imposed or band self-imposed. I saw Paul give Patterson the "20 mins" signal and then later the "7 mins" signal right before they wrapped up with Grand Canyon.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Do they still have security measures in place before you enter the venue that make the TSA seem tame?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Man y'all got Something's Gotta Give? That's awesome.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:Do they still have security measures in place before you enter the venue that make the TSA seem tame?

No. It took maybe 10 seconds...just asked to empty my pockets.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

EZ Dan wrote:https://archive.org/details/dbt2014-06-07
Team Dirty South strikes again! I didn't even see your rig. Very nice recording. Good work.

OK so yeah the band was kinda fucked up at this show. So was I.

My first Space City...so that's why you go to the show. When Patterson started The Company I Keep I turned to my neophyte buddy and said "This is a take off the gloves song." That's when the show really turned IMHO. Really liked Hell No, PPOTM and Let There Be Rock! I know what night it is but I don't care. :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

denverdawg

Post by denverdawg »

Made it down from Wilmington for this one. Great show. As has been said, I thought the HOB was a great venue. Clean, cool décor, good sound, etc. The show was far from sold out, but it's a big venue. The crowd was still pretty decently sized and got into it really well, especially during Hell No I Ain't Happy. Was great to hear Something's Gotta Give - it's been many shows ago since I saw that one. Several years for sure. That was also the first time I've seen Space City where Cooley used his electric guitar instead of acoustic. I ran into a few 3DD folks after the show, including Bill from CT. Can't remember the others.

I have no idea how reliable the info is, but I've heard that one of the local promoters here in Wilmington (NC) thinks the band will be here in September - hopefully to play Greenfield Lake. Although the new Ziggy's By The Sea is a pretty good venue option as well.

On a side note - have a good friend in Macon, GA that got to go out with Patterson and Rebecca for drinks this week for a solo house show he did down there as part of a local event. Sure would have enjoyed being along for that one.