Denver 4/19- Twist & Shout/Fillmore

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Fatah Ruark

Re: Denver 4/19- Twist & Shout/Fillmore

Post by Fatah Ruark »

Anyone have any idea when Showtime is for DBT...going too be a course call getting there on time. Going to at least part of the Av's game tonight. Sounds like Patterson wants too put on an extra good show tonight.

And yes I did record the Twist & Shout set. Got someone else covering the Fillmore.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Well, heck. I'd hoped to catch the first band performance of Rock Solid, but I guess some things just aren't to be. Maybe (assuming something doesn't keep me from going) I'll get to hear it in New Orleans. And I'll get to hear the tape. So I'm cool. But I still wish I'd been there.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

walthers

Post by walthers »

From what you've posted you should be here. Break now. Truckers in twenty!!!!

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Great show at a great venue last night. So much fun to rock my socks off with Colodogdoc, Bill in CT and my friends from Salt Lake that made the trip. I finally got to meet Gaetzi and his cool friends, as well as lots of nice folks up front. There was a distinct and refreshing lack of assholery at the Fillmore last night. There were a few folks I missed out on meeting, but I did meet three cool people who practically tackled me in praise of my Jackmormons T-Shirt.

The band sounded great, and looked like they were having a good time. The news songs sounded great. We got both Ronnie and Neil and Let there be Rock, plus a grinding, grooving Lookout Mountain and Play it all night long. Ghost to Most has always been one of my favorite DBT songs and it sounded great last night. MUEO has a different flavor live, and I loved it. The Grand Canyon walk-off was almost as breathtaking as the real thing. Along with the in-store at Twist and Shout, which was super cool, yesterday might just have been my greatest Drive-By Truckers day yet.

I'll post a couple pics later, but for now, here's the set list:

Shit Shots Count
When He's Gone
Women Without Whiskey
Lookout Mountain
Hearing Jimmy loud
Ronnie and Neil
Tornadoes
Ghost to Most
Goodes Field Road
Made Up English Oceans
Hanging On
Gravity's Gone
Play it All Night Long
Marry Me
Pauline Hawkins
Natural Light
He'll No I Ain't Happy

E:
Birthday Boy
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Grand Canyon

Fatah Ruark

Post by Fatah Ruark »

Well, I managed to miss most of the show at the Fillmore. Thought about leaving the hockey game after the second period, and probably should. We ended up staying until about 3 minutes to go in the game when it seemed like the Av's had it locked up. Got to the venue in time to hear the end of Hell No I Ain't Happy and the encore.

Mental note: Do NOT buy playoff hockey tickets when the Truckers are coming to town. (For those of you that don't follow sports, you have to buy the tickets and THEN they tell you what day and time the game is after they figure out who's playing each other).

Working on the T&S recording. Sounds really nice. Hopefully the Fillmore recording turns up soon so I can hear what I missed.

EDIT: Instore recording is all ready to go:

MP3 Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!UhUmkKLT!wqdhvg3Ny ... nz5kl7-U7g

LMA (FLAC): https://archive.org/details/dbt2014-04- ... 930.flac16

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

What a killer Saturday w the DBT! It was really a treat to get a free acoustic performance in the afternoon and a full Rock Show at night.. Highlights of the Twist and Shout gig for me were the MUEO (it just came out of the gate roaring) and the closing Bulldozers and Dirt. We had a big crew on Saturday night and got a late start.. My fiancee is pregnant and we had a few other girlfriends w us who had never seen the Truckers so we decided to post up towards the back of the venue but had great sight lines, sound was good and most important we had space. While the set was a bit shorter then I would have liked but the band killed it and I really loved the way they blended new and old material. WWW as the 3rd tune?! 72, Tornadoes, etc mixed in w stuff like Hearing Jimmy Loud (which I really LOVE live).. While not sold out, the Fillmore was pretty damn full and it seemed like the band was legitimately psyched to be playing there. A good showing from the good people of CO.

I was somewhat faded by the end of the show but ran into Christie and her husband who in turn pointed out UT Heathen who was talking to Bill from CT. So while brief, really glad I got to meet Brett and thank him for the great photos he sent me last spring and it's always good to say hi to the 3DD folks. Onwards to NOLA!

On a cool and seperate note, a super cool older dude at work went to the show with his wife and was raving about it in the kitchen at 7 am this morning! He had seem them once before w Isbell and basically was like "I forgot how awesome these guys were and just how rocking their live show is.. The records are a lot more quiet and vocal oriented. those guys rock!"
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Finally home after another epic weekend.

Here are a couple of pics from Saturday.

Shit Shots Count with Christie's hands

Pauline Hawkins

Grand Canyon

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Awesome pictures Heathen. Love the lighting in the first shot you posted. I'm assuming you shot them with a digital camera as opposed to a phone.

Fatah that in store recording is top notch. Y'all go listen to Jay and Cooley harmonizing on Bulldoziers and Dirt right now!
Why are you still reading this? Go listen.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Great pics UTHeathen!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

UTHeathen wrote:Great show at a great venue last night. So much fun to rock my socks off with Colodogdoc,

She rawks pretty good for a Tenn fan.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Any word on when this show might get posted on the archive? Thanks in advance.