Lancaster, PA - Chameleon Club - June 11th

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Gang Green

Lancaster, PA - Chameleon Club - June 11th

Post by Gang Green »

Just got my tickets for the Lancaster show. I fully expect to see Clams, Lynn, Van, Vincent and Gepman. If your coming from out of town make sure to pick up your shoo fly pie from the place with the windmill on route 30 (Lincoln Highway) near Paradise. It's called Dutch Haven, see the picture below. The shoo fly pie is outstanding and you can pick-up touristy Lancaster t-shirts referencing Intercourse, PA

If you get to Lancaster early, go to Bube's Brewery in Mt. Joy. It's historical, the food is so so, but they brew their own beer and the pub is well old and like a real pub. Plus you can see the tunnels where they smuggled in the alchohal during prohabition. Worth the visit, and the beer. Check out the link below:

http://bubesbrewery.com/

My favorite bar in downtown Lancaster is the Lancaster Dispensing Company right near the Lancaster Market. This is where I plan to do the pre-game because they make a great big martini. And, is within walking distance of the venue. Check out the link:

http://www.dispensingco.com/

If you like a variety of beer check out the Federal Tap House. Also, within walking distance of the venue, and if it's like the one in Harrisburg, the food is pretty good. Also, an ideal pre-game spot. Link below:

http://www.federaltaphouselanc.com/

gepman

Re: Lancaster, PA - Chameleon Club - June 11th

Post by gepman »

Thanks for the "head's up" Gang Green...

I was waiting until 10am tomorrow to buy tix. Didn't realize there was a pre-sale on the DBT website for this show...

I usually try to purchase tix from the DBT pre-sale whenever possible, since I didn't see a mention of one for this show, I didn't bother checking.

Clams

Post by Clams »

In! Pretty happy about this one since I wasn't expecting any more local shows until much later in the year. Nice to have Gang Green as master of ceremonies for this one too!
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Unless something comes up between now and then, I'm in
Always go to the show

Clams

Post by Clams »

Tix bought. $20 a piece, that's insane. Water Liars opening, I believe.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Clams wrote:Tix bought. $20 a piece, that's insane. Water Liars opening, I believe.

Had to pay $121 a piece to Bruce at Hershey Stadium this May. The seats aren't even that good and he doesn't have the Water Liars opening for him.

Which reminds me, if you have lots time before the Lancaster show, the Troegs Brewery in Hershey. Both the food and beer are extremely interesting, and they give tours and they have a great gift shop. It's probably a 20 to 30 minute drive to Lancaster. It's a giant room with big tables, a great place to hang-out. It's just past Hershey Park and the Outlets. See the website

http://www.troegs.com/default.aspx

lynne

Post by lynne »

Never want to disappoint lol......Guinness and I will be there. Funny Gang Green, also got tix to see Bruce at Hershey in May. Consolation gift to soothe the pain of missing Homecoming.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

lynne wrote:Never want to disappoint lol......Guinness and I will be there. Funny Gang Green, also got tix to see Bruce at Hershey in May. Consolation gift to soothe the pain of missing Homecoming.

Consolation for me is three DBT shows (Delaware, DC and Lancaster), Bruce in Hershey, Steve Earle/Shawn Colvin in Philly, Hayes Carll in York, Alabama Shakes and Lee Bains in DC. And, I wasn't even planning on going to homecoming, I can't imagine how you must have felt, though I did follow everyone's plight on 3DD. Hopefully, we'll get to see you guys in Hershey. Definitely in Delaware.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Damn this is tempting. Lancaster is one of my favorite places. Great town names (don't forget Blue Ball). Great food & the Amish. The boys are playing in Norfolk the 10th (my birthday) & then this one. Extremely tempting.
GG - I can't find the Shakes shows for sale yet. Did you already get tix?
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

My favorite bar in downtown Lancaster is the Lancaster Dispensing Company right near the Lancaster Market. This is where I plan to do the pre-game because they make a great big martini. And, is within walking distance of the venue. Check out the link:

http://www.dispensingco.com/

If you like a variety of beer check out the Federal Tap House. Also, within walking distance of the venue, and if it's like the one in Harrisburg, the food is pretty good. Also, an ideal pre-game spot. Link below:

http://www.federaltaphouselanc.com/

Both are awesome suggestions GG. Another great place to eat/drink that is within walking distance is the Tellus360 located at 24 E King St, Lancaster, PA ... details at:

http://www.tellus360.com/

FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

Damn this is tempting.

Come on! I'll bring or buy you a Golden Monkey!

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Slipkid42 wrote:Damn this is tempting. Lancaster is one of my favorite places. Great town names (don't forget Blue Ball). Great food & the Amish. The boys are playing in Norfolk the 10th (my birthday) & then this one. Extremely tempting.
GG - I can't find the Shakes shows for sale yet. Did you already get tix?

The pre-sale from Alabama Shakes was sold out. But, tickets from the 930 Club go on sale sometime this week. They will announce the day sometime this weekend, keep checking the 930 website or on Facebook or Twitter. I found out about through Lee Bains Facebook page. They will be opening.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

After a little bit of research from my Lanscaster staff, the best hotel option is probably the Lancaster Marriot on 25 Queen Street. It's within walking distance of the Chameleon. The number is 717-239-1600 link as follows.

www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/insmc-La ... nn-square/

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Gang Green wrote:After a little bit of research from my Lanscaster staff, the best hotel option is probably the Lancaster Marriot on 25 Queen Street. It's within walking distance of the Chameleon. The number is 717-239-1600 link as follows.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/i ... nn-square/

Thanks
Always go to the show

TDB

Post by TDB »

If I still lived in central PA I would be in for sure.
Thankfully, I have the Florida run this June to look forward to.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

In! Looking forward to it.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

I ordered my tix for this show from the DBT site and have not received them yet (early March I think). Anyone get there's yet?

gepman

Post by gepman »

211poundsofpork wrote:I ordered my tix for this show from the DBT site and have not received them yet (early March I think). Anyone get there's yet?

Me either, but this is on the confirmation email for my tix...
Tickets will ship via the US Mail. Tickets typically ship between one month to two weeks prior to the event.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

gepman wrote:
211poundsofpork wrote:I ordered my tix for this show from the DBT site and have not received them yet (early March I think). Anyone get there's yet?

Me either, but this is on the confirmation email for my tix...
Tickets will ship via the US Mail. Tickets typically ship between one month to two weeks prior to the event.

Niiiice. Thanks. Wasn't too worried - just curious.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Got a dilemma. I planned on hitting this show (and Norfolk the night before). That would necessitate me working a half-day on the 10th (my birthday) & taking off on the 11th & 12th. Now I see Baltimore on the 26th & Asbury Park & Long Island on the 27th & 28th. That would require me to take off on the 27th as well. I really can't take off all those days. Which shows should I see Norfolk, Lancaster & Baltimore or Baltimore, Asbury Park & Long Island?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Slipkid42 wrote:Got a dilemma. I planned on hitting this show (and Norfolk the night before). That would necessitate me working a half-day on the 10th (my birthday) & taking off on the 11th & 12th. Now I see Baltimore on the 26th & Asbury Park & Long Island on the 27th & 28th. That would require me to take off on the 27th as well. I really can't take off all those days. Which shows should I see Norfolk, Lancaster & Baltimore or Baltimore, Asbury Park & Long Island?

I don't know nuthin' about any of those places or DBT's show history in any of them, but, c'mon, you know, it's freakin' Asbury Park. The name/place just resonates. It just screams "special show" to me and having the hold steady w/ 'em can't hurt. If that were my choice that would be my decision and it would be an easy one. Plus our resident pinball wizard's got his thing goin' on and that will be at least interesting and probably fantabulous.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Yeah, I was leaning in that direction. Athens Joe & I went to Asbury Park when we stayed w/the Rev last year. It was snowing. The only other time I've been there (Breeder's Cup) it was raining buckets. It'll be nice to see it in the summer. We did check out the pinball museum. It was pretty fuckin' cool. One drawback w/plan B is that I won't see the Water Liars & I wanted to see them.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Slipkid42 wrote:Yeah, I was leaning in that direction. Athens Joe & I went to Asbury Park when we stayed w/the Rev last year. It was snowing. The only other time I've been there (Breeder's Cup) it was raining buckets. It'll be nice to see it in the summer. We did check out the pinball museum. It was pretty fuckin' cool. One drawback w/plan B is that I won't see the Water Liars & I wanted to see them.

I saw a show at the Norva in Norfolk and really liked it. There seemed to be a lot of room and you get close to the stage without too much effort. I thought the crowd was great. Plus, you can find really good places to eat and drink in Norfolk. I was considering attending the Norfolk show until the Asbury Park show was announced. I would think you would want to catch one show with the Water Liars. I saw Jason at the Chameleon Club, and wasn't blown away by it, but it is right up the street from my house, so I can't pass this up. I'm not nuts about the Rams Head either, but there's always Baltimore. I agree Asbury Park too tempting to pass up.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

My plans are Lancaster and Asbury Park. State College is on the "maybe" list right now.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

Slipkid42 wrote:Got a dilemma. I planned on hitting this show (and Norfolk the night before). That would necessitate me working a half-day on the 10th (my birthday) & taking off on the 11th & 12th. Now I see Baltimore on the 26th & Asbury Park & Long Island on the 27th & 28th. That would require me to take off on the 27th as well. I really can't take off all those days. Which shows should I see Norfolk, Lancaster & Baltimore or Baltimore, Asbury Park & Long Island?

I suggest you do Baltimore --> Asbury Park --> Long Island because that's what I'm doing and it would be fun to hang out with you again :) I may also hit Lancaster...I'm playing that one by ear.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

allisonsdc wrote:

I suggest you do Baltimore --> Asbury Park --> Long Island because that's what I'm doing and it would be fun to hang out with you again :) I may also hit Lancaster...I'm playing that one by ear.

Slip, I believe that is what's called in the trade an offer you can't refuse.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

beantownbubba wrote:
allisonsdc wrote:

Slip, I believe that is what's called in the trade an offer you can't refuse.

Lancaster, it's like I hardly knew ya.

pa_heathen

Post by pa_heathen »

Come on! I'll bring or buy you a Golden Monkey!

There's always Victory Brewing Co. down the road in Downingtown. We were planning on going for a pre-pre-show. If you're traveling from North or South 95, stop by. The brew pub opens at 11:30 which gives time for one or two beers and lunch before heading down Rt. 30 to Lancaster.

http://www.victorybeer.com/brewpub/
When the lights came up we all went home but never quite the same.

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

Slipkid42 wrote:Lancaster, it's like I hardly knew ya.

Slip, I have an extra ticket for Asbury Park with your name on it. :D
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

Clams

Post by Clams »

If anyone's interested, here's a travel zoo deal for a room at the Marriott in Lancaster for $99. It's only a block or two from the venue.

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Ph ... Interstate