Patterson On Streams of ENGLISH OCEANS

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mark lynn
Site Admin

Patterson On Streams of ENGLISH OCEANS

Post by mark lynn »

Y'all,
Just touching base concerning some comments about the various streams and leaks of ENGLISH OCEANS.
I checked out the Paste stream folks have been commenting on.
While I didn't on my stereo hear the noises folks have been commenting on, it is very trebley (is that a word?) and harsh.
Overly crispy. I can assure you that the CD and especially Vinyl does not sound that way.

Most of Y'all have been listening to leaked digital format versions of the album that came from Godonlyknowswhere.
I would hope that no one is measuring the sound quality of the finished album by those standards.
We went to great lengths to make as fine a sounding Rock record as humanly possible and I hope folks who have been listening to leaked copies will go out and support us by getting the real thing next week when it's available.
We have no control over the sound of leaked (and often technically illegal) copies of the album.
Glad that most have been liking it and we look forward to seeing you all at The Rock Show.
Best Regards,
Patterson

dbtfan4life

Re: Patterson On Streams of ENGLISH OCEANS

Post by dbtfan4life »

hell yea! cant wait to get that kickass vinyl in my hands!!!!

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Yeah.
That's gonna be a good day.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

linkous

Post by linkous »

I've ordered the CD and vinyl from Amazon, and they usually throw in a free MP3 rip with anything you order from them - so I've got all the bases covered :D UK release date is Monday and as luck would have it I'm on a "rest" day from work, and as I'm an Amazon Prime member I should have all formats in my possession by midday.

Bring it on!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Oh, man! There's no comparison! Even here at work, I can hear the difference through these not-all-that-bad built-in speakers.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Does anyone wonder if they intentionally left imperfections on the leak so we'd obviously buy the album, or do you think that it was leaked before it could be cleaned up?
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Barely_Oakely wrote:Does anyone wonder if they intentionally left imperfections on the leak so we'd obviously buy the album, or do you think that it was leaked before it could be cleaned up?

i am certain not. As Patterson said no one has any idea where the leaked copies (that various people have commented on) came from.

Patterson Hood wrote:Most of Y'all have been listening to leaked digital format versions of the album that came from Godonlyknowswhere
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

The Fool in Me

Post by The Fool in Me »

I really hope there's no one who got the leak who won't buy the album, but maybe I'm naive. If you are dirt poor at the moment maybe, but come on, you can get it for the price of a couple Happy Meals.

I got my CD preordered, a ticket to at least one upcoming show, and my eye on some merch when the next paycheck comes in. Thank you, Patterson and DBT.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:[As Patterson said no one has any idea where the leaked copies (that various people have commented on) came from.

Not so!

Patterson Hood wrote:Most of Y'all have been listening to leaked digital format versions of the album that came from Godonlyknowswhere

So that's where they came from: Godonlyknowswhere. I'd like to live there, I think.

The Fool in Me wrote:If you are dirt poor at the moment maybe, but come on, you can get it for the price of a couple Happy Meals.

Using Mister Cooley's figures for the price of a Happy Meal, that's about the cost of a vinyl pre-order. I'm sold. Clicking that button in a moment or two.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

The Fool in Me wrote:I really hope there's no one who got the leak who won't buy the album, but maybe I'm naive. If you are dirt poor at the moment maybe, but come on, you can get it for the price of a couple Happy Meals.

I got my CD preordered, a ticket to at least one upcoming show, and my eye on some merch when the next paycheck comes in. Thank you, Patterson and DBT.

We always buy extra copies to give away. I think Lurleen has bought 6 CD's, I have the vinyl coming and I think I'll buy a copy or two to support the local record store.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
The Fool in Me wrote:I really hope there's no one who got the leak who won't buy the album, but maybe I'm naive. If you are dirt poor at the moment maybe, but come on, you can get it for the price of a couple Happy Meals.

We always buy extra copies to give away. I think Lurleen has bought 6 CD's, I have the vinyl coming and I think I'll buy a copy or two to support the local record store.

Yes. Pre-ordered to get bonus tracks but going down to Decatur CD to buy additional copies for gifts and support. Shout out: http://decaturcd.blogspot.com/
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.