Patterson interview in Garden & Gun

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Will

Patterson interview in Garden & Gun

Post by Will »

Nice interview/profile on Patterson. Probably not a ton of new info for anyone here, but a good read.

http://gardenandgun.com/article/patters ... pringsteen

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Patterson interview in Garden & Gun

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Nice piece.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Clams

Post by Clams »

Very very good. The writer really captures the essence of the band and the people.
If you don't run you rust

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I thought that was as a good of an article on DBT/Patterson as I've seen. The author definitely "gets" them.

I particularly enjoyed this passage
“Grand Canyon” feels effortless, with every turn of phrase impactful and no wasted words. The title is a metaphor for life on the road and Lieske’s outsize personality. “I wrote it in about three hours,” Hood says. “Sometimes they just come pouring out of me.” The song closes with a soaring guitar before devolving into the squalor of ambient noise. Hood sighs. “I think I need another beer.”

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

great read!!!

heartbreaker1976

Post by heartbreaker1976 »

Great article. I'm particularly surpised about the part where Cooley and Hood weren't on speaking terms during the making of ABAAC. I've heard the band was not in the best of places for that record, but I didn't realize it was that bad.
They seemed to be getting along well in the making of the album video...but they also appeared to be hammered the whole time too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-iRrzkoma8

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

heartbreaker1976 wrote:Great article. I'm particularly surpised about the part where Cooley and Hood weren't on speaking terms during the making of ABAAC. I've heard the band was not in the best of places for that record, but I didn't realize it was that bad.
They seemed to be getting along well in the making of the album video...but they also appeared to be hammered the whole time too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-iRrzkoma8

I knew it was pretty bad, but I thought it was more about Jason vs. Everyone Else at that point in time. I had the impression that Patterson and Cooley were more or less in agreement at that stage.

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

Posting this for the man:

Y'all,
FYI , I was very pleased with the Garden and Gun piece.
One correction (for y'all paying attention) the friction described during ABAAC actually took place making SRO. ABAAC certainly had its share drama, but not the way described there.

The writer had a lot if info to process and did an excellent job, but thought I'd clear the air for those who noted it.

Best Always!
Patterson