Sactown, April 25th @ Ace Of Spades

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: Sactown, April 25th @ Ace Of Spades

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

one belt loop wrote:Bless his heart.

In the words of Steely Dan, "Some things will never change."
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

walthers

Post by walthers »

It was so nice to meet you, too! You didn't seem overly inebriated at all, btw. I hope to see you at future shows.

Good to hear that I was not a drunk, babbling fool! All I know is my body was telling me on Saturday that I had too good of a time on Friday!
I was pleasantly surprised by the venue; I had been to previous shows there and did not really dig the whole all ages thing. I thought it was much better this time around.
As for that show back in 2008, that was my first DBT show outside of a festival setting. I do remember it was not very full so this sold out show was nice to see.
I will definitely be catching you all at some shows in the future although it will more than likely not be in Sacramento. My future wife and I will be relocating to Denver this summer so I will be hitting up the Odgen, Fillmore and Cervantes. We will have an extra room so come one, come all, it will be a fun trip!

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

walthers wrote:We will have an extra room so come one, come all, it will be a fun trip!

Ruh roh. Now you've done it!
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

walthers

Post by walthers »

HAHA! It will be great. I know a lot of you travel a long way to see the Truckers. I know I have taken many a flight to catch a show and have made some of my dearest friends while doing it. I am more than happy to host the party!

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Hey, this show has appeared up on Dime A Dozen as taped by DMonkey, who also taped the Dirt Underneath SF in 07 that is up on the Archive... Have to admit, hearing the show that I had to back out of last minute hurts when it is a scorcher like this one. But, that said, its helping me get over the depression that comes from having to sit out the first Nor Cal DBT show in 2 years, (swear that'll NEVER happen again).
Guess it's a bit of a Blessing and a Curse...
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

walthers

Post by walthers »

Thanks for the heads up on that recording, I'll be checking it out his weekend.

John Cash's Suitcase

Post by John Cash's Suitcase »

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but I was wondering if anybody knows who the sound guy was playing before the show? That was some kick-ass music and want to find out who it was. I asked the Ace of Spades guys and they said it was coming from the Truckers end. Anybody know?

I was at the show, right up on the rail in front of Cooley. I look over in the hallway and say to my wife, "That looks like the 'American Pickers' guy. He comes over to the rope, next to us, and sure as shit, it was Mike Wolfe. I talked with him about bikes for a minute or two.

Great show, especially the outro.
25 cents shy

walthers

Post by walthers »

I'm not sure about the sound guy, but I do know that the opening band was Shovels and Rope, is that the duo you are referring to?

John Cash's Suitcase

Post by John Cash's Suitcase »

No, the music on the PA when the doors opened before Shovels and Rope took the stage. They were fun, by the way.
25 cents shy

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

John Cash's Suitcase wrote:No, the music on the PA when the doors opened before Shovels and Rope took the stage. They were fun, by the way.

I know Shovels and Rope uses J Roddy Walston and the Business for their pre-show
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Zip City wrote:
John Cash's Suitcase wrote:No, the music on the PA when the doors opened before Shovels and Rope took the stage. They were fun, by the way.

I know Shovels and Rope uses J Roddy Walston and the Business for their pre-show

That could be. I don't remember. I was in too good of a mood. 8-)
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.