930 Club - 3/22 & 3/23

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LesterFreamon

Re: 930 Club - 3/22 & 3/23

Post by LesterFreamon »

All joking aside, nobody here's heard anything about an extra/spare ticket for Saturday?

jck747

Post by jck747 »

Tyler wrote:
jck747 wrote:Bought a single for Sat, figure Metro (the subway) is open 'til 3am. Would love to go again Sun, but Metro shuts down at midnight so I'm not seeing how it could be feasible unless other have suggestions.

It's DC. There are cabs.

I live outside the city, not taking a cab 25 miles unless you're paying.

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

Anyone still need tickets? I've got a pair for each night but am not going to be able to make the shows. First 9:30 Club DBT shows I've missed since 2006. Makes me sad.
Send lawyers, guns and money....

ampollin

Post by ampollin »

I'd love those 2 if still available
I live in DC
thanks!

Southern Efficiency

Post by Southern Efficiency »

These will be my first shows since I became active on the board, so I hope to see a bunch of you at the show. Doors open at 8 for the Saturday show; about what time will people be lining up to get on the rail? I have a habit of buying drinks for nice folks who hold my spot at the rail for bathroom breaks and the like.

As far as pregaming options, the best bet in my experience is the Satellite Room in the back of the building that houses the club -- nice food, classy atmosphere and I think a "secret" entrance to the club. I'll be showing up pretty early to get dinner and a few drinks, probably here, though I'm open to other options if there's a group with plans. A wild card is Nellie's. It's a block away on U St. Nellie's is a straight-friendly gay sports bar, so make of that what you will. It's got terrific food, and all the basketball games will be on.

PM me if you want to meet up beforehand. See you at the show!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Southern Efficiency wrote:These will be my first shows since I became active on the board, so I hope to see a bunch of you at the show. Doors open at 8 for the Saturday show; about what time will people be lining up to get on the rail? I have a habit of buying drinks for nice folks who hold my spot at the rail for bathroom breaks and the like.

As far as pregaming options, the best bet in my experience is the Satellite Room in the back of the building that houses the club -- nice food, classy atmosphere and I think a "secret" entrance to the club. I'll be showing up pretty early to get dinner and a few drinks, probably here, though I'm open to other options if there's a group with plans. A wild card is Nellie's. It's a block away on U St. Nellie's is a straight-friendly gay sports bar, so make of that what you will. It's got terrific food, and all the basketball games will be on.

PM me if you want to meet up beforehand. See you at the show!

Nellies has been the usual pre game spot for the last few years. Just look for the group with the rock band t-shirts and say hello. It's a gay bar? Well I'll be! I'd say the hard core rail birds will be there by 6:15
Always go to the show

Clams

Post by Clams »

Judging from my FB page, it seems like pretty much everyone I know is heading down to Washington for the show. Gonna be a good one, I think. They always seem to turn things up a few notches in DC. And the 930 packs em in like sardines too. Have fun everyone!
If you don't run you rust

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I have one extra (will call) for tonight. Nellie's around 5 for the Michigan game and in line around 7 for the rock show.
Dave

LesterFreamon

Post by LesterFreamon »

Vincent wrote:I have one extra (will call) for tonight. Nellie's around 5 for the Michigan game and in line around 7 for the rock show.

Hey I just you a PM but to everyone else here-can I call dibs on that? Anyone else trying for it?

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Sold.
Dave

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Just got to Nellie's with CG. Come on out!

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Ya'll have fun! :mrgreen:

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

uncle rickey wrote:Just got to Nellie's with CG. Come on out!

See you guys around 7 :)
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

HUGE group of us here tonight. This is great!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Shit Shots Count
When He's Gone
Get Downtown
Ronnie and Neil
72 (This Highway's Mean)
Do It Yourself
Self-Destructive Zones
Dragon Pants
Hearing Jimmy Loud
Steve McQueen
Made Up English Oceans
Hanging On
Panties In Your Purse
Pauline Hawkins
Primer Coat
The Part of Him
First Air of Autumn
Sinkhole
Space City
18 Wheels of Love
Natural Light
Puttin' People on the Moon
Encore:
Love Like This
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Three dimes down
Dead Drunk and Naked
Guitar Man Upstairs
Lookout Mountain
Zip City
Grand Canyon

I know I probably lack the ability to be objective about the song, but I really feel like there's something special going on at the end of "Grand Canyon." I wish the noise-rock jam would go on for like 45 minutes.

Anyway it was GREAT seeing so many of you. It was a long day for us, but also pretty much awesome in every way. Can't wait to do it again today. Will check in on here wherever we wind up to pregame.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

uncle rickey wrote:Shit Shots Count
When He's Gone
Get Downtown
Ronnie and Neil
72 (This Highway's Mean)
Do It Yourself
Self-Destructive Zones
Dragon Pants
Hearing Jimmy Loud
Steve McQueen
Made Up English Oceans
Hanging On
Panties In Your Purse
Pauline Hawkins
Primer Coat
The Part of Him
First Air of Autumn
Sinkhole
Space City
18 Wheels of Love
Natural Light
Puttin' People on the Moon
Encore:
Love Like This
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Three dimes down
Dead Drunk and Naked
Guitar Man Upstairs
Lookout Mountain
Zip City
Grand Canyon

I know I probably lack the ability to be objective about the song, but I really feel like there's something special going on at the end of "Grand Canyon." I wish the noise-rock jam would go on for like 45 minutes.

Anyway it was GREAT seeing so many of you. It was a long day for us, but also pretty much awesome in every way. Can't wait to do it again today. Will check in on here wherever we wind up to pregame.

That is one hell of a set list. taking 3 DBT virgins to the LA show. Now I really can't wait!

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

I have an extra ticket for tonight's show - free to anyone who wants it. I'll be at the 930 Club when the doors open and can hand it off.

^^ticket has been claimed.
Last edited by allisonsdc on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Hey all--long time no see.

FemRabbit and I were planning on hitting up tonight's show but, she fell going down the stairs a couple days ago and bruised/broke her tailbone. So she's given me the blessing to go, which is cool for obvious reasons, but also because I can expose someone new to DBT live.

Question is--does anyone know how to get in touch with the DBT folks about ticketing? They are in my wife's name (same with parking pass)--and 9:30 Club usually doesn't allow you to pick up tickets without ID and CC used to purchase. Further complicating things, is since she bought them through DBT.com, 9:30 Club cannot transfer without consent of DBT.com to my name. Transferring tix at 9:30 Club can be a hassle--once I had to email them a scan of my ID and CC for them to give tix to a friend for a Spiritualized show.

So anyone know how we can accomplish this? Thanks.

*edit* now I'm seeing DBT.com puts you through to Ticketfly, so maybe a phone call will suffice.

jck747

Post by jck747 »

Does anyone know why the show was stopped briefly last night (forgot which song)? It seemed like maybe someone had an issue (fainting?). It was quickly resumed and nothing was said so I assume it ended up being something minor, thankfully.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

^^There was a guy down front who'd kind of crumbled to the floor a couple of times during Steve McQueen. The first time we chalked it up to stumbling on the floor barrier between the stage and the photographer's well (which IS a little tricky), but then he collapsed again and it was just clear he'd had more than he could handle. We helped him back on his feet and 9:30 staff helped him outside.

jck747

Post by jck747 »

uncle rickey wrote:^^There was a guy down front who'd kind of crumbled to the floor a couple of times during Steve McQueen. The first time we chalked it up to stumbling on the floor barrier between the stage and the photographer's well (which IS a little tricky), but then he collapsed again and it was just clear he'd had more than he could handle. We helped him back on his feet and 9:30 staff helped him outside.

Thanks. It was a little concerning seeing the look on their faces initially, glad is wasn't anything too serious.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

That was one helluva rock show.
Dave

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Me, CG, Slipkid, Frank, and Worldwide Bill are entrenched upstairs at Nellie's if anyone's in the neighborhood looking for something to do...

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

vwmule wrote:http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=571308

https://archive.org/details/dbt2014-03-22

Enjoy

Thank you VERY MUCH for the link. I know I could have sought it out, but this is a service for the lazy. Now I can let my son and 2 best friends have a clue what to expect.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Had a great time last, and it was great seeing everybody, and the weather was outstanding for pre-game festivities. It was great that there didn't seem to be a curfew, except that I didn't get home to Central PA unti 4:00am. Crowd wasn't too bad except for the usual assortment of Frat Bros which seem to show up at the 930 Club. Also, two guys seemed to be an each other case for a majority of the show, one was throwing beer on the other who reponded with a few shots to the face. Yes, maybe the crowd wasn't that great. But, I loved the show and had a great time nonetheless.

But, tonight is the big night, Cooley is going to kill Patterson as he promised to do on Patterson's 50th birthday. And, he's going to bury him..., I actually I didn't hear where Cooley said he was going to bury him. But, lot's of fun banter last night between the two. Loved Blitzen Trapper last night, but I've been a fan of theirs for a few years, and they are great to see as the headliner if you ever get a chance. Have a great time tonight everyone

jck747

Post by jck747 »

Gang Green wrote:Had a great time last, and it was great seeing everybody, and the weather was outstanding for pre-game festivities. It was great that there didn't seem to be a curfew, except that I didn't get home to Central PA unti 4:00am. Crowd wasn't too bad except for the usual assortment of Frat Bros which seem to show up at the 930 Club. Also, two guys seemed to be an each other case for a majority of the show, one was throwing beer on the other who reponded with a few shots to the face. Yes, maybe the crowd wasn't that great. But, I loved the show and had a great time nonetheless.

But, tonight is the big night, Cooley is going to kill Patterson as he promised to do on Patterson's 50th birthday. And, he's going to bury him..., I actually I didn't hear where Cooley said he was going to bury him. But, lot's of fun banter last night between the two. Loved Blitzen Trapper last night, but I've been a fan of theirs for a few years, and they are great to see as the headliner if you ever get a chance. Have a great time tonight everyone

Thought that was hilarious (and maybe a little dark and twisted), Patterson saying that Cooley told him he planned on killing him for his 50th birthday. Haha...

Southern Efficiency

Post by Southern Efficiency »

I came into town around 5 and was steps from Nellie's when I realized I FORGOT MY TICKET. So there went the get-there-early plan. I probably won't be fighting my way up front tonight, but I owe Kevidently a drink for holding my spot last night. Cooley Girl, by the way, is a badass, in case anyone didn't know.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Made Up English Oceans
Lookout Mountain
Women Without Whiskey
When He's Gone
Primer Coat
The Deeper In
Carl Perkins' Cadillac
Pauline Hawkins
Shit Shots Count