Latest Update On Big To-Do Vinyl Problems

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

09Gamecock

Re: Latest Update On Big To-Do Vinyl Problems

Post by 09Gamecock »

I'm still waiting to get mine. Not sure what's the deal. I bought one of the few defective copies that was sent to stores. I sent my e-mail the exact afternoon I bought it (4/2/10). Never received any e-mail response or any verification that they would be sending replacement vinyl. I wish they weren't being so slack with this whole process. Whoever is in charge of filling the orders needs to use much better communication. Even an automated response e-mail acknowledging the receipt of a "claim" would have made a difference. I'm not sure how much longer to wait before taking a more drastic measure...

lemmy

Post by lemmy »

I ordered mine and when they sent out the email to everyone that had ordered it about the defective vinyl, I responded within the hour and never heard back. so I assumed I would be one of the first ones to get new vinyl but I haven't received anything. The communication has been pretty bad. I have most of the DBT on vinyl, but I don't think I will buy any more in the future (DBT or Patterson Hood)....or I will at least wait 6 months after its release to make sure everything is ok.

lemmy

Post by lemmy »

I got mine yesterday. Listening to side 2 now (the one that sounded the worst) and it sounds great. It was a long wait but I think it will be well worth it. Thanks to DBT and all that made this right.

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

I got mine yesterday as well. Have not had a chance to play it yet. Maybe tonight.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Got mine too.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Bought mine from the record store today. Sounds excellent. Can't believe I went this long without it. Much better than the cd.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

Has anyone that threw a listening party gotten their album yet?
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Been slow posting that I got mine, but its here and has been here. I just need to find time to sit down with some beer and listen to the dang thing.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Record store called my wife at lunch today to let her know they just got some in today. Went over after lunch and picked 1 up. Cant wait to give it a listen.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

never going back wrote:Has anyone that threw a listening party gotten their album yet?

We never complained about our copy (didn't want to be greedy) cause we thought we
were getting a copy from the record company. Haven't heard anything about that since
the listening party.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

We were expecting 2 copies, 1 from ordering the deluxe package, 1 from the listening party. We sent an email in march that our deluxe one was flawed. To date, we have not received either. I sent an email to the address listed in the note from Patterson. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Like another person on the board, I did not receive a response to my email back in March, and so far, have not received a response to the email sent on 7/8.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

09Gamecock

Post by 09Gamecock »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I also received my replacement vinyl within the past week. It seems like they have sent out the vinyl to everyone now, so if you haven't received it, I'd definitely try to contact someone. I hate that the band had to incur such a headache and expense over this, but the new vinyl definitely sounds amazing!

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

CooleyGirl wrote:We were expecting 2 copies, 1 from ordering the deluxe package, 1 from the listening party. We sent an email in march that our deluxe one was flawed. To date, we have not received either. I sent an email to the address listed in the note from Patterson. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Like another person on the board, I did not receive a response to my email back in March, and so far, have not received a response to the email sent on 7/8.

Thanks Sarah! I hate to be a nuisance but I want my vinyl!

jdwolf

Post by jdwolf »

Regarding the listening party, we didn't receive ours either. I just went ahead and emailed Kirby to see if they had any idea when we would be receiving ours. I don't mind bugging them. We fulfilled our part of the deal, they need to as well. I never got word on the tickets either, but since we haven't been able to get to any shows, I haven't bugged them about that yet.
I wasn't born in the south but I got here as soon as I could!!

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

CooleyGirl wrote:We were expecting 2 copies, 1 from ordering the deluxe package, 1 from the listening party. We sent an email in march that our deluxe one was flawed. To date, we have not received either. I sent an email to the address listed in the note from Patterson. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Like another person on the board, I did not receive a response to my email back in March, and so far, have not received a response to the email sent on 7/8.

Update: I got an email response on 7/12 asking if we had gotten the vinyl yet. We had not gotten it as of 7/12. The person who emailed me got in touch with Kirby and by the end of the day I had gotten an email from Kirby saying both of our vinyls were being sent out 7/12. I'll check in again once we receive them.

I had no doubts DBT would make this right, just got delayed a bit. I'm sure it will all work out soon.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

CooleyGirl wrote:

Update: I got an email response on 7/12 asking if we had gotten the vinyl yet. We had not gotten it as of 7/12. The person who emailed me got in touch with Kirby and by the end of the day I had gotten an email from Kirby saying both of our vinyls were being sent out 7/12. I'll check in again once we receive them.

I had no doubts DBT would make this right, just got delayed a bit. I'm sure it will all work out soon.

Send Marina that email address as we haven't heard anything yet.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Swamp wrote:[Send Marina that email address as we haven't heard anything yet.

OK, just emailed her via FaceBook so she should have it. Good luck!

never going back

CooleyGirl wrote:
Swamp wrote:[Send Marina that email address as we haven't heard anything yet.

OK, just emailed her via FaceBook so she should have it. Good luck!

Me too if you don't mind! Thx! :D

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Update: We got both copies of the vinyl, hooray! They arrived yesterday, 7/14, by FedEx.

Thanks to all who made that happen!

never going back

We got ours today!

Swamps- There's hope for you yet!