Asheville 1/31-2/1/14

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Asheville 1/31-2/1/14

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:So after last night's festivities, this lady comes up to me and says, "Excuse me? Do you know the band?"

Nope. That's a rather random question to ask a stranger. Why do you ask?

"I was several rows behind you, and your aura was interacting with their auras for most of the night."

Never realized I even have an aura, which is pretty cool in and of itself, but it plays nicely with the band's auras! So I got that little bit of karmic juju going for me.

She wanted you, Flea.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:
Flea wrote:So after last night's festivities, this lady comes up to me and says, "Excuse me? Do you know the band?"

"I was several rows behind you, and your aura was interacting with their auras for most of the night."

Never realized I even have an aura, which is pretty cool in and of itself, but it plays nicely with the band's auras! So I got that little bit of karmic juju going for me.

She wanted you, Flea.

I don't know, man. I seem to be a magnet for weird stuff. Coupla years back, I was talking to a lady after a show who claimed to have some psychic abilities that she didn't quite understand or control. At that moment, the unvoiced thought crossed my mind "OK, if you are such a hot-shot mind reader, what am I thinking right now?" And that thought was, Damn, I'm hungry - haven't eaten for 12 hours. No bullshit, she says to me "Are you hungry?" Now I'm a fucking skeptic about all this, but that was pretty freaky. So much so that I beat a rather respectful and hasty retreat - only room for 1 in my head.
Now it's dark.

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Flea wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

She wanted you, Flea.

I don't know, man. I seem to be a magnet for weird stuff. Coupla years back, I was talking to a lady after a show who claimed to have some psychic abilities that she didn't quite understand or control. At that moment, the unvoiced thought crossed my mind "OK, if you are such a hot-shot mind reader, what am I thinking right now?" And that thought was, Damn, I'm hungry - haven't eaten for 12 hours. No bullshit, she says to me "Are you hungry?" Now I'm a fucking skeptic about all this, but that was pretty freaky. So much so that I beat a rather respectful and hasty retreat - only room for 1 in my head.

Not to crap in your cornflakes or nothing but come on you're a man and everyone knows we only have like 4 maybe 5 emotions, she had a one in five shot of getting that one. I mean after horny, hungry is the next logical choice. :lol:

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

psychobillycadillac wrote:Not to crap in your cornflakes or nothing but come on you're a man and everyone knows we only have like 4 maybe 5 emotions, she had a one in five shot of getting that one. I mean after horny, hungry is the next logical choice. :lol:

Dammit man! Now I have to go and change my signature line again! :lol:
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
psychobillycadillac wrote:Not to crap in your cornflakes or nothing but come on you're a man and everyone knows we only have like 4 maybe 5 emotions, she had a one in five shot of getting that one. I mean after horny, hungry is the next logical choice. :lol:

Dammit man! Now I have to go and change my signature line again! :lol:

BWAHAHAHAHA That is AWESOME!

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

and people get paid to be psychologists? Well done sir.

Flea

Post by Flea »

psychobillycadillac wrote:
Flea wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
She wanted you, Flea.

Not to crap in your cornflakes or nothing but come on you're a man and everyone knows we only have like 4 maybe 5 emotions, she had a one in five shot of getting that one. I mean after horny, hungry is the next logical choice. :lol:

I concede that you are likely correct, but the prospect of non-corporeal psychic female tentacles infiltrating my noodle was too frightening to respond otherwise.
Now it's dark.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Slipkid42 wrote: Asheville is a pretty college town, but fuck those hills. Yes I drove the 10 blocks from my hotel to the Peel (and drunkenly drove home). I walked there Friday & my dogs were barkin'! Ruff Ruff! Fuck that noise. I took a cab home. Figured I'd save that fare on Sat.

Dude, the downtown inn is literally .49 miles from the Peel. A 9 minute walk. By the time that you get to your car, get it started, get going and parked at the hotel, and counting a few red lights, that is easily 15 minutes. That is like driving from the Days Inn to the 40 Watt in Athens. C'mon man... :lol:

I did see a girl with 2 X's, and she did not seem terribly drunk compared to some people I saw who were wasted and still buying beer. The 1 beer law is strictly enforced when the place is oversold, like Sat night, but I saw Frank Turner at the Peel in Nov and The Peel was only about half full and I was buying 2-3 beers at a time all night. Sat night was a clusterfuck at the Peel, worse I have ever seen. They had to have sold more tickets than a usual sell out. I think that is why they were so strict on people, maybe kicking some people out would help create some room. I had a great time though, great show.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Jeremy wrote:
Slipkid42 wrote: Asheville is a pretty college town, but fuck those hills. Yes I drove the 10 blocks from my hotel to the Peel (and drunkenly drove home). I walked there Friday & my dogs were barkin'! Ruff Ruff! Fuck that noise. I took a cab home. Figured I'd save that fare on Sat.

Dude, the downtown inn is literally .49 miles from the Peel. A 9 minute walk. By the time that you get to your car, get it started, get going and parked at the hotel, and counting a few red lights, that is easily 15 minutes. That is like driving from the Days Inn to the 40 Watt in Athens. C'mon man... :lol:

Well I didn't say I was proud of it.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

for those that never check the "recordings" section

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=571094

T. Hardy Morris
01/31/2014
The Orange Peel
Asheville, NC

source: Neumann ak40 > lc3 > km100 (din) > Lunatec V3 > Edirol R-44 @ 24/48
transfer: SDHC card > PC > wavelab 6.1 > cd wave > traders little helper (flac level 8)

all editing (fades, Crystal Resampler (high), dither w/ iZotope Ozone 5) done in wavelab 6.1

*16bit/44.1khz fileset*

recorded and transferred by Gordon Wilson

A Team Dirty South Recording

01. Share the Needle
02. Quit Diggin'
03. My Me
04. OK Corral
05. Audition Tapes
06. Disaster Proof
07. Drowning On A Mountaintop
08. Hard Stuff
09. Starting Gun