Homecoming 2014: Feb 13-15

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

psychobillycadillac

Re: Homecoming 2014: Feb 13-15

Post by psychobillycadillac »

beantownbubba wrote:
Slipkid42 wrote:Just crossed GA line & the road took a real shit. Much sleet & freezing rain. Too close to give up now.

Either you're not doing very much driving or you're texting while driving in ice and snow. LOL

I am reminded about this skiing truism: It's always that one last, extra run at the end of the day after the rest of your group has packed it in that leads to disaster. Err on the conservative side please.

I say to hell with it, DRIVE FAST AND TAKE RISKS!!!!!

aww shit that's surely going to get me in trouble with the karma police, now where did I put that bible and my lucky rabbits foot?

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

As feared (expected) I am parked at Newark for the night. Checked in at one of the nearby airport hotels. Booked on a ATL bound flight tomorrow scheduled to land at 5 pm. Hoping to get the encore at least... Time will show.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Snowed in at a Days Inn 230 miles from Athens. No idea when/if we can leave tomorrow. Glad we stopped when we did, watching the news & seeing hundreds stranded on I85 and I77 in and around Charlotte.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

downhiller2010

Post by downhiller2010 »

brett27295 wrote:Snowed in at a Days Inn 230 miles from Athens. No idea when/if we can leave tomorrow. Glad we stopped when we did, watching the news & seeing hundreds stranded on I85 and I77 in and around Charlotte.

Good luck man, stay safe

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

bubba, Bill drove the whole way, so my texting was not an issue (although Bill was doing air guitar with both hands every now & then). We made it!! The last 35 miles were a white-knuckle adventure. Anyone behind us headin' south should definitely park it for the night. Safe travels everyone.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

bubba, Bill drove the whole way, so my texting was not an issue (although Bill was doing air guitar with both hands every now & then). We made it!! The last 35 miles were a white-knuckle adventure. Anyone behind us headin' south should definitely park it for the night. Safe travels everyone.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

njMark

Post by njMark »

The Days Inn was very nice about cancelling one night of my stay, still waiting for Delta to call me back so I can speak to a real live human being instead of the machine. This magical mystery tour of US airports is really not what I paid for and even if I just end up venting and still ending up with the same flights, well at least I got to live up to my NJ stereotype.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Glad to see a bunch of the gang has arrived safely. Praying for safe travels for everyone else. I'm so dang excited now that I can hardly stand it. Leaving time for me will be around 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. That puts me in Athens around 6:15. Plenty of time to check in, have some beers, and hopefully run into some of y'all. Heck all of y'all with any luck.

But my sweet wife paid me back for leaving a day before her. She scheduled a dentist appointment for me right before I leave.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cole Younger wrote:
But my sweet wife paid me back for leaving a day before her. She scheduled a dentist appointment for me right before I leave.

Wasn't there a power outage that deleted all your emails so you never saw that message? Or you could go w/ those drugs and that beer don't go together and I'm definitely not giving up the beer, so maybe we should reschedule. Or you can just do what you're told.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

RolanK wrote:As feared (expected) I am parked at Newark for the night. Checked in at one of the nearby airport hotels. Booked on a ATL bound flight tomorrow scheduled to land at 5 pm. Hoping to get the encore at least... Time will show.

How are you getting to Athens? My buddy Lester gets in around your time and I think was taking the shuttle.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

beantownbubba wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

Wasn't there a power outage that deleted all your emails so you never saw that message? Or you could go w/ those drugs and that beer don't go together and I'm definitely not giving up the beer, so maybe we should reschedule. Or you can just do what you're told.

:D all good suggestions. But she has reminded me of it every day this week. As for the drugs and beer, just a cleaning so I can't use that. I'm gonna go with option three. Prior to something I've looked forward to for over a year now I first have to let some woman dig around in my mouth with sharp, metal instruments. Gives me another reason for the beer later.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Snow day here in Atlanta + alcohol + back door closer than the bathroom = yellow piss on snow.

Leaving here tomorrow mid to late afternoon. Rock Shows!
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Greetings from the fabulous 40 Watt. Here with about 40 3DD folks for a dress rehearsal and video shoot of the live debut of English Oceans. Going to be a special night.

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Greetings from the fabulous 40 Watt. Here with about 40 3DD folks for a dress rehearsal and video shoot of the live debut of English Oceans. Going to be a special night.

Another reason we all love this band! Enjoy folks. Those of us that couldn't make it this year expect a full recap.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

FUCKING GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flight canceled, no flights til Saturday. Ironically, the flight i was originally on is still showing as on time - I have to assume that's going to change. If not I just might jump out the window. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I can't believe this. I'm gonna try other airlines just to be sure but I can't imagine I can get anything at this point.

Well, ummm, have a great time, people.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

And I quote:

" We've searched more than 400 airlines that we sell, and couldn't find any flights from Boston (BOS) Thu, Feb 13 to Atlanta (ATL) Sun, Feb 16 " Same thing for Friday :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil:

I am shocked. Stunned. Zombie-like, staring into space...

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Wow, that sucks.

Time to move Homecoming to, I don't know, July?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Zip City wrote:Wow, that sucks.

Time to move Homecoming to, I don't know, July?

They used to have the annual Athens shows in Aug/Sept, I believe.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Greetings from the fabulous 40 Watt. Here with about 40 3DD folks for a dress rehearsal and video shoot of the live debut of English Oceans. Going to be a special night.

Oh man, just shoot me. So close yet so far away.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

njMark

Post by njMark »

Not that it will help much but I'm sorry BTB, I'm waiting to hear the same thing from Delta any minute now. There is no guarantee I'll be able to make it to the airport on Friday to catch my flight anyhow, I hate nature a little more everyday this winter.

downhiller2010

Post by downhiller2010 »

How are the surface streets in athens?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Sucks bubba. Delta actually has 5 flights from Philly to Atlanta still scheduled for tomorrow and all 10 are still on for Friday. But I'm just waiting for the cancellation email.
If you don't run you rust

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Btb, I have no words. I am sorry. We're all bummed here.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I hope this comes out the way i intend. I'm basically talking to myself, but if it helps anyone else keep things light, you're welcome to the thought.

This is the 2d time I've had to cancel my trip to homecoming at the very last minute. The last time was 4 yrs ago when my son was diagnosed w/ a recurrence of his cancer. So as bummed as I am, I should get a grip. This sucks. The disappointment is so real it's like a tangible thing. But nobody died, nobody got cancer, so far nobody's had an accident. And we only have to look to last year to know how suddenly things can be put in their proper perspective and to realize that some things are more important than others in the big scheme of things.

But it still sucks.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Out.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

GW in IA wrote:Out.

fucking Clams
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

srv

Post by srv »

Just arrived Courtyard Athens 0100 Thursday morning from the UK. Flew on the only Delta flight across the Atlantic (even the crew were surprised that they flew) & drove here through the snow, but wasn't really a problem. Hope the Truckers play as there is astate of emergency, can'y wait!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I've lost count, but I think I'm on plan G or H now and I honestly don't believe it's going to happen. But for the moment I'm actually supposed to fly to Savannah on Thursday getting there in plenty of time to drive to Athens for the Thurs show (unless conditions are truly abominable). The Courtyard even gave me my reservation back!

I won't believe it until it happens (and I can't understand why this plane is going while the others aren't) but for now, I'm back IN.

Special tip of the cap and a bow in the direction of my wife and son who put this together for me. They pulled out all the stops: e.g. Bos-KC-Nashville-drive before finding this little gem.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:I've lost count, but I think I'm on plan G or H now and I honestly don't believe it's going to happen. But for the moment I'm actually supposed to fly to Savannah on Thursday getting there in plenty of time to drive to Athens for the Thurs show (unless conditions are truly abominable). The Courtyard even gave me my reservation back!

I won't believe it until it happens (and I can't understand why this plane is going while the others aren't) but for now, I'm back IN.

Special tip of the cap and a bow in the direction of my wife and son who put this together for me. They pulled out all the stops: e.g. Bos-KC-Nashville-drive before finding this little gem.

Inge-fuckng-nuity. Get you some. We WILL see you tomorrow!

njMark

Post by njMark »

GW in IA wrote:Out.

now this really sucks, HC isn't HC without you man.