Magnolia Fest October 17-20

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bnzz

Magnolia Fest October 17-20

Post by bnzz »

Anyone going to the Mag Fest? DBT Closing down the Saturday festivities. Should be a good time!

bnzz

Re: Magnolia Fest October 17-20

Post by bnzz »

LOL...Guess I will have the rail to myself!!!

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

I actually tried to make this happen. That weekend is the 20th annual kayak/canoe trip a buddy and I take (20 fucking years w/o a miss), and we tried to pull it all together - flights, canoes, rental car, tickets, camping, etc.....and just couldn't do it logistically. But that place looks pretty damn cool.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

I have a friend who is a big jam-band fan who is going down there. He loves that place. Looks like a good line up but not making it there or Macon, unfortunately. Have to hold out for Valdosta (PH solo).

PS - love your work with the Saints this year. Defense is back!

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

bnzz wrote:LOL...Guess I will have the rail to myself!!!

Too close for us to meet up. I could probably drive to your place just as quik :lol:

blackwll wrote: Looks like a good line up but not making it there or Macon, unfortunately. Have to hold out for Valdosta (PH solo).

If I had to choose it'd be Macon but we have a family commitment that weekend. Guess will see you in Valdosta.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Details bnzz
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Great time at Mag Fest...Truckers closed the main festivities(music goes all night around the different camp fires and Slopryland) on Saturday Night. Trucker bus rolled into the fest at about 8:30am Saturday after the show in Macon. I was walking by the stage at about 10am and they were sound checking EZ B's drum kit. Looked over by the bus and Cooley was enjoying a morning coffee. The Trucker show was 11:30-1am so it was a long day of waiting for them, although from some of Patterson's twitter photos looked like he had a good time that day, Sat on the rail as 99% of the crowd was at the Willie Nelson set(I had seen Willie twice in the last 18 months, plus you could hear the set pretty well) Truckers came on at exactly 11:30 and were shut down at 1am even though I think they wanted to do a little more, but the Fest guy said no. It was a little different set than I am use to mostly because it was only 1.5 hours long. I also think they may have tailored it to the Mag Fest crowd a bit....could be my imagination..also the sound seemed off, but I attribute that to being on the rail because every other show I had been to that weekend was spot on. Like I said short set here is what I can remember not in any order except for the beginning and the end:

Rays Automatic Weapon
( New Song) it was good but I don't know the name
Why Henry Drinks
Space City
Box Of Spiders
3DD
Buttholeville
Ghost to Most
Devil Dont Stay
Ronnie & Neil
Hell No I Ain't Happy
No Encore

zoid

Post by zoid »

Who was it in the Black Chevy Suburban with the DBT and Cooleybird stickers that passed me on 231 Monday?