Miracles can happen!

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rockreid

Miracles can happen!

Post by rockreid »

My moniker used to be Weeny, I asked Jonicont if I could change it. Rockreid was what I came up with, and he (jonicont) said do you think that's any better and we both agreed it's probably not, but that's fine too. I asked for the change after the "ballsdeep" discussion.

Also too, someone had said my name was fitting for a comment I made after Neff had left the band. Whatever. That's cool. Weeny is my nickname for one of my dogs. If you knew me, you may be able to make the argument that my moniker fit the comment and you probably could twist my arm that I was wrong, but if you got in my face about it, I'd be hard pressed to not scatter your teeth about the room. Either way, I still think that Neff's move was bush. That's not the point though. Just a little background info for me.

With that said, I've lurked here way more than I've ever posted and this includes the nine bullets days. I don't write well enough to post here regularly, but I do really respect the opinions on this board. Good people here sharing opinions about a damn fine band.

I'm sure, like everyone else here we've all seen our fair amount of bad shit. Terrible shit. My college and post college days and the decisions I made, certainly made "seeing terrible shit" even truer for me. But's that's cool too. Was all my decision(s).

The only time I've ever heard 'World of Hurt' live, Patterson did some sort of rap, that included "even miracles can happen". And it also wasn't from an '18 wheels' rap. This line, Patterson's line, was said during 'World of Hurt' and that line has always stuck with me. And, I couldn't listen to that song for a few years. For some reason it just stuck. Shit, I think ABAAC is one their best albums now. And, I hated it when it was released. Another discussion for another day. But, it is getting a lot of play in my car and ipod now.

I'm 36 years old, and 2 days ago, my best friend (who is 1 week older than me) and his wife had their 2nd daughter. 3:52 p.m on 8-14. And at 4:00 p.m. his wife hemorrhaged blood worse than any person I've ever heard of. It wasn't a 'difficult delivery'. Her entire pregnancy was fine. Neither of them "at risk" parents. She was the statistic that hear you of of 1,000,000 : 1, she was the 1. But, she's tough.

I've known this guy since we were both 6. Have traded being 'best man' in each others' wedding. He has 2 older brothers. I have no siblings. He's my big brother. I'm his younger brother. I've known his wife since I was 8. We all went to elementary, middle, and high school together. Visited each other while in college. All of our parents actually like each other and have for decades.

I'm getting long winded here, but while I was at the hospital yesterday (Thursday) as she had her 9th pint of blood, 9th bag of hemoglobin and a bag of platelets and plasma (from her mom) transfused to her, I looked at her husband, and said 'miracles can happen', why don't we take a walk, let's get's some fresh air. Leave your daughter for a few minutes with her grandparents. Somehow, we found ourselves in my car listening to 'World of Hurt'. We walked back to the room.

And today (Friday), at 11 a.m., his wife, had been released from ICU and after she took a shower and brushed her teeth and hair posed for pictures with her daughter. All hemorrhaging gone, as quick as it came. The Dr's still don't know what happened. Other than she flat lined. Twice. And that she is in the clear now.

For some reason, I felt it necessary to share that with y'all. Like I said, good people, sharing opinions about a damn fine band.

Oh yeah, and it's fucking great to be alive.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Miracles can happen!

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Thank you for sharing that. As I read it my wife was reading about a friend of a friend of hers that died in childbirth this week. I asked her if she wanted something good to hear to counter that and read her your post. Count your blessings you never know how fleeting they are.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

Awesome story, so good to hear. And yeah, they do happen.

rockreid

Post by rockreid »

TC- I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's friend's friend. That's horrible and devastating. You, yours, and y'all's will be in my prayers.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Thanks for sharing that, by whatever name you choose to go by. As it happens I'm just about to head off to see my father in law, just home from his second heart surgery in several weeks, complete w/ complications not worth getting into. He's doing well, and I'm feeling much better having read your story. :D :D
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard