Detroit 11/1/13

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Detroit 11/1/13

Post by beantownbubba »

Mercy Buckets! Space City! Wild Horses! When will it ever be tonight?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

^^ about 12hrs from now BB ^^ see you tonight :D
When the singer starts yodellin', you know you're in for a wild night

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

UR turned to me a few songs in & said it's backwards day. They're playing the encore songs first!
Jay was just smoking last night, he absolutely killed it!
Matt was up in the mix (to my ears) & he had a rocking bass line on Shut Up.
Of course, Patterson, Cooley & EZB were nailing it too.

It was fun being at an all ages show. There were 2 kids on the rail & I had fun watching them soaking it all in.

Congrats, Bill in CT! Last night was show 150 for him, & what a show it was!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

adavici

Post by adavici »

I thought they seemed a bit flat last night and the show felt routine and uninspired for the most part, despite what I would consider a really strong set list. I agree that Jay was on fire, but Cooley and Patterson seemed a little distant with each other and tired in general. We thought maybe it was a post-Halloween come-down or something. Sound wasn't great, and never is at that venue. After their last Detroit show at St. Andrews (one of the best of the 15+ times I've seen them) I was really looking forward to it, but it just didn't measure up IMO. Hope they get back into the city next time around!

On the other hand, I was never really able to latch on to Old 97s in their heyday, but I thought they came out blazing last night and I'm planning to revisit their catalog. Sound was shit for them too, and they played a bit long for a support slot, but they were great.

probesport

Post by probesport »

Adavici, that is a perfect synopsis of the show last night. Nothing felt right about it.

It was a good setlist and was enjoyable, but it was an average show a best. I do hope they plan to go back to Detroit.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Daddy_played_poker wrote:
:lol: After knee surgery a couple of weeks ago and large amounts of water instead of large amounts beer, I'm going like a kid again!

Perhaps the doc can explain the anatomy/biology here, 'cause i'm not following. I've heard of miracle knees, but seriously...
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Emily

Post by Emily »

Totally agree that the sound was not up to snuff. Hopefully they'll be back at St. Andrews for their next stop in Michigan.

That said, the setlist was great - they played four songs I'd never heard before and it was awesome having so many 3DD-ers in my home state. :)
she was all provocative and everything
until she saw what I was capable of