Ziggy's - Winston-Salem -- June 28 & 29

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Daddy_played_poker

Re: Ziggy's - Winston-Salem -- June 28 & 29

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

One more day!!!!!!!! The Daddy_Played_Poker group is growing by the day. Pre-game at Finnegan's Wake will be fun!
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Jonicont wrote:
Markalanbishop wrote:24 hours till I head north for the Rock Shows! I may be old but I'm immature so I'm looking forward to lots of adolescent fun!!! Wonder if anyone's ever tried all 30 scotches and/or all 40 taps in one weekend at Finnigan's Wake?

It's an Irish bar, that's an afternoon for chrissakes

:oops: I'm an idiot in addition to being immature. And my next door neighbor, Jimmy Laughlin, is originally from Ireland and runs a local bar! I withdraw my question, Judge Jonicont.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Coleslaww

Post by Coleslaww »

Me and 4 more...both nights!

See all you Heathens there!

jarofdirt

Post by jarofdirt »

Done with work. Pondering a mid afternoon pre game. I'm bringing 7 with me, three of which are first timers. Gonna be a hell of a weekend.

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

If the venues wifi signal stays strong I will be streaming these shows. Tune in around 9pm.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/team-three-dimes-down
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

roland

Post by roland »

Heading to the pub in a few. Might have to pull my 90 Day Club rank and throw some of y'all Heathens off a table. ;)

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Glory Fires sounded great! Thanks for doing this.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

Thanks Tom! Sounds great.

roland

Post by roland »

DON'T BE IN LOVE AROUND ME!!!!!!

Daddy_played_poker

Man I shot
Shut your mouth get on the plane
Why Henry Drinks
Margo and Harold
Zip City
Steve McQueen
Love Like This
Lookout Mountain

That would have been enough, but there was more!!!!!!

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Interesting night, we were positioned nicely in the second row in Cooleyville. Our 10th show and we got 3 more songs to cross off the list: Why Henry Drinks, Panties In Your Purse, and Don't Be In Love Around Me. Was really surprised Cooley went into Shut Your Mouth as the 2nd song! Was not expecting that.

Overall a well-behaved and enthused audience except for the drunk gentlemen who tried to force their way up to the rail about 3/4 of the way through the show....but that got taken care of. Wish we still lived in Winston though...after stopping at Steak N' Shake we didn't roll into Raleigh until 3:45. Looking forward to tonight!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Hud

Post by Hud »

brett27295 wrote:Interesting night, we were positioned nicely in the second row in Cooleyville. Our 10th show and we got 3 more songs to cross off the list: Why Henry Drinks, Panties In Your Purse, and Don't Be In Love Around Me. Was really surprised Cooley went into Shut Your Mouth as the 2nd song! Was not expecting that.

Overall a well-behaved and enthused audience except for the drunk gentlemen who tried to force their way up to the rail about 3/4 of the way through the show....but that got taken care of. Wish we still lived in Winston though...after stopping at Steak N' Shake we didn't roll into Raleigh until 3:45. Looking forward to tonight!

X2! First show seeing jay on guitar and he was killing it. Great show, great crowd. Staying for night 2.
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

roland

Post by roland »

brett27295 wrote:Interesting night, we were positioned nicely in the second row in Cooleyville. Our 10th show and we got 3 more songs to cross off the list: Why Henry Drinks, Panties In Your Purse, and Don't Be In Love Around Me. Was really surprised Cooley went into Shut Your Mouth as the 2nd song! Was not expecting that.

That's the opposite of what we've been doing until Ziggy's reopened. Having to go to Charlotte or Raleigh for shows and back in one night sucks.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

roland wrote:
brett27295 wrote:That's the opposite of what we've been doing until Ziggy's reopened. Having to go to Charlotte or Raleigh for shows and back in one night sucks.

When we lived in Winston everyone we wanted to see played Charlotte, Raleigh, and Asheville lol. I can say this, I much prefer living in the Raleigh/Cary area compared to the greater Winston-Salem area.

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

Has there been a full of setlist?

tmfraley2

Post by tmfraley2 »

Can someone post full set list please, was a great time

Flea

Post by Flea »

tmfraley2 wrote:Can someone post full set list please, was a great time

I think this is it, but i could be very very wrong.

Man I Shot
Shut Up and Get On The Fucking Plane
Why Henry Drinks
Fuckin Job
Love Like This
Heathens
Ghost to Most
Margo and Harold
Marry Me
Don't Be In Love Around Me
SDZ
Lookout Mountain
3DD
Play It All Night Long
Panties in Your Purse
Mercy Buckets
Uncle Frank
Steve McQueen
-------------
Zip City
Dead Drunk Naked
GMU
Butthole--Trooper
Now it's dark.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Two words for night two @ Ziggy's: fucking epic. Also, I'm drunk.

Daddy_played_poker

Even a power outage can't stop the best band in rock!!!!! This was a killer show. Great to see lots of good folks from 3DD: Cooleygirl, Uncle Ricky, Jonicont, BostonReb, Josh, Adam and others. Between the two nights in my stomping grounds we got a buttload of awesome music. Jay has become a beast 0n the left side of stage alternating between keys and his killer lead riffs that are now delivered with confidence. Wow!!!! These guys are so amazing and really bring it every night. I can't wait for a new album and to see what 2013 and 2014 bring.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

brett27295 wrote:Two words for night two @ Ziggy's: fucking epic. Also, I'm drunk.

Totally agree. Epic performance. Was center stage about three "rows" back. Apart from a couple of drunk idiot asshole minor incidents in my general vicinity it was a great show. Seems that everyone is settling in and Jay and Matt are starting to bring it, big time. Thought that Brad was especially into it tonight. Patterson and Cooley continue to shine and in my totally uninformed opinion look to be having fun together. Loved how they segued back into Hell No I Ain't Happy after the power failure by laying Prince's Sign Of The Times lyrics over the beat then going to the guitar break then back to the last verse and chorus. Awesome. First night was great too but Patterson's amp and pedal board issues kept breaking up the flow IMHO.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

jarofdirt

Post by jarofdirt »

Last night was the single most amazing live performance I have ever seen. I haven't seen DBT anywhere near as much as most of you guys on here, but epic seems to be the general consensus for last night. I honestly think that some jack ass pulling the fire alarms last night was a good thing. I spoke with Patterson after the show and he agreed, said it gave everyone there something to remember that show by. They killed it last night and I'm still feeling it this morning....

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

What a fun weekend at Ziggy's in Winston-Salem. We've finally gotten into double digits for DBT shows, these were 10/11. Every DBT show we've seen has been solid but last night might have been the best we've been to. Up until last night it had been 1/14/12 @ 40 Watt. Last night was at least as good, if not slightly better. The power going off during Hell No may have actually pushed the show up a notch in my estimation. Plus it allowed me a quick trip to the bathroom and the bar lol.

Last night was extra fun because we were surrounded by people from 3DD and the Facebook DBT group. There's nothing better than rocking out surrounded by like-minded individuals. I also was close enough to the mic to sing a little of People Who Died....my favorite DBT show closer. We didn't have a single issue with a single dipshit all night....and that's a rarity! We also got to cross off 7 songs that we hadn't heard before over the course of the weekend. All in all worth every penny, worth getting back to Raleigh at 4:00am both nights, worth the drive, worth it all.

tmfraley2

Post by tmfraley2 »

Anyone have last nights set list?

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

I was listening to the stream last night it sounded amazing. I caught about half the show that way until my 3 month old needed to her final bottle for the night, then my iPad died.

It sounded epic! I am hoping when they hit Birmingham up Aug 1st its going to be just amazing. From what it sounded the setlist was damn near perfect and the band sounded on fire!

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

tmfraley2 wrote:Anyone have last nights set list?

Since Daddy Learned to Fly
Where the Devil Don't Stay
The Three Great Alabama Icons
The Southern Thing
72 (This Highway's Mean)
Wednesday
Marry Me
The Buford Stick
A Ghost to Most
The Opening Act
Sounds Better in the Song
Sinkhole
3 Dimes Down
Ronnie and Neil
When the Pin Hits the Shell
Tornadoes
Uncle Frank
Hell No, I Ain't Happy*
Encore:
Zip City
Goode's Field Road
Get Downtown
I'm Eighteen
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
People Who Died

*power outage midway through!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Can anyone shed some light on Cooley's intro to Ghost to Most from night 1? I heard him talking but couldn't make it out.
If you don't run you rust

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Clams wrote:Can anyone shed some light on Cooley's intro to Ghost to Most from night 1? I heard him talking but couldn't make it out.

Basically AGTM is written from the perspective of a Katrina refugee sitting on his rooftop, realizing the calvary ain't coming and he's on his own. I think.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

mikemayhem

Post by mikemayhem »

I really wish I had been able to stay for night two because to be honest Friday night was very disappointing to me and my group. It seems a lot of you fine folks thought the opposite, but i just felt like the band was really uninspired and simply going through the motions out there. From the moment they came on stage things just felt...off. Even the sound, especially on W.W.W., which is unlike Ziggys.

Also, this was my first show since Shonna left the band and I found Matt to be really really distracting in between Mike and Patterson. It just left a sour taste in my mouth. Anyways, they can't all be winners and i'm sure if I had been able to stay through the weekend then Friday night would be an afterthought. The set list for Saturday looks absolutely epic.. But i just wanted to share one man's opinion.

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

mikemayhem wrote:I really wish I had been able to stay for night two because to be honest Friday night was very disappointing to me and my group. It seems a lot of you fine folks thought the opposite, but i just felt like the band was really uninspired and simply going through the motions out there. From the moment they came on stage things just felt...off. Even the sound, especially on W.W.W., which is unlike Ziggys.

Also, this was my first show since Shonna left the band and I found Matt to be really really distracting in between Mike and Patterson. It just left a sour taste in my mouth. Anyways, they can't all be winners and i'm sure if I had been able to stay through the weekend then Friday night would be an afterthought. The set list for Saturday looks absolutely epic.. But i just wanted to share one man's opinion.

It seems to me they have been putting on solid and rocking shows with this new lineup.. I can't wait to see them in Birmingham.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

mikemayhem wrote:but i just felt like the band was really uninspired and simply going through the motions out there. From the moment they came on stage things just felt...off.

Damn, that sucks. It also may be a first, the usual view around here being along the lines of "there are good shows and better shows but one thing about this band, they never mail it in." I sure hope this was an aberration.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.