6/7/13 Hood and the Mystic Rumblers and Alabama Shakes!!!!!!

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

RockStar

6/7/13 Hood and the Mystic Rumblers and Alabama Shakes!!!!!!

Post by RockStar »

Patterson Hood and the Mystic Rumblers at the National Historic Landmark at Sloss Furnace in Birmingham, Alabama!! Who's coming to the show!!??!!
Last edited by RockStar on Thu May 02, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Put that drinking jacket on and enjoy a little fun...

RockStar

Re: Patterson Hood and the Mystic Rumblers with Alabama Shak

Post by RockStar »

Really looking forward to seeing Patterson play with his father as part of the Mystic Rumblers, just love Hood's solo work so much!!!

John A Arkansawyer

Re: 6/7/13 Hood and the Mystic Rumblers and Alabama Shakes!!

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Yeah, this is an easy call. See you there!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

It will be my first time in Alabama and this area..looking forward to exploring!! See ya there!!!

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

I believe this show has been sold out for a while - Sloss Furnaces?

John A Arkansawyer

blackwll wrote:I believe this show has been sold out for a while - Sloss Furnaces?

Really? Is that why I couldn't find a ticket link? I couldn't find it listed as an event on the Sloss Furnace site, either.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
blackwll wrote:I believe this show has been sold out for a while - Sloss Furnaces?

Really? Is that why I couldn't find a ticket link? I couldn't find it listed as an event on the Sloss Furnace site, either.

It sold out in a day I think.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

John A Arkansawyer

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

It sold out in a day I think.

Rest easy, Clams. I blame the Alabama Shakes.

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

Well...I waa looking forward to this show more than folks will ever know...saddest day ever for me as with new information I got this weekend...I guess I better not come to the show..I have two tickets I need to sell...I will need to see what I paid for them...let me know... :(

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

Well I think I found someone to take the tix - wanted to offer 3DD first...hard show to pass on but have a great time!!

zoid

Post by zoid »

I also have 2 tickets to this show I need to let go. I'll sell them for what I have in them plus shipping. I need to know soon or I'll put them on the dreaded stubhub. Here's what they cost me:

Tickets/ItemsUS $75.90
Order Processing FeeUS $3.10
TOTAL CHARGESUS $79.00

So it will be $79.00 + whatever shipping is to get them to you before next week.

Cheers,
Chris

zoid

Post by zoid »

Last call before it goes to stubhub...

zoid wrote:I also have 2 tickets to this show I need to let go. I'll sell them for what I have in them plus shipping. I need to know soon or I'll put them on the dreaded stubhub. Here's what they cost me:

Tickets/ItemsUS $75.90
TOTAL CHARGESUS $79.00

So it will be $79.00 + whatever shipping is to get them to you before next week.

Cheers,
Chris

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

Maybe John still needs tickets, perhaps IM him...

zoid wrote:Last call before it goes to stubhub...

zoid wrote:I also have 2 tickets to this show I need to let go. I'll sell them for what I have in them plus shipping. I need to know soon or I'll put them on the dreaded stubhub. Here's what they cost me:

Tickets/ItemsUS $75.90
TOTAL CHARGESUS $79.00

Cheers,
Chris

John A Arkansawyer

RockStar wrote:Maybe John still needs tickets, perhaps IM him...

I did indeed nab these and am deciding on the disposition of the second one. If no one in Little Rock wants to make the drive with me, you folks are next in line.

zoid

Post by zoid »

RockStar wrote:Maybe John still needs tickets, perhaps IM him...

I did indeed nab these and am deciding on the disposition of the second one. If no one in Little Rock wants to make the drive with me, you folks are next in line.

Hey John, tried to email you but it bounced saying "User account is overquota". Tickets shipped priority mail and will be there Wed.

John A Arkansawyer

zoid wrote:Hey John, tried to email you but it bounced saying "User account is overquota".

My life, and welcome to it. Or, as Henny Youngman used to say, "Take my life--please!"

zoid wrote:Tickets shipped priority mail and will be there Wed.

Too cool! I can't believe I lucked into these. Thanks again (and thanks to RockStar for sending me an email to tell me about it).

John A Arkansawyer

I have my tickets--Yay! thanks to all concerned--and am still hoping someone from Little Rock will offer to make the drive out and back with me. If no one steps up pretty soon, I'll have a spare ticket. Also, if someone in line before I get there would like a six-thirty food delivery, let's talk.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

http://photos.al.com/4461/gallery/patte ... ex.html#/0

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- When an unknown band suddenly pole-vaults to fame -- flying over the heads of its competitors and winning that shiny gold medal of success -- the obvious question is: Why?

What makes this group so special, so popular, so noteworthy? And, just as important, do the musicians deserve the acclaim?

On Friday night in Birmingham, at the first of two sold-out concerts, the Alabama Shakes laid such matters to rest. The answers were obvious, and all led to the same conclusion. The young soul-rock outfit from Athens has a frontwoman to die for: 24-year-old Brittany Howard.

Her pipes are powerful. Her delivery is unselfconscious. Her commitment to the material is absolute...

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.s ... ard_3.html

Hurray for the Riff Raff, a great acoustic band from NOLA, opened for PH and the Shakes:
http://photos.al.com/4461/gallery/hurra ... ex.html#/1

John A Arkansawyer

It was a good show. I felt a little odd being in Birmingham by myself, having lived and courted there, but it was a nice trip. The opening band was good and I'd like to see them a little more up close. I left just a little before the Alabama Shakes were done--it'd been a long day and they played two slow songs in a row and it just all caught up to me--but I see what people see in them. It translated to me even way back in the back with not much of a view and a tired head on top.

Some bastard sold a lot of people fake tickets on Craigslist (imagine that!), so my spare got donated to the cause of getting them all in. (I'm pretty sure management let some people in without, too.) People were pretty generous with their spares, I thought.

It was a good, if short, set. I wasn't close enough to watch David Hood's hands as closely as I'd've liked, but he was a lesson anyway--completely perfect posture and stance, just like a man who plans to do this his whole life. Excellently relaxed. Those young cats he had with him were pretty good, too. ;-)

It was odd being at a show without knowing anyone. I ended up standing behind people who cheered every time David Hood was mentioned. That felt a lot like being around friends and family, so I took it.

Here's the set list:

Disappear
I Understand Now
After the Damage
Time Time to Know Her
Better Off Without
Pollyanna
Heat Lightning Rumbles in the Distance
Back of the Bible
Take A Letter, Maria