Luther Dickenson and album Hood recorded with his dad

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

blackwll

Luther Dickenson and album Hood recorded with his dad

Post by blackwll »

Anybody heard anything about the album Luther Dickenson of N. Miss. Allstars and his late father recorded several years ago with Patterson Hood (and another DBT member, E-ZB)? I remember Hood mentioning it on the interview he did with Mojo Nixon on Sirius XM when Hood's "other" band played San Diego last fall but nothing since. That would be killer.

Really, I hope that Luther would tour with Hood in support of such a "record". I saw him play with DBT 4-5 years ago and it was apocalyptic. Now that he is out of the Crowes maybe he would have more time and Hood is wrapping up the touring for his last solo record, although they may be starting a new DBT album soon.

porkulator

Re: Luther Dickenson and album Hood recorded with his dad

Post by porkulator »

Could that be "Onward and Upward" by Luther Dickinson and the Sons of Mudboy ?
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time.

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

porkulator wrote:Could that be "Onward and Upward" by Luther Dickinson and the Sons of Mudboy ?

That's a great record, but was written and recorded after Jim Dickinson passed on. This is something different. I want to hear it :D

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

porkulator wrote:Could that be "Onward and Upward" by Luther Dickinson and the Sons of Mudboy ?

The way Hood spoke of it they had kind of done it as a lark in the Dickinsons studio several years ago, maybe 2008-9, but it was never finished. He said maybe fall of this year as a tribute to Jim. Hope it comes out, two of my faves playing together.