DBT Albums - Week 1 - Pizza Deliverance

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Erdlivz

Re: DBT Albums - Week 1 - Pizza Deliverance

Post by Erdlivz »

dime in the gutter wrote:Image
ding.
Solid Dime!

I can't get enough of PD. This album trumped everything for me when DBT came into my life and it still does.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Well if pearlbeer is indeed correct in noting that today is the 17th anniversary of the release of PD, then I must say- Happy Birthday PD. Love this album.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

211poundsofpork wrote:Well if pearlbeer is indeed correct in noting that today is the 17th anniversary of the release of PD, then I must say- Happy Birthday PD. Love this album.
If you trust Wikipedia, he is correct. Amazon also lists the release day as May 11, 1999. I received review copies of this and Gangstabilly from Soul Dump right when Pizza Deliverance came out. Those two records are pretty much all I listened to for weeks on end back then. I'd say that's a huge reason why they're two of my favorite DBT's records to this day.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

There's a couple of tracks I'll always skip but PD remains the most listened to DBT album for me, no question.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

211poundsofpork

There is probably only one at this point that I skip over, and I believe it is Zoloft. I remember when I first heard this album years back and believe it or not, I was not a fan of Love Like This. :o. Wow, how times have changed. (I also WASN'T a huge fan of Margo and Harold, One of These Days, G. G. Allin, and President's Penis - remember, I said 'WASN'T.)
Gaetzi wrote:There's a couple of tracks I'll always skip but PD remains the most listened to DBT album for me, no question.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I measure albums based on how many "top tier" songs it contains. I consider these PD tracks to be top tier songs in the DBT catalog:

Bulldozers and Dirt
Nine Bullets
Uncle Frank - stunning Cooley track, in his top 5
Too Much Sex (Too Little Jesus)
Box of Spiders
One of These Days - probably my overall favorite DBT song!
The Company I Keep - love this one live, fantastic sing along
Tales Facing Up
Love Like This - Cooley really comes in to his own on this album

I always think of PD as the album where Cooley really established himself writing stone cold classic tracks. I consider Uncle Frank, One Of These Days, and Love Like This to be 3 of the best he's written.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Somewhere in storage, I have the press releases for both Gangstabilly and Pizza Deliverance. In one of them there's talk of an album they were working on back then called Betamax Guillotine. I'll have to dig those up to scan the next time I'm rummaging through my storage bin for artifacts.

211poundsofpork

brett27295 wrote:I measure albums based on how many "top tier" songs it contains. I consider these PD tracks to be top tier songs in the DBT catalog:

Bulldozers and Dirt
Nine Bullets
Uncle Frank - stunning Cooley track, in his top 5
Too Much Sex (Too Little Jesus)
Box of Spiders
One of These Days - probably my overall favorite DBT song!
The Company I Keep - love this one live, fantastic sing along
Tales Facing Up
Love Like This - Cooley really comes in to his own on this album

I always think of PD as the album where Cooley really established himself writing stone cold classic tracks. I consider Uncle Frank, One Of These Days, and Love Like This to be 3 of the best he's written.
Like ur list but mine would have Bulldozers and Dirt, Too Much Sex (Too Little Jesus), Box of Spiders, and One of These Days in the second or third tier as far as DBT and their growing impressive repertoire goes.