The Dimmer Twins 7/4/13 - Waverly, AL

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

blackwll

The Dimmer Twins 7/4/13 - Waverly, AL

Post by blackwll »

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f ... =1&theater

Together again and it feels so good!

Tyler
Site Admin

Re: The Dimmer Twins 7/4/13 - Waverly, AL

Post by Tyler »

Damn, if only it wasn't on a freakin' Thursday.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Tyler wrote:Damn, if only it wasn't on a freakin' Thursday.

Ummm yes, but it's Independence Day. That would make it a holiday if you're keeping track at home.

This will be a great one for sure. We'll be heading West that day for a family reunion though so will have to sit this one out.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Yea, but it's like an 11 hour drive for, so I'd still have to go into my dwindling PTO pool for the day before and the day after.

buddymo

Post by buddymo »

If you preface it with "This ain't no joke," then that means it can't be a joke, right? Because I'll burn that stage down if Standard Deluxe is playing tricks today.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

buddymo wrote:If you preface it with "This ain't no joke," then that means it can't be a joke, right? Because I'll burn that stage down if Standard Deluxe is playing tricks today.

One can only hope. Hood has played there the past two July 4th weekends,and Cooley played there in October. That would be a pretty cruel joke.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

In a recent interview, Cooley hinted that he'd like to do some shows with Patterson before cranking the Truckers back up fulltime in 2014. I just hope there's more of these, preferably in the Triangle region of North Carolina, as we've yet to get a Cooley solo show.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

Jealous for all that get to go!

Stream please!!!!

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

I wish they would hit up Mobile, AL or Pensacola..

I used to live about a hour from Waverly never got a chance to hit a show up over there.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

BiloxiParish wrote:I wish they would hit up Mobile, AL or Pensacola..

I used to live about a hour from Waverly never got a chance to hit a show up over there.

They used to play Soul Kitchen in Mobile, and Vinyl Music Hall in Pensacola a fair amount. It has been a year or so. Not sure why they have not played that area since 2011, better opportunities elsewhere? Come on up, great venue in Waverly and not too far from Mobile.

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

Yeah been waiting for a while for them to come closer to our residence. I want to be able to take my wife to her first DBT show.. I have unfortunately missed them each time they have come to New Orleans and played Tips.. We actually lived in Columbus, GA last year and wanted to catch I think it was Cooley when he played in Waverly, but having two toddlers sometimes gets in the way of things..

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Don Chambers (of GOAT) is opening, if you needed incentive.

Kid friendly venue, FWIW. Plenty of room to run and play. BYOB, etc. Coolest venue I have been to. Hood moaned about not bring his kids the first time he played there, and then brought them the second time he played with his solo band.

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Got my tickets. Foruth of July road trip from Jacksonville sounds perfect. Did someone say BYOB? Any other tips on this venue?
Thanks
Bnzz

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

It is in a very small town (village) about ten miles north of Auburn. No camping but there is a nice state park nearby in the Auburn area. I have gotten really good rates at the Auburn Hotel on campus in the summer as well. Venue generally operates on cash only basis, they have a screen shop with cool t shirts and posters, often for the event itself. For bigger events like the Old Hwy 280 Jam they have vendors for art, etc but may not for a concert like this. They usually have a good dinner served if you want to pay a little extra over the ticket price. Check their facebook page for more updates (Standard Deluxe). https://www.facebook.com/StandardDeluxe. Very laid back atmosphere with a lot of nice folks. No meatheads.

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

How many tickets does the venue usually sale, and any idea what the show is going to be like? Is it Hood Solo and Cooley Solo

grapico

Post by grapico »

I'm biased, but it's the best venue to see this duo play at......and you'll realize why Hood & Cooley love it so much. Very chill, BYOB, kids running around....you feel as if it's a scene in a movie. Yes, that cool.

grapico

Post by grapico »

BiloxiParish wrote:How many tickets does the venue usually sale, and any idea what the show is going to be like? Is it Hood Solo and Cooley Solo

I think they have sold up to 1500, but I'm guessing it will be in the 750-1000 range for this show. Maybe less.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

BiloxiParish

Post by BiloxiParish »

Told my wife last night, lettering her marinate on it for a bit. She will come around to it in a month or two lol

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

It's a week away from my wife's due date; still trying to talk her into it.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Smitty wrote:It's a week away from my wife's due date; still trying to talk her into it.

Hey, Patterson already does weddings; I'm sure delivering a baby would be a snap for him. Then you can name the baby after him and have a full set :D
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Smitty wrote:It's a week away from my wife's due date; still trying to talk her into it.

Didn't know yall were expecting Smitty. Congrats buddy.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

The Youngers will be there. There is no way I'm missing this with it so close to the house.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I think this is a picture of the venue.

Jonicont wrote:

Thanks Doc. This should be mandatory listening for users of this site.

It's early but I'd have to say at this point - this made my day. Gracias.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

blackwll wrote:It is in a very small town (village) about ten miles north of Auburn. No camping but there is a nice state park nearby in the Auburn area. I have gotten really good rates at the Auburn Hotel on campus in the summer as well.

I see two state parks in the area, Chewacla near Auburn (which I guess is who you mean) and Wind Creek on out into the country. Is one a lot better than the other? I'm going to look at hotel rates next. I see this as a daddy-daughter trip, and that means hotels with pools are preferred--but Jumpin Jeebus! Those hotel prices! So: Which park has good swimming?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
blackwll wrote:It is in a very small town (village) about ten miles north of Auburn. No camping but there is a nice state park nearby in the Auburn area. I have gotten really good rates at the Auburn Hotel on campus in the summer as well.

I see two state parks in the area, Chewacla near Auburn (which I guess is who you mean) and Wind Creek on out into the country. Is one a lot better than the other? I'm going to look at hotel rates next. I see this as a daddy-daughter trip, and that means hotels with pools are preferred--but Jumpin Jeebus! Those hotel prices! So: Which park has good swimming?

Chewlaca is smaller but big enough and closer. I think Wind Creek is on Lake Martin north on Montgomery, not too far away but some distance further. It is the biggest state AL park in terms of camping as I recall. Probably more of a destination in itself. The Auburn Hotel (the one with the conference center on campus) is really nice and may bargain if you call them directly. They do have an outdoor pool, not sure if it is open yet.

Waverly "survival guide": http://thisisamericanmusic.com/post/477 ... ney-weighs

FYI: I just checked the ticket site, and there were less than 500 tickets left! Now, they may sell more at the door, but based on the link above, they may be trying to limit the attendance. I have been there several times and it was no where near sold out, but there were people parked all over the place in a residential area. If you are travelling from outside the area, you might want to get one now. Kids are free, FYI.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Bump, Bump, Bump....

448 tickets left online...

May be more at door, not sure.

Good time on the 4th at a great venue.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

Rocky wrote:I think this is a picture of the venue.

Jonicont wrote:

is there anywhere to get that entire set? video or audio?

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Wife just gave the ok, we're in for this one too :D

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

ford911 wrote:
Rocky wrote:I think this is a picture of the venue.

Jonicont wrote:

is there anywhere to get that entire set? video or audio?

A lot of the songs Hood did originally at Waverly in 2011 for Heat Lightning are on youtube. Don't remember as many the following year with the band but may be some. Very different performances. Kind of like comparing the demo CD to the album.