June Mini-SE Tour

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tyler
Site Admin

June Mini-SE Tour

Post by Tyler »

Tickets go on sale tomorrow at noon

6/27 - Track 29 - Chattanooga, Tn
6/28 & 6/29 - Ziggy's - Winston-Salem, NC
6/30 - Jefferson Theater - Charlottesville, VA (Make up for snowed out show)

brett27295

Re: June Mini-SE Tour

Post by brett27295 »

We're all in for Ziggy's. Can't wait!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I'm in for those as well as the make-up show.

Nice scheduling for once - Fri-Sun.

Flea

Post by Flea »

I do believe that I'll add those Ziggy's shows to the rescheduled C'ville show to make a nice Lost Weekend.
Now it's dark.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Chattanooga is a definite possibility for us.
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Tyler wrote:Nice scheduling for once - Fri-Sun.

For many years, the Truckers were only playing around here during the week. Since I was still living at the coast then, it prevented me from making the nearly 3 hour drive up to catch them on a Tuesday (or whenever it was) unless I wanted to take the next day off. I finally got my break when they played Honky Tonkarama at the 506 in Chapel Hill in early 2000 which was on a weekend. That said, they had a hell of a turnout at Haw River Ballroom a couple of weeks ago and, from what I could tell, quite a few of those folks were seeing them for the first time.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Yea it was. Honestly, I have a feeling the fire marshall wouldn't have been too thrilled, what with the people standing on the stairs up the balcony all night.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Tyler wrote:Yea it was. Honestly, I have a feeling the fire marshall wouldn't have been too thrilled, what with the people standing on the stairs up the balcony all night.

It wasn't nearly as crowded but when I saw Megafaun there back in 2011, lots of folks were sitting/standing on the stairs, myself included. Sometimes I don't mind getting into the thick of it by going down front but that night wasn't one of them.

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

Prob in for at least one WS show, hopefully both

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

The new Ziggy's is a great venue too. We saw the Truckers there back in Nov 2011 and Isbell there a few months later. I never saw a show at the old Ziggy's, but my fiance who is a Winston native said it wasn't nearly as nice as the new one.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Never been to a show there. How's the sound?

WSPDBT

Post by WSPDBT »

if i can convince the mrs. we might be in for Chattanooga or i might come by myself
The Dude Abides

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Tyler wrote:Never been to a show there. How's the sound?

Ziggy's? Quite good to my ears.

roland

Post by roland »

brett27295 wrote:The new Ziggy's is a great venue too. We saw the Truckers there back in Nov 2011 and Isbell there a few months later. I never saw a show at the old Ziggy's, but my fiance who is a Winston native said it wasn't nearly as nice as the new one.

Yeah, the original Ziggy's was a dive where the stage was added to the back of a small house and enclosed. It was really homey and intimate. The new Ziggy's was built to be a destination venue with a killer PA and good sound deadening in a 2 story steel building. Y'all coming into town for the shows, check out my buddy's Irish pub Finnigan's Wake, 2 blocks down Trade St. from the venue. 30 Scotches, 40 taps, and a great kitchen.
Last edited by roland on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Looking like I may be Chattanooga bound for the 27th -

That Track 29 is a big freckin barn -

Daddy_played_poker

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

I'm excited about TWO shows in my backyard for a summer weekend. It will be like a "mini homecoming" for me and the growing list of DBT lovers here around Winston-Salem.
Last edited by Daddy_played_poker on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

in for at least one of the winston shows, hopefully both. the new ziggy's is really nice, went to the dbt/alabama shakes show there. good sound & had nice sightlines....there's a balacony & bar upstairs, but there's a vip area square in the middle & i think on both sides. i will say that irish place that's been mentioned is within walking distance & had some killer food....got there too late last time to really hang out & drink there but looked really cool.
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

To be clear - the VIP area at Ziggys is NOT right on the stage rail, right? Do they usually have a pit setup?

Flea

Post by Flea »

roland wrote:
brett27295 wrote:The new Ziggy's is a great venue too. We saw the Truckers there back in Nov 2011 and Isbell there a few months later. I never saw a show at the old Ziggy's, but my fiance who is a Winston native said it wasn't nearly as nice as the new one.

Yeah, the original Ziggy's was a dive where the stage was added to the back of a small house and enclosed. It was really homey and intimate. The new Ziggy's was built to be a destination venue with a killer PA and good sound deadening in a 2 story steel building. Y'all coming into town for the shows, check out my buddy's Irish pub Finnigan's Wake, 2 blocks down Trade St. from the venue. 30 Scotches, 40 taps, and a great kitchen.

Saw BOC on that original stage. Didn't they later add an outdoor stage, or is my memory totally corrupted?
Now it's dark.

roland

Post by roland »

Tyler wrote:To be clear - the VIP area at Ziggys is NOT right on the stage rail, right? Do they usually have a pit setup?

VIP is usually right beside stage right. The venue is GA from the front of the stage to stage left. There are 2 suites on the balcony, but you have to buy all the allotted tickets for the suite at once.

If you get there at your usual time, you'll get rail.

gerg

Post by gerg »

Saw Phish at the old Ziggy's. I liked that place.

roland

Post by roland »

Flea wrote:
roland wrote:

Saw BOC on that original stage. Didn't they later add an outdoor stage, or is my memory totally corrupted?

I think you were just fucked up. Inside the place, you could tell you were in an addition, and there were tarps over the windows in the fall/winter, but I don't think there was ever an outdoor stage.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

roland wrote:VIP is usually right beside stage right. The venue is GA from the front of the stage to stage left. There are 2 suites on the balcony, but you have to buy all the allotted tickets for the suite at once.

I've seen two shows at Ziggy's and never noticed a VIP section, other than the balcony suites. I don't think they have an VIP section for every show, maybe a band by band decision?

I remember when I was still living in Winston Vince Neil played Ziggy's and VIP tickets were $75 or so. As it got closer to the show I saw online that they had dropped the price of those tickets to like $40 and GA tickets to $20. I also remember reading about a Queensryche show and the VIP section. My point? I don't think they sell VIP tickets for every band.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Tickets are up - and as a bonus there are some 2-day passes available for the 2 Ziggy's shows, at a $10 discount.

roland

Post by roland »

brett27295 wrote:
roland wrote:VIP is usually right beside stage right. The venue is GA from the front of the stage to stage left. There are 2 suites on the balcony, but you have to buy all the allotted tickets for the suite at once.

I've seen two shows at Ziggy's and never noticed a VIP section, other than the balcony suites. I don't think they have an VIP section for every show, maybe a band by band decision?

I remember when I was still living in Winston Vince Neil played Ziggy's and VIP tickets were $75 or so. As it got closer to the show I saw online that they had dropped the price of those tickets to like $40 and GA tickets to $20. I also remember reading about a Queensryche show and the VIP section. My point? I don't think they sell VIP tickets for every band.

Yeah, it's the bands' choice to do the VIP or not. The Truckers' last show at Ziggy's had no VIP section.

09Gamecock

Post by 09Gamecock »

Any deals on hotel rooms in Winston-Salem? I wonder if a hotel in the area would do a DBT block room rate. There must be something going on that weekend because the Marriott seems to be sold out and the Wingate is practically sold out. Not a whole lot of decent places to choose from.

Hud

Post by Hud »

09Gamecock wrote:Any deals on hotel rooms in Winston-Salem? I wonder if a hotel in the area would do a DBT block room rate. There must be something going on that weekend because the Marriott seems to be sold out and the Wingate is practically sold out. Not a whole lot of decent places to choose from.

:D
Hoshicon is a Japanese animation and culture convention that celebrates all nerd fandoms in the area of Winston - Salem, NC. This event will take place on June 28 - 30, 2013. It will soon be an annual three - day event in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. Our main goal is to bring awareness and...    from animecons.com
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

Hud

Post by Hud »

We stayed at Hawthorne last time, 5 min. cab ride away. Nice enough place. I don't remember it being so expensive, but I guess it's the price you pay for staying at 420 High Street.
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

jarofdirt

Post by jarofdirt »

Flea wrote:
roland wrote:

They didn't add an outdoor stage, but they did have outdoor shows and bring in a "rent-a-stage" truck. I saw Zakk Wylde outside at the old Ziggy's.

As others have said the new Ziggy's is much nicer than the old one. The old one however just had that vibe to it, I spent a good portion of my teenage years there and it was a special place for me.

The sound in the new place is amazing. Like someone else said, the last time the Truckers were there they didn't have a VIP section, but I have seen Todd Snider there when there were tables set up right where the rail is, of course all of Todd's shows are seated. The past couple of times I have gone those tables have been to the right of the stage. When the place first opened they were selling "Gold Circle Seats" which wasn't really seating at all, you just had to pay extra to get stage front, but I am pretty sure they have stopped that now.

Pretty stoked about a two night stand right here in my back yard. Any ideas on who might be opening?

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

Definatley in for Chattanooga!!! Track 29 is a pretty cool place!! Hell yeah nothin like a kickass DBT rawk show in Chatt town!!! Already cant wait!! haha :D